What are the best call center customer service representative qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a call center customer service representative? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective call center customer service representative?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Pearlie A. Jackson in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

I want to improve my skills. I want to be the best.
Thank you for your time and effort.
May the Lord bless you and your love ones.

Love in the Lord,
Pearlie A. Jackson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paula Parrish in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a call center customer service representative? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective call center customer service representative?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

I think in addition to training, You really have to be a people person as well as patieint, flexible and proffesional. Training may be based on the type of company; however computer based knowledge and company knowlded is certainely a plus.

Thank you
Paula Parrish

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

73 months ago

I presently recruit customer service representatives for several call centers in the US. I found that people with daily interaction with others can do well in this type of environment. Specifically, they have demonstrated ability to resolve problems/issues, are good listeners, ability to gather necessary information to make a sound decision, unwavering commitment. Paul is right when she says that you definitely need to be a people person. You cannot obtain these qualities in a book or training course. It's who are and how you react to others. Excellent computer skills is essential.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Waiting in Plymouth, Massachusetts

66 months ago

Look into ICMI they are a call center group that has online training. It also looks good on a resume to use some of the lingo. AHT = Average handle time , Occupancy = percentage of the day your are actually talking on the phone with customers, KPI = Key performance indicators in calls such as empathy, 1st call resolution, info confirmation. Good Luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jose in San Antonio, Texas

64 months ago

I want to know how to become a good
customer sevice repersentative
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.