opportunities for a french CRA in US?

Comments (5)

celine tizon in Paris, France

58 months ago

Hello,

I'm french and I currently work in Paris as a CRA for a CRO.

I have two years of experience and I would like to know if it's possible for me to work (or an internship) in clinical research in US? And if it's possible, can you give some advices?

Thank you!

Carrie B. in Wilmington, North Carolina

58 months ago

Yes, especially with your bilingual skills. You can apply as a CRA- there is not reason to go back to the internship stage. Two years of monitoring experience is the desirable experience to begin a new job.

The company probably would not sponsor your visa because the market is saturated with laid-off CRAs who don't require that extra effort, but you could work regionally from your location in France or in another European country. Most will not cover the moving expenses.

I would start off by doing researching US CROs and applying through their corporate website.

celine tizon in Paris, France

58 months ago

Thank you for your answer Carrie,

I think I'm going to follow your advice. In a first time, I will take some english courses in any city of US, in order to improve my english level and to learn more about american lifestyle.

Kris in North Billerica, Massachusetts

55 months ago

It's always a challenge to find French speaking CRAs for sites in Quebec. I'm not sure if CRAs can easily cross the border to monitor, I know it used to be routine in the 90's. Also needed to validate translations for French Informed Consent Forms and other subject materials.In general, I think you would be a good asset to the industry in the US.

Harold in Gr├ęzieu-la-varenne, France

32 months ago

Hi Celine,

I was actually wondering if you have found any CRA position in the US since this post. I'm a French CRA and before becoming a CRA, I spent 2 years in the US (as a post doc fellow). i loved it there and now I just wish I could work again in the US.
Anyway, I just wanted to have your (or anybody's) feedback, if any :)

thanks!

celine tizon in Paris, France said: Hello,

I'm french and I currently work in Paris as a CRA for a CRO.

I have two years of experience and I would like to know if it's possible for me to work (or an internship ) in clinical research in US? And if it's possible, can you give some advices?

Thank you!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.