Looking for entry level jobs in Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

CRA or CDM looking for JOB in Jersey City, New Jersey

35 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone guide me where to start the CRA career without the experience? just guidelines and book knowledge is not enough but if the entry level is there where to start it? i am tired of applying for jobs and ending not getting any......please any one can guide me? i have M.S. in biological science with 2 years of experience in working as research assistant in research lab.

thankyou
entry level trainer..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tally in Pacific Palisades, California

35 months ago

You will not get a CRA job without getting entry level work in clinical research. The bottom line is that there isn't enough entry level jobs like CTA, CRC, data and RA jobs out there for everyone that wants them. Also, the economy has prevented a lot ofthese people who have these entry level jobs from being promoted.

With the current stock market troubles, I wouldn't expect it to get better anytime soon.

The only thing I can suggest is to continue applying to these entry level jobs. Be willing to move. Also, I couldn't help notice that you are not a native English speaker... Maybe take more English classes- you cannot -absolutely CANNOT make those grammar mistakes when talking with employers. I'd take some classes to improve professional writing and grammar skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CRA or CDM looking for JOB in Jersey City, New Jersey

35 months ago

I fully agree with your respected good self. I have already started taking them and also try to improve it with reading loudly and listing the news too. I figured it out when I went for the first interview for my internship. I got the internship but I thought to improve it for better opportunity. So I have started working on it. Well thank you so much though, for the suggestion! 
Also I have some questions to get information about CDM – CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT
1. If I will go for CDM certification would it be find to start working as data coordinator first and then gain experience in the field for 6 months (or more) and then apply for Data manager post?
( I DO UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL NOT GET GOOD OPPORTUNITY IF I DONOT HAVE HEALTHY EXPERIENCE WITH PERFORMANCE )
2. I have M.S. in Biomedical sciences is that ok to enter in the field of clinical research as CDM?
3. What if I will jump in clinical SAS?
(I have got the idea that if I wanted to change my field has to do it now as I have time for it no later than this)
Would you please guide me further for the same? Because, I am planning to join CDM and Clinical SAS program accordingly.
My future goal is to work in any regulatory body or pharmaceutical company or hospitals. This allows me to stay with family and work. I don’t want to live away from family.

Tally

35 months ago

A masters degree does make you look a little overqualified (my guess is that it may hurt more than help in the USA at this point)

You'll need much more than 6 months work in the data field in order to be promoted to a management position. Yes, these jobs are stepping stones to others, but they must be taken seriously and you have to have a passion to do well there for the job itself- not because you are vying for promotion. If you are trueky interested in the field of data management, apply for jobs. Your employer will pay for your training and for your certification.

James in Federal Way, Washington

35 months ago

Tally - As far as entry level positions go - what about applying to entry level lab positions at these companies, such as "study technician" for Covance? Would it then be easy to switch over to entry level data or clinical positions such as CTA after a year or so?

I ask because I have a B.S. with lab experience, so I'm qualified for lab work only. I could either try to get an entry level lab job at a CRO and then switch, or spend 9 months getting a clinical trial management certificate at my university.

Pooja in Satellite Provider

32 months ago

I'm doing my B.SC.can u tell me what should i do to get entry in research field jobs?i dnt have any idea pls.give me some suggestions.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.