CRA institute-American Scitech Research Institute.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

ranasri in Plainsboro, New Jersey

50 months ago

Has anybody taken the Clinical Research Associate course at CRA institute-American Scitech Research Institute in Piscataway NJ? I was looking for information on the web about this institute and their internship program. I couldn't find much.

Any information that any of you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ansari in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I would not encourage people to seek training from programs like American Scitech. I've looked at the website and posting from some people who claim to represent the institution on this site and I don't know if I'd trust them with my education- even the website uses poor grammar, has typos and only has stock photos instead of actual pictures of the institution or the teachers! I get a very unprofessional 'vibe' with this place and I don't think it looks like a legitimate training organization.

ALL educational programs should either be given from an accredited institution or from a recognized professional agency in Clinical Research. Chances are if you can't use Federal Student Aid to pay for the course, it's not a real school. Often, these illegitimate organizations only offer "Certificates" and false promises of employment. Certificates do not hold value in this profession, so make sure that you can receive a degree (like an MS) after all your work. There are many good degree programs in clinical research, some are completely online, like the one from George Washington University.

There are only two recognized professional organizations: ACRP or SoCRA. These are the only organizations that can certify clinical research professionals and they provide the best networking possibilities. I found it very strange that the American Scitech website describes these organizations on their accreditation page, when these bodies do not perform any accreditations. Also, the sample training materials found on the website are NOT done by someone affiliated with the institution- the sample of their work was from LSU from way back in 2004. Very suspicious...

I would read the other forums on this site for a first hand experience, but from what I see on the website, this organization doesn't look trustworthy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

SC in Iselin, New Jersey

26 months ago

I've actually attended American Scitech and it was an absolutely waste of time. TOO much shady business going on there. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE. I didnt even get the opportunity to finish the program. They are one of the hugest scams you will ever come across. The teachers speak extremely poor english making them nearly impossible to understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.