Tips for CAD Drafter interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming CAD Drafter interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Prairieville, Louisiana

66 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming CAD Drafter interview?

Be confidant. #1 Rule.

Have a well-organized resume'. Highlight your strengths and prepare for unusual questions beforehand. I found that attending seminars or workshops on general employment skills very useful as this information evolves over time. Many of these classes are free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Prairieville, Louisiana

66 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming CAD Drafter interview?

many hiring managers are clueless about CAD, but in smaller firms, it may be the senior guy that hires you, so just be accurate about your abilities. Again, highlight your strengths. Adaptability is a biggie in today's market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chastua in Mount Dora, Florida

58 months ago

I once had an interviewer show me some drawings of wall sections and he then asked me how long it would take to do them. Don't fall for this. There is no way you can give an accurate number without knowing what their block library contains or what you can borrow from other projects. Its either a trick question or the interviewer doesn't know enough about cad to be interviewing. The longest you should wait in the lobby for an interview is 30 min. If you aren't seen by then, walk out the door. You don't want to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nate T in Manchester, New Hampshire

9 months ago

I'm going for a interview for a design Draftsman position on tuesday. I'm s recent college graduate and was wondering what types of questions would be good to ask the company in this type of field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.