why are some of the dead beats still working

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

j.antonopoulos@yahoo.com in Plainfield, Illinois

61 months ago

i am a union carpenter in the chicago area,i have been a foreman for the same company for the past seven years,and worked for them for 12 years,i have always been under budgeted hours by 15 to 35%.like most companies they are very slow.Going from 250 carpenters to 350 carpenters down to about 18.I got laided off.Why are some carpenters without the same track record and safety record still working! I have allways been a ass busting carpenter foreman.allways worked with the tools,unlike most others!I have been off for three months and i deserve a job.I am a very good mechanic if you now what i mean.{I should be working}I really do care about working hard,smart,and pride myself on the amount of money my company makes!I am ready to rock and roll!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BASSMAN in Jerseyville, Illinois

60 months ago

LIKE ALL ALL OF US JOURNEYMAN/FOREMAN WE ARE OUT OF LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BloTTo33 in Orland Park, Illinois

59 months ago

BASSMAN in Jerseyville, Illinois said: LIKE ALL ALL OF US JOURNEYMAN/FOREMAN WE ARE OUT OF LUCK

Employed by same small company for 14 years. Journeyman with that company for 10 years. I am very fast and also very good. Responsible husband and father of 2. In excellent shape. Laid off in August 2008 and have yet to hear from that company once in 14 months. Tried doing some work for myself but have a hard time workin for $15 per plus power tools, gas, insurance, etc.....(dont know which is worse scabs or firemen!!) Wife is workin thank God, I am one of the lucky ones. What happens when all those boys come back from Iraq and Afghanistan?? Thinkin about giving up my card and cashin in the retirement just to pay everything off. I am only 37 and dont know what to do. Now school is in and I am basically a soccer mom. HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Drew in Aurora, Illinois

57 months ago

I feel all your guys pain.. Been a foreman for my company and worked for them for 12 yrs.....I tried everywhere! Call about 30-40 companies a week. No luck. Been trying to get into Will Counties local cause they are busting arse out at MOBIL.

Like the previous guy said I already took my pension to pay my bills.

After doing this the last 15 yrs it is SOOO hard to find a job in any other feild cause EVERYONE wants experience.....

One other thing I worked down at McCormic Place for a week.... WHAT A JOKE. I NEVER SEEN SUCH LAZY PEOPLE AND WORKING. THEY LET ME GO CAUSE GUYS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT ME. I was just busting asss as normal while these guys were saying slow down.

What do we do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.