Getting a case manager job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing case manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Inez in Holyoke, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing case manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I started by applying for a HIV counselor job and then got cross train as a case manager. Some job do require that you have a a degree in soical case management or as a social worker. But there are other job who send you to get train for the position. Plus I had freind in the field who help me understand and get knowledge on become a case manager.I was one of the lucky one I guess.So it all depend who you are going to work for. Good luck. Hope this help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

G in Winston Salem, North Carolina

58 months ago

Jobs wont hire you because they say you have no experience.How do you get experience if they wont hire you in the first place even after being a volunteer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ba2kc in Brunswick, Georgia

41 months ago

I am interested in becoming a certified case manager. To find out if you are "eligible" to take the test cost $150 non-refundable. I have served as Case Manager in home health and hospice positions plus case managed in a rehab and subacute unit. Can any certified case managers give me their opinion if I am qualified to take the test? Please help. I can't afford to possibly lose $150 to find out if I can take the test or not. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.