I want to be BA ...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Chandrao@ritepros.com in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Hi my names is chandra and I am The Director of HR call me I can put in next batch of BA traning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Gopal S in London, United Kingdom

80 months ago

In London, I found most of the BA are from Test/domain background and rare from Devs.
and I think MBA which drive at fast towards BA path rather than waiting for aged experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Nyatanga in Cape Town, South Africa

80 months ago

I'm in Cape Town, South Africa, I have post grad degree in Information Systems & Management and am interested in pursuing a career in Business Analysis, I've worked as an IT Coordinator for a travel company setting up a CRM for the company and other IT tools. I would like to take the step to being an analyst is there training in South Africa, I see most of the offerings are in Canada, is there a particular training Institute I should look for or companies that rovide on the job training with the right background??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul ELenis in Thimianá, Greece

80 months ago

Hi basically am gonna be living in london, i have a computer networks master a beng in computers and an MBA. i have worked for a year as a manager in a diy company and 2 years as a network engineer i would like to ask are my qualifications enough to become a business analyst or there is a step that ia have to take before proceeding in becoming a business analyst?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Atlanta, Georgia

70 months ago

Interesting case...I only have a bachelor's in English/Education and have worked four years as an English teacher. I hate my job, am sick of liberal artsy, and want to break into the IT/business world. Should I pursue an MBA with an IS emphasis? Get a masters in MIS? Just get a PM certificate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sheldon in Bromley, United Kingdom

60 months ago

hi

i am looking for advice of how to get into BA. I am considering leaving my current job. i have worked for 12 years providing procurement advice tot he MoD. the type of work has included advising on types of equipment to procure that meet cost and effectiveness requirements. the work has involved the full range of requirements capture through cost and effectiveness/benefits modeling through to writing analysis papers and providing presentations detailing the evidence supporting procurement decisions.

reading the posts in this forum, i get the impression that BA is about building software systems to solve business problems/challenges. if this is the case, then perhaps BA of this nature is not for me. i did start out my career for almost 3 years working as a software engineer, however, i found much more satisfaction from providing the procurement advice i described above, which does include at times developing bespoke software models.

I, therefore, would like to get an impression of what BA is. in your opinion, could my analytical skills (operational analysis/research) be applied to a BA environment; where it could be used for addressing business strategy options for example? is that BA?

thanks in anticipation for any help/guidance; and.

regards.

to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sheldon in Bromley, United Kingdom

60 months ago

Do my suggestions make sense to you?

Hi Kingsley

yes, tghank you, i think this is very valuable advice. today i have all ready actioned it and i have ben looking for BA jobs in procurement and logistics. i have all ready found a few for which my skills would appear to have direct read across.

i was particularly interested in those jobs asking for consultants to provide support into assessing supply chain strategies. there were also quite a lot of jobs for procurement posts, i.e. buying equipment to support a business. these types of jobs would be appropriate, though the slight down side is that they all ask for specific experience in that domain. in these cases, i think my task is to convince them that i have the skills and with my enthusiasm and ability to grasp new information etc i will be appropriate.

thanks again for your advice.

regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Shelby, North Carolina

14 months ago

If you want to be a BA its a long road. It is rewarding but there is a lot to learn. There are some good articles on <a href="www.ebusinessanalysttraining.com/articles/">analyst training</a> hope it helps

Cheers

James in Shelby, North Carolina

13 months ago

Becoming a business analyst is a very rewarding feeling. Im Bias, as I have been a BA for about 15 years and it has treated me well.A career as A Business Analyst is never a bad idea. There are lots of resources online for researching the field.But this site has more info on
<a href="www.ebusinessanalysttraining.com/">business analyst training</a>. It has some good articles and information.

Cheers.

NEYHA SONI in San Diego, California

9 months ago

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone help me with useful information/tips to find a job as an IT business analyst in San Diego and around.I recently completed a training in BA and feel prepared to look for opportunities.How should I go about it?any suggestions /recommendations for desi agencies?I am on EAD
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Training in Sandiego, California

8 months ago

You can email me (ba.jobs.marketing@gmail.com) if you are interested in joining.

SAPXPERT in Hilliard, Ohio

6 months ago

Contact us at www.sapxpert.com

SAPXPERT in Hilliard, Ohio

6 months ago

Contact us at scutum.sapxpert@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.