MECHANICS HELPER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

MR>Alan S. ALLEN in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

, I have not been certified but i can be , I can hone and bore cylynders walls, grindvale and vale sets, check the out of round ness of crank and cam shafts with a dial indictor, can use prestege to check the clearance of the mains bearings, can do brakes, and muffler repair, all moniors repairs, some trouble shotting, can rotate and balance tires, can do suspention, i have had no no training to rebuild automatic transmissions,but can service them, and replace them, had some training in punking repair,can change outer and iner racesses on the front spindells, have in the past rebuild acouple engines, i have vated heads and blocks, and check the heads for being worped, also check the cam and crank shafts for wore, cracked, pitted condictions,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

benyidenes in Trenton, New Jersey

29 months ago

MR>Alan S. ALLEN in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania said: , I have not been certified but i can be , I can hone and bore cylynders walls, grindvale and vale sets, check the out of round ness of crank and cam shafts with a dial indictor, can use prestege to check the clearance of the mains bearings, can do brakes, and muffler repair, all moniors repairs, some trouble shotting, can rotate and balance tires, can do suspention, i have had no no training to rebuild automatic transmissions,but can service them, and replace them, had some training in punking repair,can change outer and iner racesses on the front spindells, have in the past rebuild acouple engines, i have vated heads and blocks, and check the heads for being worped, also check the cam and crank shafts for wore, cracked, pitted condictions,

i have a same problem worked 20 years like auto mechanic ,now, no jobs like mechanic helper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

klagmire in Fenton, Michigan

26 months ago

if your a mechanics helper you have no ambition. Get into it an make more money. get licsenced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

it took me less than 5 years to be ASE certified in all 8.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

with those certs I command 26 a hour flat rate. no matter what.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

TBH I did take courses at the local communnity college and was working towards my degree in Automotive tech. If you want to be successful at automotive repair- keep your training and knowledge at expert levels. And make sure you get paid at those levels. and up to date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.