Which CROS's pay the best?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Matthew in Waxhaw, North Carolina

40 months ago

So which ones tend to pay the best and which one in your opinion has the best corporate ladder and room for promotions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Raymond in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

CROs do not pay the best. In order for experienced CRAs to maximize their earning potential, contracting is really the way to go. But with the extra money, you lose a lot of the security and consistency of a CRO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CRA in Fairfield, Connecticut

40 months ago

Agreed. CROs are generally known to pay less because they focus a good amount on training and re-training.

Matthew in Waxhaw, North Carolina

40 months ago

I am aware that many CRA's tend to consult independently, but how common is this in the industry and what is the average billing rate per hour? Thanks!

Mevana in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

Contracting is very common. I would say that 25% of all CRAs with more than 6 years monitoring experience do contracting. There are very few contracts for people with less than 5 years experience.

The rates vary very widely and everything is up for negotiation. The rate can be as low as $50 an hour to as much as $100 an hour. Keep in mind, some contracts do not cover your travel time ( which could be 8 hours each way with the way airlines are running these days). Also, it's important to remember that your job is never secure, so contracting is a bit of a risk.

Teetime

39 months ago

I got a call from a recruiter from PRA and they pay they were offering was quite low for senior CRAs.... About 10k less than i3, ppd or quintiles would pay.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.