How to get CRA certificate?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 134)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Mavis in Ottawa, Ontario

94 months ago

Should I just take an online course or is there an exam for it? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

DWF in Michigan

94 months ago

To become certified through an organization, eg, ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) or SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) you must have clinical research experience. The experience can be either in a clinic setting as a Clinical Research Coordinator or some other clinic role, or working in the pharmaceutical industry. I have my experience working for a big pharma company for many years in roles in study management. It can be any role in clinical research as long as someone in HR or a manager will attest to your years of experience in writing. You must have this documentation to sit for their exams. I'm not sure how many years they require. You'll have to check their websites. You can also sit for the exam with a combination of education and fewer years of experience. This requires some type of formal educational training. Once you've provided all the documentation and paid the fee to take the exam, they'll send you 'study material.'

To get the formal training I mentioned, many Universities offer graduate certificates and masters programs in Clinical Research Administration. The certificates generally take about a year to complete. Many of these courses are now offered online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sf in MI in Toronto, Ontario

94 months ago

Why are u having trouble finding a job with so much experience, if that is all they require. Is it possible to get a job without certification and 2 years of experience as clinical research associate from India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

carol tietz in palatine, Illinois

94 months ago

I have seven years experience in clinical coordination. I have successfully completed over 80 research studies. I am looking to break into clinical monitoring for a change of pace. I don't mind traveling as long as it's not more than 75%. I am having trouble getting interviews as I have no experience in monitoring. It's frustrating when no one will give you training or the chance to get experience. I think after seven years I have a very strong basis of knowledge regarding clinical research. GCP, FDA regulations, etc. Any suggestions? I have no interest in signing a contract for years of service to a CRO who wants to send me to a training seesion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hareesh Reddy in Ypsilanti, Michigan

90 months ago

Hi.. This is Hareesh,,,
I am done with my B.Pharmacy....... And now am in MS Clinical Research Administration.....
What are my chances to get in to this clinical research jobs.... i mean the CRA's .......
Please help me..... in this regard,,......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clinical research professional in San Mateo, California

87 months ago

Hi I have more than 5 years of clinical research experience in India. To gain experience in an international platform I am planning to give ACRP exam in this sept. and i would like to know where can i get the study material. Hope if any one helps me in regarding this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

madrileño in Madrid, Spain

87 months ago

I´m studying this online course. I ve experience as GMP auditor, so sending this adittional informatio

Another opinion got from web site, as good Summary

I have read a few posts here about online ICH GCP training courses, especially mikemenb's on Kriger. I have also taken the Kriger CRA course and based on my experiences, I will give you the pros and cons, and I'll be fair.

Pros.
* Provides a lot of materials, definitions and sample documents (i.e. CRFs, SOPs, etc.)
* They do test you on the content (70% pass/fail line)
* They give you a pdf version of the GCP certificate when you finish
* There is both US FDA and Canadian TPD material
* Has a decent reputation overall, a friend of my took the course and got a job w/ a CRO, but she was just at the right place at the right time

Cons.
* Online materials have too many spelling and grammatical errors
* Some of the sessions seem out-dated
* There were some dead links
* Responses to every submitted question were replied with what seems to be pre-constructed responses, as though an automatically generated email is given when a Session's question is submitted
* The 4 projects do not give you practical experience
* Not all CROs or agencies recognize Kriger

Overall:
For the price they charge: approx. $1200-1900 USD, they should have someone full-time monitoring the responses and update the online materials. Their claims about ppl working w/in 2 months maybe misleading and out-dated, especially since on their own careers site, their posts ask only for CRAs with 2+ years exp. I can say the course is satisfactory, but not great, especially for the price they charge.

Check out other places, such as Humber College, which has the best reputation for getting ppl work, and it's a 1-yr f/t program. McMaster also has a decent program as well. I also found another online program the gov't endorses:
www.biotalent.ca/courses/courselist.asp?eventtype=1

So, I hope this helps, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

bgy in Troy, Michigan

86 months ago

HI
I did my Masters in Microbiology in India 10 years back Now I 'm in USA and I want to take AMT Medical technologist certificate.can any one of you tell me if I'm eligible for the exam as they are asking a degree in Medical Technology.does my Microbiology comes under Medical Technology program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Theo in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

So a CRA is a "guild" system for 3rd world science students? What a scam, nothing a CRA can do would be difficult for anyone with a masters (or Ph.D.) from an American University; its just a turf issue, like teaching public school (which CANNOT be done without a horrid Ed Degree)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon

83 months ago

Hello All,

My name is Gaurav and I will be completing my PhD in Pharmacology. I wanted to shift from basic research to clinical research and looking for clinical trials management/clincial research associate as one of the good options for me. Can anybody suggest me how can I enter into this industry considering the fact that I will be needing H1 visa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

K Legnola in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

In regards to Kriger - Was the CRA course helpful? Was the internship anything that gave you leverage into the industry? Considering taking the course and would appreciate any insight you might have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carl in San Francisco, California

83 months ago

I finished KRC CRA course 2 weeks ago. I'm applying as a CRC now, not as a CRA because it's hard to find a CRO that would take an entry level CRA. So far, I've only applied for 8 CRC positions, got a response from 3 of them, got a face to face interview with one of them... My chances of getting in are slim, in my opinion, but I'll keep applying and i'll post if something new comes up. My suggestion is don't get a CRA course from the internet just yet. It's not a guarantee to land a job that you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kavita misra in Newark, New Jersey

82 months ago

I am aware of some training opportunities available at well established hospitals and CRO's in New jersey area. Interested people, contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carl Soon in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

Kavita Misra,

Hi, I'm interested of training opportunities in New Jersey area. How can I contact you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kavita misra in Newark, New Jersey

82 months ago

Carl Soon in San Francisco, California said: Kavita Misra,

Hi, I'm interested of training opportunities in New Jersey area. How can I contact you?

email me at camanamisra@gmail.com

giri in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

clinical research professional in San Mateo, California said: Hi I have more than 5 years of clinical research experience in India. To gain experience in an international platform I am planning to give ACRP exam in this sept. and i would like to know where can i get the study material. Hope if any one helps me in regarding this.

Hi,

I am in same kind of situation. Please contact me at drgiri2k@gmail.com so that we can discuss further.

thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alcon Recruiter in Carrollton, Texas

82 months ago

DWF in Michigan said: I forgot to mention that neither being certified by an association nor obtaining a graduate certificate or masters degree will necessarily help with landing a CRA position. Most CROs and pharmas require direct field monitoring experience. I have 18 years in study management, a graduate certificate, and am certified by one of these organizations and I'm having trouble finding a CRA position. You need to find that one company that will give you a break or probably the best way is to work as an in-house CRA for a CRO.

If you are seeking a CRA position please contact the Alcon Ft. Worth R&D contract recruiter Charlotte Franks at Charlotte.franks@alconlabs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kandarp, CRA in Metuchen, New Jersey

82 months ago

Alcon Recruiter in Carrollton, Texas said: If you are seeking a CRA position please contact the Alcon Ft. Worth R&D contract recruiter Charlotte Franks at Charlotte.franks@alconlabs.com

Hi Charlotte,

I am an experienced CRA looking for contract CRA opportunities. Please let me know what kind of positions you have and I will be glad to forward my resume.

You can reach me via email at: kndrpmehta@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Kandarp

julie in Norcross, Georgia

82 months ago

n

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anand in New Castle, Delaware

81 months ago

Kavita misra in Newark, New Jersey said: I am aware of some training opportunities available at well established hospitals and CRO's in New jersey area. Interested people, contact me

Please let me know the details of any CRO or hospitals providing training for CRAs. I am about to finish my CRA course but looking for internships or entry level positions. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Neil in New Castle, Delaware

81 months ago

Michelle Santoro in Edison, New Jersey said: I attended the program that you are talking about at American Scitech and upon completion I recieved two job offers one from a CRO in pricenton NJ and one from American Scitech International their affilated CRO and I chose American Scitech International their affilated CRO. It is almost impossible to get a job without at least one year of practical experience and American Scitech Institute offers you the practical experience.

Interesting to know that you got a job through Scitech CRA school. Can you tell me how much was the course and their phone number and any tutors name etc. I would like to be in touch with them. Can I mention your name to them? How do you find your first job as CRA with them?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jennifer in Auckland, New Zealand

81 months ago

DWF in Michigan said: To become certified through an organization, eg, ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) or SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) you must have clinical research experience. The experience can be either in a clinic setting as a Clinical Research Coordinator or some other clinic role, or working in the pharmaceutical industry. I have my experience working for a big pharma company for many years in roles in study management. It can be any role in clinical research as long as someone in HR or a manager will attest to your years of experience in writing. You must have this documentation to sit for their exams. I'm not sure how many years they require. You'll have to check their websites. You can also sit for the exam with a combination of education and fewer years of experience. This requires some type of formal educational training. Once you've provided all the documentation and paid the fee to take the exam, they'll send you 'study material.'

To get the formal training I mentioned, many Universities offer graduate certificates and masters programs in Clinical Research Administration. The certificates generally take about a year to complete. Many of these courses are now offered online.

Hi, could you please advice which university provide such a online course in US?

Because I want to have some CRA experience at some stage in the future in US, so very keen to have a well-recogonized qualification in US.

Many thanks

Helen in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

American Scitech is misleading potential students.

1. The Clinical Research Associate (CRA) training program lacks structure and organization. There have been 4 classes and a syllabus summarizing the topics covered along with the course timeline has not been distributed to date.
2. Class instruction time is not as advertised. It either starts late or ends early or in some cases both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jijith in New York, New York

81 months ago

Hi Im pursuing my Masters in NYU.POLY Brooklyn and will graduate in Dec 2008. I am planning to take a CRA certificate course. Need all your valuable suggestions, please help me. Awaiting for the replies. Mail me @ jijithnambiar@gmail.com

Regards

Jijith

DWF in Michigan

81 months ago

Kendle has a CRA 1 training program.

DWF in Michigan

81 months ago

Jennifer in Auckland, New Zealand said: Hi, could you please advice which university provide such a online course in US?

Because I want to have some CRA experience at some stage in the future in US, so very keen to have a well-recogonized qualification in US.

Many thanks

Eastern Michigan has a program, but it's not online. You could do a search for online programs.

Matt in Vienna, Virginia

80 months ago

Hi,I'm actually a recruiter working currently on finding a few CRA's for a client in Annapolis, MD. If anybody viewing this is a CRA and you are looking for employment in the area feel free to submit your resume to matt@anchortechnical.com. I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with any CRA seeking employment in the area.

Jennifer Zhang in Auckland, New Zealand

80 months ago

Hi, Matt:
Are you looking for someone who is US resident only or overseas CRA?

I need a H1 visa to be able to work in US, but I am pretty qualified to take a CRA position (Bachelor's of Clinical Medicine, Master's of Public Health, 6 years of CRA working experience in Quintiles and Senior CRA in Wyeth. Currently, is working for a fast growing local pharmaceutical company in NZ for its first patent product which would have 10 billion sales annually if launched in US.)

Please let me know what you can help with my sistuation. E-mail: fang.fzha028@gmail.com

Thanks

Matt in Vienna, Virginia

80 months ago

Unfortunately I can only consider US citizens for this position because it is going to deal with government contracts. However, if you are interested, I encourage you to send me your resume for consideration of other CRA positions that I may come across. Thanks for the great feedback!

80 months ago

Thank you for your prompt reply. Do you think whether any recruiter or employer would be interested in me? I mean, comparing with the complicated application procedure for a H1 visa, they would give up and choose a local person even with less experience.

How difficult would it be to apply for H1 visa? Maybe I shall start as a student in US? I wouldn't mind to take some training courses or certification program as long as the tuition fee is reasonable.....

Matt in Vienna, Virginia

80 months ago

I can tell you that I have worked with H1 visas before and it really hit-or-miss, either a company is open to sponsoring an H1 or not. It is much easier to find a position if you have a green card, thats for sure. Coming the the US as a student first is a good idea if that is feasable.

Bow in Calgary, Alberta

80 months ago

Theo in Portland, Oregon said: So a CRA is a "guild" system for 3rd world science students? What a scam, nothing a CRA can do would be difficult for anyone with a masters (or Ph.D.) from an American University; its just a turf issue, like teaching public school (which CANNOT be done without a horrid Ed Degree)

Haha,,,I totally agree

80 months ago

Hi, Matt:
Thanks for the reply. In what kind of sistuation, do you think that a company is opening to sponsor a H1 visa?

If that is so difficult to get into US, I will give up. Because I have checked quite a lot universities, a clinical research degree or postgraduate certificate will cost me a fortune and they don't provide generous scholarship, simply because most of the students study it as a continued education while they are working at the same time.

I will send you an E-mail of my CV and the job description. I am pretty sure that I am very competitive but the visa......

Matt in Vienna, Virginia

80 months ago

Jennifer Zhang in Auckland, New Zealand said: Hi, Matt:
Thanks for the reply. In what kind of sistuation, do you think that a company is opening to sponsor a H1 visa?

If that is so difficult to get into US, I will give up. Because I have checked quite a lot universities, a clinical research degree or postgraduate certificate will cost me a fortune and they don't provide generous scholarship, simply because most of the students study it as a continued education while they are working at the same time.

I will send you an E-mail of my CV and the job description. I am pretty sure that I am very competitive but the visa......

I'm not sure how you go about getting the H1 visa, thats not really my field of expertise. I deal with some companies that are just willing to pay the money to sponsore an H1. Also there are companies called corp-to-corps that sponsor people with H1's and recruit them to companies.

Naren in Sheffield, United Kingdom

79 months ago

I got 2 yrs experience as a clinical research associate. Now I want to work in USA in a CRA or Clinical research co-ordinator position. Is there any companies who are ready to sponsor the H1 visa. If anybody know about it, could you please list the companies to my email: narandhar@gmail.com

Bhavin Bhavsar in Norwich, Connecticut

79 months ago

Matt in Vienna, Virginia said: Hi,I'm actually a recruiter working currently on finding a few CRA's for a client in Annapolis, MD. If anybody viewing this is a CRA and you are looking for employment in the area feel free to submit your resume to matt@anchortechnical.com. I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with any CRA seeking employment in the area.

hi matt,
i am a recent graduat student with M.S. Pharmacology/Toxicology from Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY. I am an international student but right now i am on OPT for a year but i can extend it to 2.5 years if the company approves it, but later would H1 sponsership. I have no experience with CRA or done any courses for CRA. So am i eligible for the job or i have to do the courses. Can you suggest me the places which gives CRA training?

Thank you for your help in advance
Bhavin

Bhavin Bhavsar in Norwich, Connecticut

79 months ago

Kavita misra in Newark, New Jersey said: I am aware of some training opportunities available at well established hospitals and CRO's in New jersey area. Interested people, contact me

hey kavita,
i am interested in training for CRA in the NJ OR NY OR MA OR CT area. can you please suggest me the names of the places through email. My email is bhavin39@gmail.com
Looking forward for your help

Thanks
Bhavin

Nauman in Richmond, Virginia

79 months ago

Hi Kavita , I am looking for training opportunities in NJ, Please let me know how to go about that. I am a International Medical Graduate, and I want to get into the clinical research field. I can be reached at docnauman@gmail.com. Thanks for your time.

jijith in Woodhaven, New York

79 months ago

Nauman in Richmond, Virginia said: Hi Kavita , I am looking for training opportunities in NJ, Please let me know how to go about that. I am a International Medical Graduate, and I want to get into the clinical research field. I can be reached at docnauman@gmail.com. Thanks for your time.

Hi kavita, can u please forward me the details my email Id- jijithnambiar@gmail.com

V.Mani in Voorhees, New Jersey

79 months ago

Hi Guys,

Some people claim that they There are some individuals who are trying to recruit people for CRA related courses by promising that they can help to get jobs. Be warned! They are only collecting your personal details for marketing purposes. Some Indians are cheating Indians in NJ, NY, NC,PH area by pretending like recruiters or helpers. Don't give your personal information or send resume to these people with out verifying their identity. Ask them if you could call them or visit them. They will never reply.

Mani in Moorestown, New Jersey

78 months ago

Why these fake recruiter uses her gmail and rediff mail? She has no official email for her recruiting business. What credentials she has? Why she is recruiting through forums like this? Can she supply her phone number and address so that people can contact her directly or have a face to face interview. I think this forum is being (ab)used by fake recruiters and fake course organisers. Why only Indians are doing this kind of things for their fellow Indians?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

troyg in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

i have been doing outreach and administering the GLOBAL ASSESMENT OF INDIVIDUAL NEEDS,GAIN, and i was wondering is there any positions in houston tx that i can apply for

xyz in Albany, New York

78 months ago

hi,
I AM DENTIST BY PROFESSION.I HAVE COMPLETED CRA TRAINING FROM INDIA AND I WAS WORKING AS PROTOCOL WRITER IN CRO.NOW I AM ON H4 VISA.I AM INTERESTED TO CONTINUE IN USA IN CLINICAL RESEARCH FIELD.HOW CAN I GO ABOUT THIS.WHAT TYPE OF VISA DO I REQUIRE TO WORK AS CRA/CRC/CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT/MEDICAL WRITER?
COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS

JRV in Oakland, California

77 months ago

Hi XYZ!

I am in the same shoes as you, in an H4 visa. Anyway, I have almost 4 yrs experience as CRA (in the Phils) before I transferred to California.

Hope there are people who can advice/help us on the best way to find companies who are willing to sponsor work visa. I have loved being a CRA thus continuing my career on this path is my goal.

Good luck to us XYZ!

suvarna in Union, New Jersey

77 months ago

xyz in Albany, New York said: hi,
I AM DENTIST BY PROFESSION.I HAVE COMPLETED CRA TRAINING FROM INDIA AND I WAS WORKING AS PROTOCOL WRITER IN CRO.NOW I AM ON H4 VISA.I AM INTERESTED TO CONTINUE IN USA IN CLINICAL RESEARCH FIELD.HOW CAN I GO ABOUT THIS.WHAT TYPE OF VISA DO I REQUIRE TO WORK AS CRA/CRC/CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT/MEDICAL WRITER?
COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS

HI,
I can understand your position because I am also in search of a company to sponsor me with H1 visa which is the work permit you need to be able to work in the USA. I have heard from my friends that american scitech research institute is so far the best to go with as it not only offers you with training, but will also gives you the internship required to get expirence in this field to explore jobs in the market. they also sponsor H1 visa and also have placement guarantees. the fees is a bit high but i guess that is the price you need to pay to be in a good position afterwards and so it is worth it.

I hope you all the best in the search.

xyz in Albany, New York

77 months ago

thank you

Mano in Princeton Junction, New Jersey

77 months ago

Hi Baby,
Don't rely on unrecognised training schools. No one knows what kind of certification they offer and who recognise them. Since CRA field is an unregulated field nowadays a lot of Desi companies are claiming they are the best. Very very .......................carefull with them. Spend your money and time in US wisely!

Uncle Mano

VAW in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

suvarna in Union, New Jersey said: HI,
I can understand your position because I am also in search of a company to sponsor me with H1 visa which is the work permit you need to be able to work in the USA. I have heard from my friends that american scitech research institute is so far the best to go with as it not only offers you with training, but will also gives you the internship required to get expirence in this field to explore jobs in the market. they also sponsor H1 visa and also have placement guarantees. the fees is a bit high but i guess that is the price you need to pay to be in a good position afterwards and so it is worth it.

I hope you all the best in the search.

Hi can you provide me more details about this Institute? Do you know anyone who has attended training at this Institute and got H1B sponsorship? Please let me know. Your help will be appreciated.

One more thing, have you ever heard about CRA institute which also provides such traing. I am planning to take online course there. but before that needs suggestions.
Thanks

Aditi in Piscataway, New Jersey

76 months ago

I am interested in training for CRA in the NJ/NY area. Can someone please suggest me the names of the places. My email is adtshah@gmail.com
Looking forward for your help

Thanks
Aditi

Aditi in Piscataway, New Jersey

76 months ago

Hi i am interested in CRO training, can you please provide me with details adtshah@gmail.com

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.