The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about autocad drafter work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Devils_i in Calgary, Alberta

68 months ago

enjoy?...efficiency and productivity...the less time you spend working with your work the better and it is self-gratifying!
dislike?...overlooking some errors just right under your nose...
challenge?..making your work more efficient and accurate.
opportunities?...endless! its jst like an imagination and creativity...limitless..
keeping me on my job?...economic survival....otherwise, i ll be in the paradise, wading in the warm beach, frolicking in the sun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

flubjub in Austin, Texas

67 months ago

switching jobs every six months. slaving for autodesk trying to figure out which software program to use. competing with people half your age for a job that pays somewhat more than average but not what you are worth. leaving your ego at the door and never being able to be creative. working for design architects that draw with pencils and dont understand cadd at all. encountering work situations where you are constantly on the way out. its not worth it. avoid cadd. its a dead end job. sure, you get to draw youd hate it if you are the slightest bit creative or want to feel accomplished in your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lunatic Fringe in Bellevue, Ohio

63 months ago

ACAD is wht you make of it. It can be very awarding, if you have a creative side about you. One of the best things you can do s get out in the "field" and take measurments and let CAD figure out the rest....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

flubjub in Austin, Texas said: switching jobs every six months. slaving for autodesk trying to figure out which software program to use. competing with people half your age for a job that pays somewhat more than average but not what you are worth. leaving your ego at the door and never being able to be creative. working for design architects that draw with pencils and dont understand cadd at all. encountering work situations where you are constantly on the way out. its not worth it. avoid cadd. its a dead end job. sure, you get to draw youd hate it if you are the slightest bit creative or want to feel accomplished in your career.

You hit the nail on the head; I've been doing this
for 14 years and the job market and work environment
only gets worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.