CAD/Drafting Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Ham in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

I am a civil engineer, with bachelor degree, I am from Iraq, I got here about two month ago, I had been told that I cannot work as engineer unless I must have a license.
So I am looking for a CAD/Drafting Job, I have very good computer skills, and I can use many engineering software from Autodesk and STAAD.
My question is that From the moment I got here I had been applying for Drafting jobs that I know I am more than qualified for that required skills, but I never Get an answer from them, I don't know what is the Problem, Any advice? any Guidance will be highly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Ellicott City, Maryland

30 months ago

Ham in Houston, Texas said: I am a civil engineer , with bachelor degree, I am from Iraq , I got here about two month ago, I had been told that I cannot work as engineer unless I must have a license.
So I am looking for a CAD / Drafting Job, I have very good computer skills, and I can use many engineering software from Autodesk and STAAD.
My question is that From the moment I got here I had been applying for Drafting jobs that I know I am more than qualified for that required skills, but I never Get an answer from them, I don't know what is the Problem, Any advice? any Guidance will be highly appreciated.

Ham: Sorry you have difficulty finding a job. What is your immigration status? what type of engineering degree do you have?

Ham in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

Thanks for the answer, I am Permenent resident (green card holder), my degree is a bachelor of science in Building and Constructions Engineering (Mostly Structural Engineering, with some Civil), I don't know my degree is equivalent to what degree here in USA.

Ham in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

I am Permanent Resident (green card holder), my degree is a bachelor of science in Building and Constructions Engineering (Mostly Structural Engineering, with some Civil), I don't know my degree is equivalent to what degree here in USA.

Terry in Elkridge, Maryland

30 months ago

Ham in Houston, Texas said: I am Permanent Resident (green card holder), my degree is a bachelor of science in Building and Constructions Engineering (Mostly Structural Engineering, with some Civil), I don't know my degree is equivalent to what degree here in USA.

Call me when you get a chance at 4-1-0 3-4-0 3-2-6-0.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.