Union Journeyman Carpenter Looking for Work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 605)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California

76 months ago

I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (241) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Desperate in Staunton, Illinois

76 months ago

None in St Louis.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jim english in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

i am
union carpenter for 30 years and i have not worked in 5 months and i am looking for a job i have been a carpenter a carpenter foreman and a superintendent i am qualified in in all areas of construction I NEED A JOB PLEASE HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

bank robber soon in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

form carpenter for ten years. went through union apprenticeship to become journeyman. was a foreman for largo concrete inc. and mcclone construction. can do anything in concrete forming from footings,columns, walls, decks, beams, capitols, shoring, hanging forms, pick up and punchlist, form inspection, safety inspection,pre pour inspection qualified, accident free for ten years. looking for a home. please contact. folger@att.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

wisbon in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

union Carpenter with 16 Years Commerical experience Looking to Relocate to Bullhead City/Las Vegas Area Please E-mail with any Contacts to wisbon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LV Mike in Las Vegas, Nevada

67 months ago

Not Much in L.V. I hear there is a market for fixing up Repos. Don't know for sure. mike c.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Andris Sudrabs in Riga, Latvia

66 months ago

I'm from the Latvian republic. I sought work. I am a carpenter. I can make different kinds of furniture and stairs. I'm hearing impaired. My e mail scuder@inbox.lv

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

forcloser looming in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

66 months ago

wisconsin doesn't have anything either I've got 15 years in and tossed aside like junk. We have close to 1000 or so sitting on the bench with no help insight. thank you all mighty savior obama.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

machineguns

66 months ago

It is like I told my wife before we moved up here to start a new life with a baby in our mid 40's. This was before the bottom fell out of everything, not much sooner though. You either have a job and its a good one or you're walking the tightrope. This economy has made it clear to alot of folks, including myself that I've been walking a tightrope for the past 20 years being in the construction industry and never having been laid off. Well I'm 44, failing body...herniated discs and unemployed for 6 months and nothing insight that looks optimistic. My wife wants to move back to Va. Beach, VA. I'm afraid to death of going from bad to worse....at least my mortgage is in the low 400 dollar mark and only 15 years left of it. If we move to VA. Beach, it will be well over the 30K note I have now and 30 years at our ages? What the hell do we do.....I'm thinking that McDonalds is a better prospect than that?

blackriverrt3@gmail.com if you have an opinion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

1999 in Stillwater, Minnesota

66 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

HEY CHECK OUT THE JOHN JAMES AUDOBON BRIDGE PROJECT WITH FLATIRON IN NEW ROADS LA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

1999 in Stillwater, Minnesota

66 months ago

bank robber soon in Los Angeles, California said: form carpenter for ten years. went through union apprenticeship to become journeyman. was a foreman for largo concrete inc. and mcclone construction. can do anything in concrete forming from footings,columns, walls, decks, beams, capitols, shoring, hanging forms, pick up and punchlist, form inspection, safety inspection,pre pour inspection qualified, accident free for ten years. looking for a home. please contact. folger@att.net

CHECK OUT THE JOHN JAMES AUDOBON BRIDGE PROJECT WITH FLATIRON DOWN IN NEW ROADS LA,YOU CAN TYPE THE PROJECT IN OR FLATIRON CONSTRUCTION IN YOUR SEARCH & IT WILL COME UP.CONTACT MAN IS MICK AT THE BRIDGE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Pinellas Park, Florida

66 months ago

i wish you all luck , but if anyone knows a company looking for a bridge foreman 18 years exp , journeyman carpenter . all aspects of bridge work from driving piles to setting bidwell . let me know thanks jerry cook yourfriendjerry36@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew Smith in Aurora, Illinois

65 months ago

Looking for work in illinois, Can find anything Been Journeymen for 10 yrs After switching careers when I was thiry. Now seems like need to look for a new one again. Any info please email gixxer272@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

try walsh construction if ur a bridge carpenter , they also have building trades i know they have a office in chicago ill. they have a good guy working for them buy the name paul bitters , he honest and stright to the point

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

manwood in Indianapolis, Indiana said: if there is a carpenter job out there please e:mail me at williamwiley98@tahoo.com

try joe long local 758 i heard theres alot of bridge work in indy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

jerry cook in Pinellas Park, Florida said: try walsh construction if ur a bridge carpenter , they also have building trades i know they have a office in chicago ill. they have a good guy working for them buy the name paul bitters , he honest and stright to the point

Tried them several times...You would think with all the miles of highway they are building there would be alot of jobs from them....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

65 months ago

Fort Drum in NY is exploding with work. I'm from Va. Beach and have never see so much going on at one time in a 5 mile radius. I had to give up the union crap though as unemployment doesn't cover my needs for my family.........got no choice with a 2 year old to provide for, she comes before any UNION, especially since they can't provide me with a decent/acceptable living...6 months out of work left me no options and run out of insurance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Thanks JC I will try them in the am

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg journeyman carpenter in Hesperia, California

65 months ago

Hey does anyone know where any work is in southern california, been looking awhile now, every job I go to they say either they are not hiring, or it is finished already and it is on the out of work list! Please let me know if anyone has any leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Greg journeyman carpenter in Hesperia, California said: Hey does anyone know where any work is in southern california, been looking awhile now, every job I go to they say either they are not hiring, or it is finished already and it is on the out of work list! Please let me know if anyone has any leads.

try kiewit look em up on the computer kiewit .com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

this pres. isnt doing his job is he , we all new this was going to happen we need a diff pres

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

jerry cook in Pinellas Park, Florida said: this pres. isnt doing his job is he , we all new this was going to happen we need a diff pres

I don't believe either president is to blame here, we are all victim to the greed for a fast dollar and wanting more than we can afford...ie.....excessive credit card debt, new cars, more home than what your income should be able afford. It has destroyed our economy and its taking the working man with it quick!

Our grand parents didn't have new this and that, they lived by a budget for good reason. I am too guilty of this myself. We have become a spoiled country, we are all starting to pay the price to some extent......hopefully the big guns will feel some of the pain before its over!

I had no choice but to go elsewhere for work. Family first!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

murph in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

looking for formwork work around chicago,worked for walsh,mchugh tribco etc.laid off for 4 months looking everyday can anyone help please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

murph in Chicago, Illinois said: looking for formwork work around chicago,worked for walsh,mchugh tribco etc.laid off for 4 months looking everyday can anyone help please.

I'd take whatever you can get with the winter ahead, you'll not have a good quarter for claiming unemployment when the work thins out even moreso in November onward! Best of luck and think ahead!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

snakiz in Plainfield, Illinois

65 months ago

Im been a carpenter for 15 years including the apprenticeship through the Chicago Regionals and I was off last year for 7 months and the union hall came through last Aug and worked until Jan , but i have been off & months again and was wondering if anyone knows of any commercial projects going on ----metal stud , acostical ceilings, and drywall any help would be appreciate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

snakiz in Plainfield, Illinois

65 months ago

Im been a carpenter for 15 years including the apprenticeship through the Chicago Regionals and I was off last year for 7 months and the union hall came through last Aug and worked until Jan , but i have been off 7 months again and was wondering if anyone knows of any commercial projects going on ----metal stud , acoustical ceilings, and drywall any help would be appreciate sorry for errors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thomasvoisard in Muncie, Indiana

65 months ago

mbaileyone@msn.com in Spartanburg, South Carolina said: Right now we are having a hard time filling possitions in South Carolina, Were pulling guy's from Macon, Savahnna, & Atlanta to fill the in the gaps... Question is will it last ??? I was told last week the BA said there's another signatory contractor coming with two year of work ! ! Looking mighty Good, Praise the Lord...

I am thinking of moving to South Carolina. All I need is a job there. I'm a union carpenter. Have been for 15yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

papa in Toms River, New Jersey

65 months ago

no work here in n.j. but good luck i hate seeing all these good carpenters losing there health care , homes, ect... if you find any work please let me know, 15 years exp. will work for food... i dont drink or do drugs... reply here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johnny truesdell in Florida

64 months ago

Hey sorry if this isn't in the right place this is my first time trying to get my post in this list of discussions but maybe someone will read it that can help with info. I am a 51 year old welder,carpenter,pile driver. Im willing and able to travel would anyone know where there might be some bridge jobs going on? I have been in bridge construction over 10 years doing welding and pile driving and some carpentry but mostly welding and pile driving. I prefer welding but these days i'll pick up trash if they pay me enough lol. I live just south of jacksonville florida hope to stay in the southern states. if you know of anything & would send me a email as I'm liable to forget how to get back here (im not a computer person)thanks all to my wife im here now. Thanks for any info johnny johnny_truesdell@yahoo.com

edward palmer in Columbia City, Indiana

64 months ago

mbaileyone@msn.com in Spartanburg, South Carolina said: Right now we are having a hard time filling possitions in South Carolina, Were pulling guy's from Macon, Savahnna, & Atlanta to fill the in the gaps... Question is will it last ??? I was told last week the BA said there's another signatory contractor coming with two year of work ! ! Looking mighty Good, Praise the Lord...

me and my cousin[partner]are looking to travel and work for a year or so i am a journeyman carpenter versed in all phases of const. we both prefer form work as that is are forte cousin has been and still holds his superintendant card i have been his foreman or pusher several times mainly we prefer to be good indians thanks for any help,ed [e.palmer35@yahoo.com]

Dale in Trenton, Michigan

63 months ago

I'm a union journeyman carpenter in Michigan where 'any' woodworking jobs are non-existant and our local 687 commercial contractors out-of-work list is seemingly endless and cannot help find us any jobs but, still want our dues paid to keep thier paycheck coming in! I'm pro-union and do not want to become a scab but, the union is not helping it's members and my un-enjoyment bennies are close to coming to an end. If anyone has any knowledge of work and needs a highly skilled craftsman, please reply. I have over 25yrs exp in fabricating displays, custom exibits, high end museum structures,fixtures and interactive exhibits, finish work both commercial and residential, cabinets, custom mouldings and milling, Zoo exhibits and U.S. Fish & Wildlife visitor centers fabrication and installation. Country wide job site travel season'd veteran. Relocating is no problem when it comes to survival. Any help from anyone tuning in to this message would be great!

machineguns in Oswego, New York

63 months ago

I am new to the union and found myself, yet again unemployed in the 2 years I have been in my local, you are correct......the people in the hall, sleep well at night and never miss a paycheck, thanks to those that struggle to hang on and pay their dues. I had to get into my benefits package to keep my health insurance, other than that, the union on the business end sucks, its the workers that what should count. They should fill the halls with the unemployed on a rotational basis and the same with the guys trying to find us work, get rid of them and rotate unemployed brothers so it never becomes a who's your buddy gets a job like it seems to be now......my .02

I have over 24+ years of experience in strictly commercial and only 2 of it in the union. The union has its pro's, but the con's seem to be pretty heavy at times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

billyjohn in Howell, Michigan

63 months ago

Help finding jobs in the Michigan area. Government jobs and more.
www.thefreewarehouse.com/main/page_news_gallery_jobs.html

tkaddy48@aol.com

62 months ago

comerical carpenter from mi. looking for work 20years ex. can frame anything. acoustic ceilings, suspention work, radius work,stilt work

woody in La Crosse, Wisconsin

62 months ago

its tough out there got divorced about ready to lose the house ben a union member for 22 years structual concrete to sub structure on bridges to finish work been a wild ride but it seems like the partys over could use some work now

Josh Geiser in Plymouth, Michigan

62 months ago

i'm a journeyman carpenter. with the union for 10 years been laid off for 8 months looking for work in the metro detroit area! rough framing to finish carpentry.

RonB in Randallstown, Maryland

62 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

Brother it's everywhere... Scab workers and non americans are able to steal our jobs and work for less the half our wage... its a shame... and alot of the Union Brothers are back stabbing and not being real brothers to each other by sticking together here in Baltimore Maryland.. 37 year carpenter and my son is a 3 year carpenter same way.. laid off for non Union workers witch is wrong!!1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Damn right, I worked scab because my "UNION" doesn't provide adequate work to "PROVIDE" for my family. Instead, the buddy system keeps their friends employed while the rest suffer for it. Hows that a brotherhood?

I'll take the union pay when I can get it, but I won't hesitate to provide for my family given what I've been a party to in regards to maintaining employment due to favoritism. I did wait 6 months, its the last time I do that, I'll be honest about that...The union is not a "UNION"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

debertheletville in Arlington, Texas

62 months ago

mike c. in las vegas said: Texas maybe.

There is hardly anything here - I am in the DFW metroplex - got a week-long job then nothing. Was laid off from a year-long stint last November.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Its the man that struggles to keep his family fed and roof over their heads that deserves the NOBEL peace prize..........

What did he do that rated that? develop a vaccine, donate all his money to feed the children, he must have done something other than move into the white house..........but what was it that I missed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

Journeyman Carpenter...out of work for 9 months. Looking for work in Los Angeles area - Reliable transportation/truck - will travel anywhere.

Anybody know any company hiring?

Please contact me at nessa1_90732@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

richard in Winter Springs, Florida

62 months ago

forgot to leave my email its richard.hall57@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mitch davis in Saratoga Springs, New York

62 months ago

lots of work near albany ny.800 million computer chip plant going onAll union with tons of overtime

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mitch davis in Saratoga Springs, New York

62 months ago

they plan on having 1000 workers on this site within 3 more months.We are pouring 5000 yds a week now,crazy.Batch plant set up on site.rate is 26.56 hour for carpenters with 20 hrs ot a week.Local is 370 in Albany,ny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RonB in Randallstown, Maryland

61 months ago

Union 101 Baltimore is working.. alot out of work. but alot of new jobs starting up in Jan!! Stack Inc. is Hiring for Carps. But they wont be taken on till the 1st of the year stores start up jan 3rd or 4th. 2010. and Whiting and Turner is starting up in Jan also they are breaking ground on atleast 5 different buildings 2-5 year jobs. Keep you're Heads up Brothers and look for anything that anyone hands out.. the way i see it you have to take care of you're family befor you're pride.. I am looking everywhere I got Black Balled for Turning in a Drunk/Drug addicted Carp. that almost killed me in the truck and i have 2 young ones so i had to do what i had to do Brothers.he was Tied in with a High up Member in the Company. so they blacked balled me From Unemployment.. but i am doing everything i can to keep my kids with full belly's and warm things to wear... the Wife left because of these hard times so it's just a Single Father doing what he has to do for Carp. work..

GodBless Brothers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

richard in Winter Springs, Florida

61 months ago

thats kool you guys just have good jobs in the union an the union must be a good place to work. some one tell me how to get on with the union never tried.. im willing to relocte to any where at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stebz1 in Lakewood, California

61 months ago

Brothers,

Please do not contact this company!!!!

SCAM: Construction Management DB or www.corporateinvestigativeservices.com

They are posted on this site as well as others...
I got my email yesterday.

It seemed fishy so I googled them.

See: www.ytmag.com/ttalk/messages/761758.html

Steve
Looking for work in the Los Angeles, CA area
nessa1_90732@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ClickofLU650 in Ravenswood, West Virginia

61 months ago

Hmmm... Pennsylvania has been booming for a while.. so have some other areas. To the ones that have been laid off 6months+... get off your damn asses and travel to the work. That's what being in this business means..if you don't travel you won't work.

I just took a lay off, looking to travel somewhere south for the winter..but it seems it really is kind of slow there.

Anyways, best of luck.

troy96 in mokena, Illinois

60 months ago

im a 4th year apprentice. i have worked RES. and COMM. ive been laid of since feb. if anybody knows a company looking for an apprentice. please contact me at tweezy96@gmail.com Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sirfranky in Puyallup, Washington

60 months ago

What are the best spots in P.a. Pittsburgh or ?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.