Experience but No CRA Certification- Getting the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 213)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Mary in New York, New York

83 months ago

Hi I have 4 years experience in clinical research as a clinical research project coordinator/project mananger for a CRO. I am looking to advance my career and apply for CRA positions. Even though I have experienece I don't have a CRA certification. What are my chances of getting the position?
Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Wallingford, Connecticut

83 months ago

Hi Mary,

I may have some positions in your area you may be interested in. Please feel free to send an email to clinresearch95@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Julie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Priestly in Del Mar, California

81 months ago

Mary in New York, New York said: Hi I have 4 years experience in clinical research as a clinical research project coordinator/project mananger for a CRO. I am looking to advance my career and apply for CRA positions. Even though I have experienece I don't have a CRA certification. What are my chances of getting the position?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Mary,
Are you still interested in a career as a CRA? We have a company that is looking for the experience of 2-5 years of clinical monitoring experience as a CRA. It is homebased regional for the North East.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

matjan in Bridgeport, Connecticut

81 months ago

I am a Physician from a Europian Country. I live in Bridgeport CT since 2006. I have 25 year experience as a Physician. I worked 20 years in Hospital. I have worked 3 year as a consultant in a Pharmacutical Company, too. I published a Drug Handbook in 2005.
I am interested to work as a clinical research. Is anywere a course for that position? May I work in a such position directly, without course?

thank you

Matjan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

I have 3 years experience and manage 75 Drug protocols (No Device Studies), but do not have a BS. I am wanting to apply for a CRA position, is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sunterra onc

80 months ago

Loooking for a research coordinator in Sun City arizona.If interested e mail Igdor77@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr Hayat Ahmadzai in Toronto, Ontario

80 months ago

Hi Julie,

My name is Hayat M Ahmadzai and I am new comer to Toronto Canada. I have progressive experience of more than five year in Public health and practical experience in research of more than 3 years. I have joint publications, abstracts, posters and presentations in international conference on infectious diseases. Moreover, I studied M.Sc Epidemiology and Biostatistics but in last semester due to financial constraints, I dropped my degree. I am interested to know how I can find CRA Jobs in Toronto what are the minimum qualification required.

With regards

Hayat

Julie in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Hi Mary,

I may have some positions in your area you may be interested in. Please feel free to send an email to clinresearch95@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Julie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gangi kambham in Findlay, Ohio

80 months ago

nutan in Bangalore, India said: hi could anyone kindly suggest how is the CRA certifciation done.what is its relevance and how many years of experience do we need to take up the CRA certification course.I have a year and a half of experience as a CRA.Im located in india

send mw your details, i will see whether i can help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Hello-
I have been doing clinical research for the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for the past 3 years. I recruit patients for a low risk study and maintain an entire study site. I am interested in becoming a clinical monitor. Should I get CRA certification? am i even qualified? I've been doing a CRC job functions but would like to transition into CRA. Any help is wonderful. Thank you!
Smiles,
elizabeth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gehan in Arlington Heights, Illinois

80 months ago

Hi Julie

I am a experienced MD from Egypt my speciality is medical oncology/hematology.i have great experience for more than 10 yrs in medical oncology and during all these yrs i shared in many international clinical trials sponsored by European Organization of research and treatment of cancer (EORTC). So i have a vast experience in Clinical research from patient selection to end of the trial. Now i moved to USA? IL and i am looking for a job as clinical research in Oncology trials but i dont have an experience in Pharmacetuical industry, What can i do?? and i am sure that i can do a lot to any job because of my experience as a medical doctor and oncologist too
Thanks a lot
Gehan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

gangi kambham in Findlay, Ohio

80 months ago

give me your number, i will call you

Gehan in Arlington Heights, Illinois

80 months ago

sunterra onc said: Loooking for a research coordinator in Sun City arizona.If interested e mail Igdor77@aol.com

Is it still available?? can i know more about the job???

Ghada Ahmed in San Jose, California

80 months ago

Hello,

I am currently doing a CRA cetificate through Kriger Reseach Center @ www.kriger.com. I have a medical degree, passed USMLE step I and II (now invalid) and decided to venture into clinical reseach.
With no experience, what are the chances of securing a job as CRA, most openings require a minimum of 2 years industry experience? I am based in SF bayarea.

Thank you!

Ghada

80 months ago

Hi Bubba,
I am almost halfway through the course, I began last April...so I am really taking my time! A lot of reading and resaerch involved... I think that by the end of the program and after completing the assignments and projects, we would acquire a solid understanding of the field.
The instructors are helpful and answer quries quite promptly. I am enjoying the course so far! How about you?

Nigel in Mcdonough, Georgia

80 months ago

Julie in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Hi Mary,

Thank you!
Julie

Hi Julie, I have over 10 years experience in Acute, Long Term, Managed Care and Consulting. I alsa have a Masters in Project Management and would like to transition into Pharma/Bio tech. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the transition? Should I attain a CRA/CRC certificate?

80 months ago

Hi Bubba,
I didn't get that e-mail. When did you get and what's it about?

Ghada

80 months ago

Thanks so much Bubba for the info.
Ghada

Bubba in Rockford, Illinois

80 months ago

Hey Ghada,
You're welcome. You didn't have the info? Have you taken the Exam yet? Is it difficult? What kind of work did you do before going into CRA?

Bubba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hi Bubba,
I didn't take the exam yet, I'm at session 23 now. I think after being done with the 30 th session I'll give it a try (after a quick review of the pharmacology section which is not included in the exam).

I graduated medical school in Sudan.
What about you?

Ghada

80 months ago

Hi Bubba,
I'm sorry I didn't anwer your question, I haven't done any work before taking this course. I'm stay-at-home mom.

Ghada

79 months ago

Hi Ghada,

I did 15 years of human services around the medical field. I didn't know this option was available. It just seem to be you had to be a doctor or nurse and that not how I wanted to help people. The research is a better fit for me. Wish I had know about years ago. Take care.

Bubba

79 months ago

Hi Bubba,

From what I read this career path is very rewarding. The field is very diverse, people with different educational background and areas of expertise are venturing into clinical research.
I enjoyed my work as a doctor helping people and I hope to continue doing so in research.
Good luck with your course and the pmp exam. Best wishes,

Ghada

Char in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

I graduated 2 years ago with a BSc in Microbiology and since then I have worked in Qualtiy Assurance as a QA Compliance Associate at a pharmaceutical company. I would like to make the transition to clinical research, but have no experience and no certificate. I have printed off the ICH GCP guideline to gain a better understanding. Is there any way to get into the clinical research field without the certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Hello There! Do you have to have a degree in Pharmacology to be a CRA? What is needed to become one? Any help you could offer would be great. I do not have any clinical research experience. I do have a 4 year degree, and have worked for Aetna and Cigna, in Sales/Marketing.

Thanks!

Denise Camara in Montreal, Quebec

79 months ago

Hello, I have finished my certification at Kriger as a CRA (with the internship option), in December and also have a B.Sc in Biology. I have extended experience in recruitment (scientific recruitment) but no experience in the clinical field. I am a bit discourage to see that all positions ask for a minimum of 6 months experience in monitoring. Even though it's only been one month of job search, I am starting to look for internships in Canada or Europe to open up my chances but don't see much internships offered. I also speak fluently 4 languages (French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) and have double citizenship (Canadiand and Portuguese). I also have many years experience in a medical clinic, so medical terminology in not a problem for me. My question is, how does one get an entry leveled position in clinical research? what else can I do?

79 months ago

Denise Camara in Montreal, Quebec said: Hello, I have finished my certification at Kriger as a CRA (with the internship option), in December and also have a B.Sc in Biology. I have extended experience in recruitment (scientific recruitment) but no experience in the clinical field. I am a bit discourage to see that all positions ask for a minimum of 6 months experience in monitoring. Even though it's only been one month of job search, I am starting to look for internships in Canada or Europe to open up my chances but don't see much internships offered. I also speak fluently 4 languages (French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) and have double citizenship (Canadiand and Portuguese). I also have many years experience in a medical clinic, so medical terminology in not a problem for me. My question is, how does one get an entry leveled position in clinical research? what else can I do?

Hi Denise,
Why r u going into clinical research? Have u had a professional rewrite your resume? Here in the US you are in major DEMAND for the ability to speak 4 different language fluently. Did you know u could be making 3 times amount that a CRA makes. I think you need to consult with a professional about your skill sets.

Good Luck,
Bubba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nitin Bansal in Sydney, Australia

79 months ago

Hi Bubba,
Take a look at my portfolio plz.
I'm a BPharm, RPh & working as community pharmacist for last 2 yrs.
Have good knowledge of ICH-GCP & clinical trial processes.
I'm thinking to switch over to clinical research field as i feel there r more prospects in this career.
Wat r ur suggeastions ??

Thanks in advance..

79 months ago

Nitin Bansal in Sydney, Australia said: Hi Bubba,
Take a look at my portfolio plz.
I'm a BPharm, RPh & working as community pharmacist for last 2 yrs.
Have good knowledge of ICH-GCP & clinical trial processes.
I'm thinking to switch over to clinical research field as i feel there r more prospects in this career.
Wat r ur suggeastions ??

Thanks in advance..

Hi,
Not having enough details to respond in a better way please allow me to take a stab at this with what I have. ( I am not a recruiter just another CRA student)
1. A community pharmacist is a very good and fulfilling job, though the pay might not be what you need.
2. From all that I have read a CRA position has a broader pay scale through out the world.
3. Having a pharmaceutical background like you do can only enhance your possibilities. 4. Considering the cost for a CRA certificate I believe it will only help expand your horizons.
5. The biggest hurdle I have read about in the CRA field is gaining experience. With the years of pharmaceutical experience and dealing with the public as the 1st stop for drug interaction I personally believe that you would be snapped up in a flash if you choose to go that way.

I wish you the best of luck!!

Let me know

Bubba

79 months ago

I really like the science field, the work autonomy you get as a CRA and the medical aspect of the field. This is why i want to be a CRA but what are your suggestions? My cv as been seen by lots of recruiters and to their specifications, they tell me it is fine.
Thank you for your help.
Denise Camara

Simen in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

Hello Bubba and Ghada,

I am taking the same course as well at kriger and planning to write my exam soon. Did you guys take the exam yet? Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Simen

79 months ago

I did the exam at kriger this last december. I did it in 3 times, the first time 60%, the second 68% and the last one, 81%!. The first time I rushed to do it, but it was a bad idea. I would suggest to read very well the questions, sometimes the way they ask is not very well structured and one can get confused. Have a timer next to you as you have 10 minutes(I think) to answer the question. My suggestion, take your time and only answer when you are sure to have the right answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks Denise for your response. Are you sure you will get 10 min. for one question? Aren't you supposed to finish 100 questions in 3 hrs? Oh well. dont worry i will check it by myself.

Did you able yo find any job in clinical research?

Thanks again!

Simen

79 months ago

I believe it is either 5 or 10 minutes between questions. If you take your time, it is easy. No, I haven't found any jobs in clinical research yet. The timing is bad and the fact that I don't have any experience in the field doesn't help. I hope it's just a matter of time!
Good luck

79 months ago

Thank you for your help Denise.

I have finished my Masters (Plant physiology) last year and decided to go in clinical research field. I don't have any experience in this field like you. I am just hoping for the best and keep applying for the jobs. Let's see what happened next?

Good luck with your job hunt!

Simen

79 months ago

Simen in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello Bubba and Ghada,

I am taking the same course as well at kriger and planning to write my exam soon. Did you guys take the exam yet? Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Simen

Hi Simen,

I haven't taken the test so I can't give you any input. This was what I was told by Kriger;

All questions in the exam have been verified to ensure that only one answer is correct. If you feel there may be a discrepancy in any given question, please notify your online instructor by email. Indicate which exam you are writing, the question number and the reason why you feel the question and/or answer choices are in error.

You have a maximum of 15 Minutes per question on the exam.

No, the exam is not simple, but there are very important benefits to this:

1. Only sessions 1 through 30 are on the exam. The pharmacology sessions (31-49) and HIPAA (session 50) will not be on the exam.
2. There is no limit to the number of attempts.
3. We have determined that our graduates are learning so much by taking the exam a couple of times, their success rates with getting employed are higher than when we used the old automatic-answered exam.
4. This exam is not an obstacle on your way to graduation - it is an important educational tool.

Take the exam, and if you fail, don't be upset. Take it again until you pass.

I hope that helps,
Bubba

79 months ago

Denise Camara in Montreal, Quebec said: I really like the science field, the work autonomy you get as a CRA and the medical aspect of the field. This is why i want to be a CRA but what are your suggestions? My cv as been seen by lots of recruiters and to their specifications, they tell me it is fine.
Thank you for your help.
Denise Camara

Hi Denise,

I don't really have any suggetions except don't give up. An American saying "Good things come to thoses who wait."
Meaning that perseverance and patiences.

Keep your head up, Denise
Bubba

79 months ago

Thanks Bubba

79 months ago

Simen in Toronto, Ontario said: Thanks Bubba

Any time Simen. When you finish & get a job could you let me know the results? I would much appreciate it and I will do the same for you.

Bubba

79 months ago

Sure Bubba!!

Stay in touch!

Simen

Julia in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

Hi everyone,

I was just reading though this forum. I'm considering studying Clinical Research at Kriger, and I believe I read on their website that because they offer an internship, you can very easily land a job since you have experience from the internship. In that case, why is it so hard for everyone to find a job? Sorry if i'm being niave, but I assumed that the fact that there is an internship involved, it would be smooth sailing to get into the job market. If anyone has any comments, please write back.

Julia

David in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Julia in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone,

I was just reading though this forum. I'm considering studying Clinical Research at Kriger, and I believe I read on their website that because they offer an internship, you can very easily land a job since you have experience from the internship. In that case, why is it so hard for everyone to find a job? Sorry if i'm being niave, but I assumed that the fact that there is an internship involved, it would be smooth sailing to get into the job market. If anyone has any comments, please write back.

Julia

Most CRA positions I looked at require 1-2 years on-site monitoring experience, even for the "entry-level" (CRA I) positions. All positions I've seen also require a BA/BS, nursing preferred, or life sciences (I have a B.S. in Biological Sciences, myself). The internship is equivalent to 4 months (just like the training is equivalent to 2 months, even though it takes shorter/longer time depending on who's doing the training), and from what I can tell, completely online. I haven't actually gotten to the internship part of the program yet, so any Kriger graduates, please correct me if I'm wrong here. That's why I'm going for getting a job below the CRA after graduating from the Kriger program, and then work my way up.

By the way, I'm on Session 16 by now. How far are all the rest of you Kriger students? At the rate I'm going, I probably won't be starting the science/pharmacology part of the course (Sessions 31-49) until March. And I started the program at the tail-end of December.

79 months ago

I did the intership and believe me, I don't think it could count as work experience. It's more like the homeworks you do at the end of each chapters, except longer. One thing I didn't like about Kriger is that they dont give individual feedback, everything is an automatic reply and one never knows how well or bad we do. It's the same thing with the 'intership', you answer the questions and send it and you suspect you did well, cause no comments are given on your work. As for the amount of time it takes, in my case, I started in july and finished in December, working full time and 3 kids at home.
As for the experience needed, most companies seek monitoring experience, that's why it is so difficult to find a job in this field. The best way to find a job, in my opinion, is either to do an intership inside a pharmaceutical, wich I've been looking for but unfortunately, can't find any so far or by accepting a junior position in the clinical department and make your way up.

Julia in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

Thank you David and Denise for your replies.

I was just wondering... Once you've finished the Clinical Research Program, can you go on to get certified? In Toronto, I see a lot of job descriptions requiring a CCRA (Certified Clinical Research Associate). And if so, how do you go about getting certification? Is there an exam you have to take or what?

Thanks,

Julia

David in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Julia in Toronto, Ontario said: Thank you David and Denise for your replies.

I was just wondering... Once you've finished the Clinical Research Program, can you go on to get certified? In Toronto, I see a lot of job descriptions requiring a CCRA (Certified Clinical Research Associate). And if so, how do you go about getting certification? Is there an exam you have to take or what?

Thanks,

Julia

Certification? I've never heard of a certification requirement before. But if it's referring to certification from a group like the SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) or the ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals), then that'll require like 2 years' monitoring experience as well as taking a certification exam.

yusuf Ahmed in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Nancy Priestly in Del Mar, California said: Hello Mary,
Are you still interested in a career as a CRA? We have a company that is looking for the experience of 2-5 years of clinical monitoring experience as a CRA. It is homebased regional for the North East.

Hi Nancy,
are those experienced CRA positions, available in the south east area, if so please let me, i have more than 7 years in the field, also have MPH in Epidemiology and biostatistics.
thank you
yaxmed@yahoo.com

79 months ago

Hello Bubba and Denise,

I have a quick question, Do i need to submit the answer of Phramacology Program (session 31 to 49 and HIPPA session?

Simen

Anil More in London, United Kingdom

79 months ago

Hi I am one of the nurse and i am styding CRA at kriger.I have finished all sessions and projects.I have given exam once but could make62 % .Do u think it will appear on my certificate or in refference certificate.thank u.Awaiting reply.

Nellie in Utica, Michigan

79 months ago

I have a M.S. in Health Services Research and no medical/clinical background. I have worked in research projects in the past but not clinical ones. Do you think I can land a job as CRA (even a junior position will be fine for now)? I have read that most research insitutions require a science or RN degree but do you think they will consider me based on my educational and professional background?

Any comment will be helpful. Thank you.

diamond in Streamwood, Illinois

79 months ago

i have BS in Biology took the CRA class with Kriger i got an 85% at my first try of the exam and got certified, since ive been looking to get into clinical research but all effort proof abortive. any one please help on what to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

diamond in Streamwood, Illinois

79 months ago

Olufemi in Al Mijifa, Kuwait said: Hi Julie,

I am an entry level CCRA, I am based in kuwait. There are practically no active clinical trial work in the gulf area where I am. I would like to seek your assistance in securing opportunities in any parts of the world and especially, the USA,Canada and Europe.

Thank you
Olufemi

femi wassup. europe probably is ur best shot getting into one in the usa is hard. try uk or isreal. im just nt willing to go to no isreal bt since u in kuwait i guess u might give it a try.
...ola

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.