4.0x engines on ford

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

stephencntry in Independence, Missouri

63 months ago

I have an Explorer that has the x engine in it with lifters rattling. How hard is that to change the lifters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adam Myers in Andrews, Indiana

62 months ago

stephencntry in Independence, Missouri said: I have an Explorer that has the x engine in it with lifters rattling. How hard is that to change the lifters?

Hi for one have you ever taken a modern engine apart, if you have you should know that there are a lot of special tools to use and if you don't have the right tools it makes it a heck of a lot harder or impossible to do the job if i am thinking of the right motor here it is and over head cam right and has a rocker that pushes on the lifters what i mean by special tool is a tool that pushes on the lifter so the rocker can come out,then the lifter should come right out but don't start something you really can't do trust me and don't get offended it will cost twice as much to have someone else do it the second time email me if you want myersfirebird@gmail.com Adam Myers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SPENCER in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

WHY ARE THE LIFTERS MAKING A NOISE AND ARE YOU SURE IT IS THE LIFTERS?QUOTE who="stephencntry in Independence, Missouri"]I have an Explorer that has the x engine in it with lifters rattling. How hard is that to change the lifters?

stephencntry in Independence, Missouri

61 months ago

SPENCER in Las Vegas, Nevada said: WHY ARE THE LIFTERS MAKING A NOISE AND ARE YOU SURE IT IS THE LIFTERS?QUOTE who="stephencntry in Independence, Missouri"]I have an Explorer that has the x engine in it with lifters rattling. How hard is that to change the lifters?

The Oil pump is clogged with sludge so it is not the lifters. sorry for bothering you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wayne in Ruston, Louisiana

37 months ago

it is not that hard but you must know the tourqe specs on the lifters take the valve cover off and take the old one out there are two bolts in each when you put the new ones in you have a tightening pattern you can find out from the parts store they can print out all the specs and pattern

c jones in Knightdale, North Carolina

28 months ago

SPENCER in Las Vegas, Nevada said: WHY ARE THE LIFTERS MAKING A NOISE AND ARE YOU SURE IT IS THE LIFTERS?QUOTE who="stephencntry in Independence, Missouri"]I have an Explorer that has the x engine in it with lifters rattling. How hard is that to change the lifters?

change the oil pump lifter not getting any oil check the screen in the oil pump it some time clogg with oil seals

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.