Why are there not real jobs out for a autocad drafter?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Terrell Robinson in York, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Temp Services is making it every hard find a real autocad position. Temp Services sucks and that not real jobs. Do anyone else feel the same way? I can't provide for my family working at a temp service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Carlsbad, California

53 months ago

Terrell Robinson in York, Pennsylvania said: Temp Services is making it every hard find a real autocad position. Temp Services sucks and that not real jobs. Do anyone else feel the same way? I can't provide for my family working at a temp service.

I agree, I'm out here in California and was hired by a temp agency. Although I was thatnkful to have a job, they overworked and underpaid me... way below industry standard. I hope that companies stop using these temp services...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gwhipple in Aldergrove, British Columbia

46 months ago

I am thinking of getting into this profession but maybe the answer is to reduce the demand of positions. I don’t know. What are your thoughts of a person getting into Architectural Drafting, considering the position of the global economy? Your Thoughts.

Gary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Oceanside, California

46 months ago

I started my own architectural drafting business in 2003... At the end of 2008, everything changed due to the economic downturn. I too have worked for a temp agency and as stated before, overworked and underpayed... What are we to do??? We need to work so we have no choice. I now have been fortunate enough to get some small residential additons based off of my previous clients... Architectural drafters are not in demand right now but hopefully everything goes in cycles... We are slowly seeing more construction and general public have put the remodeling plans on hold until the economy comes back... Hang in there and do what you can. One day we will be in demand again. As for Temp agencies... If we stopped working for them and get hired directly from the companies... they would get better work from the drafters... as temps, we are not excited about the job because we know that it's temporary. Pursue your dream, if drafting is it... put in your 100% and it'll come back to you.

Michael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Baltimore, Maryland

46 months ago

Michael in Carlsbad, California said: I agree, I'm out here in California and was hired by a temp agency. Although I was thatnkful to have a job, they overworked and underpaid me... way below industry standard. I hope that companies stop using these temp services...

Sad to say Michael, Temp services are the wave of the future thanks to ObamaCare.
Businesses don't want to pay your health insurance, so they contract out their work and cut the cost right there. Sad... So Sad, and all the Uber Liberal Douchebags think that ObamaCare is great. So what if I'm insured... Insurance doesn't put FOOD on my table or pay my mortgage. Thank You Barrack, Nancy and Harry. I love being unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

46 months ago

Bob, you are so very right. I can not even find a temp position and will wind up losing my house... I will have health insurance but will starve to death out in the cold....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Keth in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

I have been a Cad drafter for over 30 Years . I was laid off from my job and haven't been able to find a job for three years. i am also afraid of loosing everything. I have applied to job recuiters but no luck finding jobs. don't know what to do .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

James B. in Glendale, Arizona

15 months ago

Mark Keth in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been a Cad drafter for over 30 Years . I was laid off from my job and haven't been able to find a job for three years. i am also afraid of loosing everything. I have applied to job recuiters but no luck finding jobs. don't know what to do .

First pray then put your resume on LINKED IN. COP put me thru a 2 weeks course on how to get a job and write a resume. They say your resume should only go back 10 years. Have you tried a college class to bring your skills current?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

8 months ago

gwhipple in Aldergrove, British Columbia said: I am thinking of getting into this profession but maybe the answer is to reduce the demand of positions. I don’t know. What are your thoughts of a person getting into Architectural Drafting , considering the position of the global economy? Your Thoughts.

Gary

You'd be better off becoming an architect.

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

8 months ago

Drafting is no longer a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trebby in Norwalk, California

5 months ago

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas said: Drafting is no longer a career.

Cad drafting is one the skills for engineers and architect or a specialization as an engineer/architect. If your are an engineer and you don't know anything about cad rather than calculation is useless but could just be a document engineer, secretary whatever out of in the designing. You can't submit a design if without drawing in the city to get permit. Cad is very useful to any company even real estate, it is a based for presentation that explain a thousand words if you have drawings, also that the only way that they can approved with seal or stamp for documents and construction guide. Without drawings doesn't explain your plan verbally, ii is guaranteed that the drawings with measurements could be happen everyday too, like measuring and estimation. it is also in the product design and etc.

Most of all, marked my words to all who want to put up a business need a cad team, make sure that they can a afford to pay the right salary specially to the engineers with cad skills, with lots of experience should pay higher, so or better not to put up a business if you can't pay the right salary, cad is very useful and important as I'm doing now. Based on my experience I master using cad for 5 years, now I'm 20 years still keep on using to my job as engineer with a good pay and good company, its flexible, it depends also how you use it. The best also for 3D. Tnx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

5 months ago

The US has lost its manufacturing base.

trebby in Norwalk, California

5 months ago

they're still out there, some company or manufacturers they have a lot of doubts if they need it or not a cad drafting, it is useful and scaled presentation/drawings shows exactly how it looks like. In everyday our lives we need some help from the manufacturer to provide what we need like foods, etc. or to imports products. They always create and think better products comparing that rises to the competitors, in order to produce it, they need something to design a product such as packing the products, cases, etc. they need also to get some sizes to fit the products. In the production for the automation needs to design or redesign with the flexibility of using cad drafting, without cad they maybe not to create it. I'm explaining the creativity that we need to improve our products just to help our country survive. We need to create something to help our country through the help by designing a product using cad software. This is the problem to the manufactures they don't believe using cad drafting, but using cad may help their needs and should pay higher too. I was working in the construction, gov't projects including bridges, utilities, structural, architecture, mapping, product presentation, and more, because of this cad software I took a lot of opportunities to get a job. This may depend also to your expertise about cad, if you really know how to work it........I'm enjoying my job as cad designer. Tnx.

Steven in Independence, Missouri

2 months ago

I would be thankful just to get a temp job in CAD. There's nothing out there right now.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.