Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical chef salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

cristian pedraza in Miami, Florida

86 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

r.scroggins2@my.twincitiesculinary.com in Flint, Michigan

68 months ago

I love to cook and right out school i had a good job but a hardship came into mylife and i had to move back to Michigan and believe what i say i cannot get a job at all I look everyday but bucause of my education most employeer's won't give me a job.
Starting out is good but if you don't stay with it you will lose out.

TX Yankee in Plano, Texas

66 months ago

This question is directed to R. Scroggins. I am passionate about cooking. I'm considering attending culinary school in Dallas to become a chef and work, as a chef, in Dallas. This will be a major career change for me so I'm doing some job market research before making this decision. Did you live in the Dallas area before moving back to MI? If so then how difficult was it to find a job as a chef in Dallas? Are you a professionally trained chef?

Mary in Taipei, Taiwan

66 months ago

I am travelling in Asia. It seems you can get a free 4-year degree here, with housing. It's taught in English & and they'll also teach you to read & write Chinese. It seems like this could really open up opportunities for you.

www.tealit.com/article.php?section=study&article=kainan-university-international-students
www.tealit.com/article_categories.php?section=study&article=taiwan-taoyuan-kainan-university

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.