Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are typical cashier salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Chaos in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

i have the same questions on my mind imma high school drop out and can we make this a life time carrer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chipperoo in Farmingdale, New Jersey

84 months ago

You can make it a life time career - my sister in law did - but you have to take care of your body. My SIL has very bad criculation in her legs from standing in one position for long periods at a time, and the carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists is so bad she can't lift her infant grandchildren. So be careful. It's a lot more wearing than it looks and repetitive stress injuries are not something you want to develop.

Chipperoo in Farmingdale, New Jersey

84 months ago

oops. I meant circulation, not criculation.

LOL, now you see what a lifetime spent in front of a computer screen does to your eyes :)

To increase your salary, learning a second language might help, depending on where you live. Or you might become an expert on the merchandise so that customers will trust you (and you'll be giving both yourself and your employer good PR). In some department stores there are also departments that have more prestige - high-end cosmetics, pharmacy. Try to get into one of those spots if you can.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.