I am currently a rising senior at Virginia Tech studying Business Economics and Finance. When I graduate, my ultimate goal is to get my foot in the door at a big time Consulting firm to pursue a career at and ride the corporate ladder.
After doing some research it seems that the entry level point would be as a business analyst (or related position) as you move your way up to associate/consultant/project management positions.
I was hoping any of you with some experience in this field could shed some light and maybe give me a piece of advice as I head down this path.
Questions I have been asking:
- What to expect entering the job market
- How to market myself to these big name firms
- What to look for in a company/position
- Any continued education/certification/training to consider
- What was your experience like entering this field?
I appreciate any feedback! Thanks.