What do you enjoy most about your cad technician career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a cad technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

BRAD in Owings Mills, Maryland

64 months ago

HMM what Keeps me at my job? well to be honest it is hard tidious work. You never catch up and always are on a time crunch. But its rewarding that your actually busy and time flys through the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

evabarbara in Palm Harbor, Florida

35 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a cad technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I did work in engineering field for 30+ years. My company downsized in 2009 I'm early retired, but wish could work still in this profession.
CAD tech. job is very challenging, you work with high educated professionals; engineers, architects, surveyors, utility comp. representatives, inspectors..etc.
You have to update your skills on engineering software's constantly which I think is amazing to learn how technology makes computers/software to do every thing for you.
I did design highways, roadways with profiles, cross-sections, underground utilities, sewers, drainages, bridge details etc...jobs mostly done for DOT.
You can advance to senior CADD tech/ designer and later to leader of CADD department. You can teach intern engineers how to operate, draft and design on Microstation, Geopac, CutoCAD etc...go for it it's fun and interesting job. Good luck to you, Eva

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.