Can I get started in adjusting this way?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

StephW in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

I have a question to pose to all of the experienced Cat Adjusters and I just want to let you all know up front that I am not a time waster, nor am I looking for a shortcut into the business that involves learning a limited amount of info so I can quickly get started. I know that a career in Cat Adjusting is something that I seriously want to do, and I am willing to put in the work to get there.

My question is: Is there a way to get started by processing Xactimate claims from my home for adjusters that are in the field? And if so, what do I need to do to get started?

Now let me explain. I have 3 children that are all under 3 years old right now, and a husband who works also. Daycare is not an option for me right now simply because it costs too much. I have heard of others doing processing work such as this and since Cat Adjusting is what I want to do but obligations are keeping me at home, I was wondering if this would be possible for me. Please give me honest answers no matter how much it will cost for training (and I hope to find a person willing to work with someone like me, who doesn't mind hard work and the right training to get started).

Also maybe you all know a better or different way for someone like myself to get started from home. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.