CRA course in australia?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Victor in Australia

73 months ago

hi all,
i am a Pharmacy graduate and soon will graduate as an RN.
i want to pursue career as CRA.
could anybody please tell me where can i find course for CRA in Australia.
i could only find online courses. r they any good?
will i be able to become CRA straight after complition of course or i will have to climb the lader up. if its a lader then whats the first step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

acrmd in Sydney, Australia

70 months ago

If you want to know more about clinical trials in Australia, check out www.AccessCR.com.au. Sometimes has jobs advertised, plus has lots more information. The Careers page has an RSS feed, so you can keep your eye out easily for when jobs pop up. The forum has some comments on CRA training, and getting a job here

It's good to do a course - eg Nucleus Network, ARCS - but don't assume it will get you a job just because you have training. The best way in is with persistance. Keep approaching companies you think might be employing, such as the CROs, research institutes. It took me 6 months of constant applications before someone took me on as an assistant (CTA) - the step before CRA.

You can also try and approach it by being a research nurse at a research site first. That experience can tend to be attractive to being employed as a CRA too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shravanb in Pune, India

64 months ago

hai Victor,

I am also an Pharmacy graduate from india. I too am interested in Clinical Research course in Australia. did you find any class room course there. please help me out. I have an IELTS band of 7.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Janelle in Sydney, Australia

64 months ago

Shravanb,
As suggested to Victor, have a look at the courses run by:
* ARCS.com.au
* nucleusnetwork.com.au

There are other providers as well, but these are probably the main two short courses.

If you want long courses, then check out postgraduate courses at the University of Melbourne and University of New South Wales, which both run more extended drug development and clinical research courses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shravanb in Pune, India

64 months ago

Dear Janelle,
Thank you soo much for all your quick response and the very kind help. I have gone through both the websites. but both the courses in website are short term courses. so can you please foreward me the links of postgraduate courses in Clinical research or Regulatory affairs from any of those Universities. you can also foreward to my personal mail id: shravanb84@yahoo.com

thanks a lot for the help you have done.
Shravanb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dr. hitesh in Sydney, Australia

62 months ago

i would like to join clinical research course. i am homoeopath.plz show me right course in sydney.
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richa in Pune, India

58 months ago

Hi! I am a post graduate in clinical research and have recently come to Australia. I applied to many companies but they have a negative response because I don't have any local experience. Can anybody suggest me any course that will give me some hands on local experience in clinical research and also will help me enter the clinical research Industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anupama in Kochi, India

57 months ago

dis forum is really good..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

karishma in Sydney, Australia

56 months ago

Dear Richa,
I've too come from India. I have experience in analytical research in India. I am also getting negative responses for jobs I have applied for. I am looking to enter into clinical research and am searching for courses. Have you been able to find any courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Roby in Gold Coast, Australia

56 months ago

Dear all readers

There are few cources whic hyou guys can looks for ,

in Uni of Melbourne and Sydney...specially for CR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

monika in New Delhi, India

38 months ago

hi Janella
i hve done masters in clinical research from India,could u plz sugesst me any long term course in Melbourne.
culd u plz mail me on monika2212@gmail.com
thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANIL in Sydney, Australia

33 months ago

HI , I M ANIL TOMAR FROM INDIA WITH B.PHARMACY . RIGHT NOW I M LIVING IN AUSTRALIA. KINDLY GUIDE ME FOR SHORT TERM COURSE IN CRA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

suba_vivek@rediffmail.com in Mumbai, India

25 months ago

Hi,
I am Subashini from Mumbai, India. My husband is M.Pharm (pharmacology) with atleast 8 years of experience in clinical research. We are planning to migrate to australia. Is it that he has to register to pharmacy council of australia and give some exams in order to get job. Kindly reply.

I am M.Sc. biochemistry with similar experience in quality assurance of bioequivalence studies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shimra in Perth, Australia

5 months ago

I don't think there are as many clinical research jobs in Australia as there are in India, but there are some post grad masters degrees at Sydney Uni for clinical research and clinical trials coordinator. One is aimed at doctors and maybe pharmacists, the other one is aimed at nurses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.