Questions about case management

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

cbedell804 in Osseo, Michigan

58 months ago

I am researching information on case management for a Professional Writing class I am taking. I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me to assist me in writing this paper. I would greatly appreciate it. I need at least two people to reply, and if you could give me your Initials and credentials it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1.) How would you describe the culture (warm, friendly, more competitive and individualistic)?
2.) How are women treated in your field (are there double standards)?
3.) How much do you think this culture of your fild changes baased on the organization where you work (different settings)?
4.) Is the culture different in different ares within the same setting?
5.) What kinds of written communication are required as part of case management?
6.) Who is the audience receiving the documents and what format are they written in?
7.) What other kinds of interpersonal communication are an integral part of this job (instant messaging/email/ect.)?
8.) Do you give oral presentations?
9.) What kinds of skill do people need to be successful in this kind of interpersonal communication?
10.) What typical problems do new hires have with communication in this job, and how did you overcome these problems when you first started?
11.) What type of language is used in this career (For example, what technical terminology or key concepts are important)?
12.) Why are these concepts and terms important?
13.) What changes have you experienced in the culture and language use of this career?
14.) What future changes do you expect?

Thank you to anyone that could help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlawrence3@tampabay.rr.com in Largo, Florida

58 months ago

I would describe the culture as usually warm and friendly and it is more survivors mode in the current work setting. Most of the non profits are very negative toward the case managers its next mentality.
2. I did not see any double standards between the sexes but i have been doing dependency case management or diversion not medical
3. I think it changes a lot as some non profits are supportive the last one was whip them harder give them more work treat them like crap
4. not to my experience
5,Make sure you read all your emails, reports, data entry of all information is key, telephone, staffing forms doucmentation timely
6.Email is key, scanning is becoming important, instant messageing not so much have not seen this, texting in some cases i did not see much
7. Yes you give oral presentations on occasions when you go to court if your in the dependency arena and when your leading staffings. You may have to present if medical case management
You have to be skilled in patience, good listening skills, time management, flexibility,
10. what typical problems new hires have is they are trained on superficial stuff in training the real work starts on the job and most of the time their is not a good how to book it is ask questions and keep samples of approved work to use next time. How i over came it was ask questions and keep examples. Plus you have to maintain a good rolodex and contact information. New hires are always welcome and usually over loaded before they are ready for the responsibility try and partner up with a more experienced worked and make sure they have a good attitude the biggest burn out is when you get a group of new or older employees complaining poor me poor me they quit in groups.
Learn the jargon for the position your working in as they are important to understand the job. The terms are important to being successful on the job.
The changes i have expereience is not so much in the language it is from job to job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlawrence3@tampabay.rr.com in Largo, Florida

58 months ago

The changes that i have experienced have been primarily the current financial crisis around the country have made many employers view people as expendable and they have lost the try to maintain experienced worker for lets replace them the new ones are cheaper. That will change when some one gets sued or someone dies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cbedell804 in Osseo, Michigan

58 months ago

jlawrence3@tampabay.rr.com in Largo, Florida said: The changes that i have experienced have been primarily the current financial crisis around the country have made many employers view people as expendable and they have lost the try to maintain experienced worker for lets replace them the new ones are cheaper. That will change when some one gets sued or someone dies

Thank you very much for your help. If there is anything else you think will help me with my report, feel free to email me at cbedell804@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.