banquet serving jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

m

76 months ago

Most of the ads I see for banquet servers say they want experience how do you get that?, if no one will hire with out it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacek in Tallahassee, Florida

75 months ago

Next time when they asked you if you have experience just say YES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bomax in Cocoa, Florida

58 months ago

I did not finish what "Dude" wrote because he got it right on the first sentence. I spent 24 years at Disney with direct contact with guests. A personality can NOT be taught. A RARE perfect personality with natural manners and good looks and great English is a Prize. This type person may have thin skin...so it is an adjustment for them and a plus for the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

m

58 months ago

thanks everyone,
since I asked that question 17 months ago I got a job as a banquet server and love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hilton in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

58 months ago

i need job

m

58 months ago

Apply to jobs even if they arn't hiring thats how I got my job.

The Tipster in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Hey everyone!!!

I am an author and I am writing a new book on how to make more money in tips as a server or bartender in a recession. Now I have been in food service for over 9 years but I want to know about some of the things that you may do to make more money in tips or something you may have seen someone else do that got them a higher tip.

Any information you can give me on this topic would be greatly appriciated! Thank you!

Penelope in Littleton, Colorado

34 months ago

m said: Most of the ads I see for banquet servers say they want experience how do you get that?, if no one will hire with out it?

One way is to look at temporary agencies...They often will send you places that are desperate...so you can learn there...Learn to lift the heavy trays with your Thighs...After learning the ropes...apply to hotels where the pay is usually more...Hope it works out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian Francis Fenlon in Palm Harbor, Florida

23 months ago

m said: Most of the ads I see for banquet servers say they want experience how do you get that?, if no one will hire with out it?

temp positions are a great way to get your foot in the door then when you have some confidence apply and state you have experience. Brian Francis Fenlon

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.