KRC International or MSU Program? Is there the possiblity of H1B visa sponsorship?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Peligrin in Fayetteville, North Carolina

54 months ago

Hello.

I am a US graduate nurse with RN,BSN,OCN with chemo experience.
I have been working on the medsurgical oncology floor for 2 and 1/2 years.
I had a chemical engineering background from South Korea, too.

I am looking for the pathway to become a CRA or a clinical trails coordinator.

I would like to take some online courses for CRA background. I learned KRC International program or certification program at MSU. Would you recommend this program if you have been finished the course?

I am currently on H1C visa, which will expire on June, 2011. Is the company sponsoring CRA for a H1B visa if the person is qualified?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

You don't need to take any sort of course to be a CRC when you have your RN, BSN and oncology experience.

There are many research centers hiring RNs with your experience as a CRC or Clinical Trial Assistant. I would just look up the regs online (21 CFR 11, 46, 50, 56, 312) for free and do your research so you know how to talk about issues during the interview.

Things you should be able to home study:
-Informed Consent, how to document
-What would you do if.....
-How to handle adverse and serious adverse events
-What an IRB is and what is does

There will be a lot of companys who are trying to make money off of you and will teach you the things that you can just read in the regulations you can get for free online. I've been in the industry for years and have never heard about any one who has taken any of these courses to get started. Once you get the job, then they'll pay for career advancement courses and certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland

54 months ago

Peligrin:
I took the MSU course and it was great. I was very happy with it and it gave me alot of confidence when I interviewed. Robert is right though, if you can self motivate and learn independently, you should be able to learn the language on your own. If you have questions I'm at temple_kc@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MargieC in Coral Gables, Florida

52 months ago

Pelegrin:
I can recommend the MSU course. I am taking it currently. I am a nurse also and it is really explaining some of the things I've been doing on my job. I never knew there were regulations around this stuff. My job makes alot more sense now. I hope it will open more opportunities within the hospital where I currently work, or at least help me get a raise. ANyway, the course is good - very organized and I'm getting nursing ceus, too.

CRACONNECTION in Ypsilanti, Michigan

52 months ago

kRC is a good one too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

concerned in Ruston, Louisiana

50 months ago

i mean CRA at KRC INTERNATIONAL

Carrie B. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

concerned,

you do not need to take any sort of course to become a CRC- u already have your BS and that's all you need. most places really prefer their CRCs are able to do nursing tasks, but i've met many coordinators who are not nurses. start applying for CRC, research assistant or other jbs in the industry and let them pay for ur training- there's no need to pay to take a course for no reason. every law, regulation and FDA guidance for research is posted for free on the FDA website- there's no secrets that u couldn't self-study..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

thanks for the advice but what about experience?

Carrie B. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

that's why you should search for a job- not for a school! you want real-world experience and you'll have to start somewhere to get it.

50 months ago

thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.