what to do..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

nick from wisco in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

59 months ago

i live near a tech college that offers blueprint reading/ autocad program but its only a certificate program and not an associate degree. would i be able to find jobs with just the certificate or do i really need an associate degree??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Upenn02' in Swedesboro, New Jersey

56 months ago

Nick for Wisco-
Stick w/ getting the AS degree at the very least. Forget the cert. programs as they are rip offs. You learn very little which leaves you weak bargaining power when trying to sell your skills. Also, make sure your AS degree is transferable. Trust me you will want to move on from being a cad operator in 5-7 yrs. Good luck.

john in Newark, New Jersey

49 months ago

Upenn02' in Swedesboro, New Jersey said: Nick for Wisco-
Stick w/ getting the AS degree at the very least. Forget the cert. programs as they are rip offs. You learn very little which leaves you weak bargaining power when trying to sell your skills. Also, make sure your AS degree is transferable. Trust me you will want to move on from being a cad operator in 5-7 yrs. Good luck.

i have a question im going to get my cert in autocad would it be smart to get my cert to get my foot in the door then finish my degree in engineering to make more money

Spectrum in Washington, Missouri

49 months ago

john in Newark, New Jersey said: i have a question im going to get my cert in autocad would it be smart to get my cert to get my foot in the door then finish my degree in engineering to make more money

It is certainly possible to get your foot in the door with a certificate. However it is more difficult these days in drafting period because of the economy. Don't be discouraged by this, if the engineering field is something that you wish to pursue. If you want the Engineering Degree, start early because the old adage is true; it is harder to go back to school the longer you wait.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.