What are typical Broadband Technician salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

the lion in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

Well, I worked at Qwest Communications for several yrs and I averaged 70k a year w/OT. Base pay is about 58k. At Qwest it's a Union and they pay really well. When I first got aboard with them they sent me to Install/Repair POTS, Video, and then DSL I/R classes. Company has a lot of money and I took advantage of all the training they provided me. It is rather difficult to get in. Some people wait around 2 yrs? I got lucky because a recruiting company for Qwest was looking for Veterans and I had prior service with a Telcom background. I can say one thing a lot of Politics due to the Union/Mgmt thing that happens on a daily basis. I have also worked for Comcast as a contractor and you can pull in $1000-$1200 a week. It helps if you have basic knowledge/background of electronic theory, Telephony, PC's, networking, Alarm Security, Home Entertainment, running Cat 3/5/6, RG6,59 or whatever. I've seen people who worked in factories get into this company and did really well! Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.