Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming business analyst interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Srikanth in Hounslow, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Thank you for your information,
Could you please suggest me a preferable book and website for reference,
Are the above questions appliacable for IT industry as well??
Thank you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kavita in Arlington Heights, Illinois

73 months ago

Srikanth in Hounslow, United Kingdom said: Thank you for your information,
Could you please suggest me a preferable book and website for reference,
Are the above questions appliacable for IT industry as well??
Thank you .

Hi,

Those questions are for IT industry only.You can refer geekinterview.com and searc for BA Interview questions.Its very helpful site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

srikanth in Hyderabad, India

73 months ago

Kavita in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Hi,

Those questions are for IT industry only.You can refer geekinterview.com and searc for BA Interview questions.Its very helpful site.

Thanks for ur reply ,Could you please suggest me any preferable book for BA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NISHIKANT in Bombay, India

73 months ago

feel nice seeing such a high speed co-operation, bout me working for last 7 years , 6 months in banking industry , wants to go for BA

warm regards
nishi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LD in United Kingdom

73 months ago

Kavita in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Hi,

would these Qs be relevant in the Telecoms ind. too? I have recently applied for a BA position, though have no formal knowledge of the position. any advice would be most appreciated.

L. London

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shivlee in Pune, India

69 months ago

Hi Guys,

Please follow this link to get un-limited interview questions on asp.net, testing, php, java, oracle etc.This site also includes Freelance projects, Online air ticket reservation functionality, gaming, latest sports news, discussion forum, directory submission, latest jobs.

www.interviewhelper.org

Follow the link and have all these functionalities under one url.

Thanks and Regards,
Interview Helper Team

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Savita in Westmont, Illinois

68 months ago

Kavita in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Hi ,
Here are some commom questions for BA Interview that were asked to me:
1-How do you create Use Case
2-What are components of UML
3- How do you handle User Conflict
4-How do you manage if requirements are changing rapidly
5-Whom would you invite for JAD Session and why?
who will you make sure to invite for JAD session and why?
6-Questions about your experince
7-Questions about various tools like Req Pro,Rose,Clearcase
8-If you are asked to include particular requirement in current requirements ,what will you do
what if users insists on including it ?
9-Questions related to methdologies like RUP.
10-Questions about various diagrams that are created and in which situation you will use particular diagram.

I hope this will help.
Kavita

Hello kavita,
I am looking for a BA job desperately, can you suggest me if you are aware of any opportunities.

Thanks
Savita
847-519-2141

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

savita in Westmont, Illinois

68 months ago

Hi shaveta,

If you can give me your email Id I can send you few docs to go thru, besides you can browse thru internet for various details on the course.
let me know your contact number as well, we can stay in touch. Email me on savita.mehta@yahoo.com.
Good luck to you.

Savita

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pallavi in Smyrna, Georgia

68 months ago

Hello Savita,

I am also looking out for BA job . I stay in atlanta and desperately looking out for BA job . Bascially I am gonnna do BA- QA combination . Do you think is it good ? and can u tell me any Book for that and in Interview prepration on which part I should give importance like UML, Use case ? What are the things which company requries most. I am curruntly giving Six sigma Green belt. I am also saling in same boat like yours , can you e-mail me some sites which you know about BA . I will also send u some sites which I know .my e-mail addres is Pallskulkarni@yahoo.com and phone no is <Edited by Host: contact info removed>.

Pallavi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hi shaveta,

Thanks for replying back . Well We can really form a good group of BA , and Hunt for jobs. Do share informations like that . my e-mail address is pallskulkarni@yahoo.com

Pallavi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

srikanth in Overland Park, Kansas

68 months ago

hello shavetha and savitha,

I am also on the lookout for job as a BA. Could you please share information
regarding the materials and any demo projects on which you have worked.
my email id is sriikanth_89@yahoo.com

srikanth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hello Nishi,

Can i have the site details where we can search for jobs in USA, looking forward for your reply....

Thankyou
Savita.

68 months ago

Sure, Go a head and have some rest Nishi,
look forward to your reply later.

Warm regards
Savi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

hello Nishi

Thanks for emailing me and keeping me in loop . Please send us all information you have about SDLC and BA &QA interview questions and sites please . It will be really great help for us :) You can email me on pallskulkarni@yahoo.com and even to our BA gang .

Thanks
Pallavi

nishi in Bombay, India

68 months ago

hi gang of ba gals

how did you find the site ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

archana in Ashburn, Virginia

68 months ago

please keep me posted if you guys have BA interview questions for some i have the answers but if you tend to find any site which gives answers also it will be useful
Thanks
Archana

shaveta hans in Bellevue, Washington

68 months ago

archana in Ashburn, Virginia said: please keep me posted if you guys have BA interview questions for some i have the answers but if you tend to find any site which gives answers also it will be useful
Thanks
Archana

Hi Archana, as per your interest I would like to add you in our BA group. please give us your emailid to keep you posted in our future emails.

Good luck
Shaveta Hans

68 months ago

Hi Can any one help me with questions for BA in Pharma domain??
thanks
savi

Conrad in Bangor, United Kingdom

68 months ago

I am currently studying for the ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis and I would like to be included in any mailings regarding the interview and other things BA related. My email address is conradhewitt@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks C

hello Savita in Smyrna, Georgia

67 months ago

hey ,

All of sudden ur employer is saying that :(( my god . But really these days market is so bad . I also contacted some recruiters They said that maket is down and dont apply rght now . Well can u give me your e-mail address ? so That i can forward u some requirments which I have got from where i learnt BA .

palls

Manisha in avenel, New Jersey

67 months ago

Hi all BA gang members
I am interested in joining your gang as I am looking for Ba opportunities but have a lot of doubts and need help with some interview questions.
Thanks

Ria tp in Washington

67 months ago

shaveta hans in Bellevue, Washington said: Hi Archana, as per your interest I would like to add you in our BA group. please give us your emailid to keep you posted in our future emails.

Good luck
Shaveta Hans

Hi shaveta,

This is Ria. I need ur help asap. I want some good examples/projects related to BA and if at the time of interview they ask me what was ur role as business analsyt in the previous company help me out with this too. and if u have more info realted to BA send me soon. My email id :vermatp@gmail.com
I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shaveta in Bellevue, Washington

67 months ago

Ria tp in Washington said: Hi shaveta,

This is Ria. I need ur help asap. I want some good examples/projects related to BA and if at the time of interview they ask me what was ur role as business analsyt in the previous company help me out with this too. and if u have more info realted to BA send me soon. My email id :vermatp@gmail.com
I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP.

Hi Ria...sorry for being late.

please contact me at shavetahans@gmail.com. Anyways where are you located...?

mathu in Jersey City, New Jersey

67 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am also preparing for BA / QA combination.I am preparing for my interviews It will be helpful if we can help each other with interview tips.I want to know how to handle questions like tell me about yourself,what was your role in your previous project,some real time project examples in insurance domain...

Also can you please add me in in your BA group.
Please Help.

Thanks
Mathu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Hello Rukhmini,

My name is Pallavi.Welcome to our gang of BA . Well the site spectrasolutions.com is not working . i think Its under construction. Are you BA in software systems , or finanacials?
what did they ask you interviews and how did u prepare for those qustions, Please help me in that , If uknow more sites about BA can u please share with us ?

I will defiantly think about the functionility question u have asked and let u know soon:)my email address is pallskulkarni@yahoo.com

Thanks

Pallavi Bokil

savita in Oak Brook, Illinois

67 months ago

Hi All,

Finally, I have managed to get a client call which is scheduled in coming week... its from Verizon.... Can any of you help me with few interview questions!!!

quickly people, I got to make sure I answer with confidence...

Thanks
Savita.
Savita.mehta@yahoo.com

Kavitha Jay in Boca Raton, Florida

67 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming business analyst interview?

Hello Everyone,
I am looking out for a BA-QA job. Can anyone help me to find online books or website related to BA? I have to start from the scratch, as I don’t have any experience in this field. My email address is kavitha.jaya.86@gmail.com

kavitha

Mita in Fremont, California

67 months ago

shaveta hans in Bellevue, Washington said: Hi Archana, as per your interest I would like to add you in our BA group. please give us your emailid to keep you posted in our future emails.

Good luck
Shaveta Hans

Hi my name is mita can you pls add me to your BA group my email ID is mitas510@aol.com and also do you have any sites or recommendations pls forward.

Mita

Rukmani in Hyderabad, India

67 months ago

savita in Oak Brook, Illinois said: Hi All,

Finally, I have managed to get a client call which is scheduled in coming week... its from Verizon.... Can any of you help me with few interview questions!!!

quickly people, I got to make sure I answer with confidence...

Thanks
Savita.
<removed contact information>

Hi Savitha,
Hope you went through verizon interview. can you share your experience and type of questions you faced. this will help us to enhance
good luck
rukmani

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sukanya in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

hi friends..

I am QA Analyst.. really interested in QA/BA position..new to BA..
join me yaar in ur BA gp & send me some documents
my email 89akula@gmail.com

Nocturne in Glen Carbon, Illinois

66 months ago

Finally found a BA group. How do i get more interview questions/ links/ prep work?
Can anyone email me at NockyD@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sonu

66 months ago

Hey lovely BA ladies, can I join your email group? Please email me docs at sobu20@gmail.com, I too can contribute to the pool of q and a.

lakshmicsholapur@yahoo.com in Minooka, Illinois

60 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming business analyst interview?

Interview questions change depending upon the client requirement. We need to know what are the responsibilities the client is expecting this role to perform. We need to know whether they are hiring this role for a New project TO-BE, or the project has already started, this role has to define and manage requirements, or this role has to help testing team, or this role is going to help analyse change requests, OR is going to play multiple roles for multiple projects that are parallally ? Is it possible for you to share the requirement to us ? thank you. lakshmi

varun kumar in Hyderabad, India

53 months ago

8-If you are asked to include particular requirement in current requirements ,what will you do
10-Questions about various diagrams that are created and in which situation you will use particular diagram.

I hope this will help.
Kavita

Hi Kavita,
I am Varun, I have exp. in Finance (KPO) abt. 6 yrs. Can i get into BA position. what kind of questions will i have to face.

BA to be in Sydney, Australia

50 months ago

Hello Friends,

I have been into the Investment industry for 5 years.
I would also like to join the BA mailing group. My email ID is marching2success@gmail.com
Shevata/Savita,

Can anyone forward me the BA docs which can be a useful read before i step into the BA arena.

Thanks,

KATHY BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST in ISELIN, New Jersey

49 months ago

Hello Friends,

I am looking for a BA job. I would love to join the BA group. Can you please send me the BA docs which can be helpful to crack interviews. Mu email ID is kathy.bsa@gmail.com

Thanks,
Kathy.

GB in Piscataway, New Jersey

47 months ago

I hope this will help.
Kavita

Hello Kavitha,
Thanks for your reply on this.

Can you also give the flow of work, such as, once you attend a JAD session, followed by Requirement gathering and the complete flow till sign off in a way, I could answer an interview.

Thanks and regards,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

paddy123 in Mullingar, Ireland

47 months ago

Hi Kavita,

Thanks for your list of detailed question. I am going to attend a BA interview next week. Desparate to selcect. Can u please provide possible correct answers for above questions ?

Appreciate ur time.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sudeep

43 months ago

Hi guys, like most of us, I am also looking to land a gig as a BA. I currently work as one, but the contract is nearing it's term with no signs of extension at this point.

Could you guys please include me in the distro list for BA docs, possible opportunities [Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas or New Jersey, if possible], current interview questions et all ? my email id : sudeep.mehrotra@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!!

taazinuk in London, United Kingdom

41 months ago

Hi kavita

Apologies if you do not want to be mailed.I have a quick question and thought you could help , assuming that you have cleared all the modules before your oral exams.

I have just cleared the Business Analysis Essestials exam and want to start studying ( self study) for the Requirements Engineering Practitioners module ( slowly moving towards the diploma.
Can you suggest which book (from the list of books given by BCS site) will be sufficient/usefull for Requirements Engineering . If you can point me to any other book/study material which I can buy , that would be great as well.

with regards
Tazz

rene in Bountiful, Utah

41 months ago

I wish to join this BA group and need help in transition into a BA role. Please guide me. My email is renekaur1@gmail.com. Would appreciate all the help and guidance. Thanks.

Rene

Vijendra in San Diego, California

40 months ago

I would like to change my domain from non it to IT domain through BA role.
So i attendingBA course in IIBA institute. Could you please tell me how to prepare for BA interview.

Margi in Phoenix, Arizona

40 months ago

Hello Team,

I am Margi completed my one project in BA and now looking for another project since two and half months...
I would like to talk with ppl doing marketing in BA. So that we can share our interview experience.
I have one interview in next week,,can anybody help me with HealthCare domain interview questions..
I would appreciate your help and guidance
My id: modi.margi@gmail.com

Regards,
Margi

alex in Irving, Texas

36 months ago

rene in Bountiful, Utah said: I wish to join this BA group and need help in transition into a BA role. Please guide me. My email is renekaur1@gmail.com. Would appreciate all the help and guidance. Thanks.

Rene

Did you land a project

Donna in Burbank, California

36 months ago

take the from analystschool.com
I just got the job and they prepared me for everything that related to BA.

Dev in Mississauga, Ontario

34 months ago

Hi Guys,

I am a BA and recently moved to Toronto. Looking for a project......

Pls include me in this group.

Dev in Mississauga, Ontario

34 months ago

Hi Guys,

I am a BA and recently moved to Toronto. Looking for a project......

Pls include me in this group.

Bhabtosh ojha in Mumbai, India

28 months ago

Request all to add me in your loop for getting all the necessary information i am going to face the interview on 7th Jan..

My email id is :bhabtoshojha@yahoo.com and bhabtosh.ojha@icicibank.com

Ray in Nottingham, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Good luck.

I have just graduated looking to pursue career in business analyst role. Currently I'm working in energy company as a administrator could any help requirements necessary for a analyst position

Thanks for looking

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.