Job Hunting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Leigh

74 months ago

I have been searching for work so long now. It seems no matter where I try to find a job, I'm either under qualified or have to much experience. How is this possible? I am qualified for in home health care as well as receptionist, and cashier/bartender cook. You would think there would be something out there for a single woman in her early 40's. Hundreds of resume's I have sent out and miles put on the vehicle and still nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

donna smith in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

i need to look for a new job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rllewis25@yahoo.com in Minneapolis, Minnesota

58 months ago

Leigh said: I have been searching for work so long now. It seems no matter where I try to find a job, I'm either under qualified or have to much experience. How is this possible? I am qualified for in home health care as well as receptionist, and cashier/bartender cook. You would think there would be something out there for a single woman in her early 40's. Hundreds of resume's I have sent out and miles put on the vehicle and still nothing.

I totally understand what you are going through! I am quailifed with many years of experience in fitness management, receptionist, healthcare. I get the same responses!I think for me its because I have an associates degree and NOT a Bachelors degree! Its the NEW Associates degree! No matter how much experience, training you have! A graduate of a bachelors degree with little work experience will get the job before I do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.