Business Analyst EXPERIENCE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

tbailey in Kissimmee, Florida

11 months ago

Graduated this year, I have a ton of work experience for the Post Office but I would like to become a business analyst. Not only do I love talking business but I love to over analyze things. My problem is that I have no specific experience as a business analyst....any suggestions on how I can gain some experience to help me find a business analyst job? I am willing to do volunteer work or work for free under a mentor as long as it is worthy experience for my resume...I live in Kissimmee FL if anyone knows some possibilities...Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

johnseag in Milpitas, California

11 months ago

Try taking some courses at the local CC, or even online on platforms like Udemy - really important to have strong Excel, Powerpoint, SQL, data analytics and computer/IT knowledge. Also depends on if you're looking to become an IT Business Analyst (Systems Analyst) or a "functional" business analyst (e.g. financial analyst), each requires a very different skill set. You can also try your luck at getting an internship first, or even signing up as a contractor on oDesk or Elance and trying to get some project experience that way, but these platforms are competitive. Here's a good site with some helpful info: www.businessanalystcv.com/the-business-analyst-role/job-duties-and-description/different-types-of-business-analyst-positions/

Chrisfdc in Barcelona, Spain

10 months ago

Agreed that Udemy is a good option: You can pick out the courses that interest you and take them in your own time as they offer lifetime access. Here's an outline and reviews for one of their most popular courses in Excel:
right-course-online.com/full-list/office/microsoft-ms-excel/review-udemy-advanced-microsoft-excel-2013-online-training-course/
They also offer business courses, so it worth also browsing their catalog. I hope this helps and good luck!

howtotips in Floral Park, New York

10 months ago

you can also attend a free demo on Business Analysis course training. This is a live instructor demo, and can be registered at:
docs.google.com/forms/d/14eQtIqj5tRK8Wnn7tFnPJOEB_YQ7IjTFsnyWMGahzUM/viewform

celina carlz in sydney, Australia

7 months ago

it would be better if you do some short courses and gain some experience by doing internships. Doing freelance projects is also not a bad idea. You can get some initial ideas of it here www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXqSUsGn6I&feature=youtu.be

Sravan in Monroe Township, New Jersey

7 months ago

hi there I can help you, I have over 5 years in training business analysis and I myself work as a Business Analyst manager a major financial firm. I enjoy training therefore I am pursuing this passion. you can reach out to me at sravanba@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.