Masters in Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 328)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey

81 months ago

I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Thanks in advance for your support!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (216) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

nick patel in Somerset, New Jersey

81 months ago

hi Payal, i am looking for the CRA job, can u help me with that.
for M.S Clinical Research u can go for campbell uni in Nc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sindhu in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

81 months ago

hi
i completed my b.pharmacy,iam looking for a masters program in CRA ,i would like to know good schools in new jersy.thanku

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Albuquerque, New Mexico

80 months ago

nick patel in Somerset, New Jersey said: hi Payal, i am looking for the CRA job, can u help me with that.
for M.S Clinical Research u can go for campbell uni in Nc.

Nick - I think I could help with a CRA job. Send me an email with your phone number when you get a chance. Thanks Beth Beth@raycorecruiting.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Elaine in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

Hello Payal,
I graduated in September, 2007 from Duke University with a Master's in Clinical Research Management. The program was almost completely online, requiring only 2 days of on-campus classes. There was also the option of graduating with a certificate in Public Health Policy; however, the classes to satisfy requirements for the certificate were not offered online at that time. Hopefully, that has changed by now. I hope this helps.

Payal Thakkar in Edison, New Jersey said: Hi Nick,
do u have any monitoring experience?? what is your background? I would start looking at CRO companies (i.e., ICON, Convance, PPD and etc.). Try contracting first. CRA is a lot of traveling and they require to have some experience. I am a In-House CRA and i manage all the field/traveling/regional CRAs.

Again, post your resume everywhere first (i.e., monster, hotjobs, acrp, dia) and then go to each companies jobs to look for CRA position. Also contact bunch of recruiting companies (i.e., KForce, Smithhanley, Medfocus, INOclinical and etc). Hope this helps a lil. Let me know if u have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks and regards..

P.S - Thanks for the information abt University of NC but i need something here in NJ. If u find something local, please let me know.. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SR in Havertown, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Campbell University, NC is not a place to pursue MS CLINICAL RESEARCH. Their program & faculty is horrible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

VK in Roswell, Georgia

80 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Payal,

Have you checked out the on-line graduate programs at George Washington University (GWU)? They have an MSHS and MSN program in Clinical Research Administration that is . I am graduating this May 2008 in the MSN Clinical Research Administration Program. Initially I checked out online programs at Duke, Drexel, MGH, and the least expensive one was at GWU and I like the curriculum much better than any of the ones listed. Vanderbuilt has a new program but it's focus seems to be for hospital Nursing Research Managers and is not geared toward those who work in the industy. If you have a high undergraduate GPA you will be waived from having to take the GRE as well. Check it out, just google George Washington University Graduate Clinical Research Administration Program. Here is the link if you can't find it www.gwumc.edu/healthsci/programs/cra_ms/
Hope this has helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Minneapolis, Minnesota

79 months ago

VK -

You know, I got accepted into that program but deferred enrollment for a year because I am not sure I really need it. It seems like everyone wants into this field where I am considering a break from it. I don't know if I can handle being a monitor by day and studying the same thing at night. I might get loopy!

Do you think the program is worthwhile?

Thanks -

Kate

VK in Roswell, Georgia

79 months ago

Hi Kate:

Yes I think it is really worth it. I have grown tremendously in my leadership abilities. So from that standpoint I really think the course prepares you. I decided to take 1 class a semester because I have a full-time job and family. It has take me 4 years to complete it but at a turtles pace. I felt comfortable taking 1 class a semester because I wanted to do well in my classes to pass at the required minimum of B or above; although I know many who were able to take 2 classes a semester, have a family, and a full-time job.

Good luck with all you decide to do.
VK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

VK in Roswell, Georgia

79 months ago

Hi Kate:

I think it provided me with the leadership skills and some business skills but I think if you own your own business and are trying to expand your global reach I would probably check out an MBA like you stated. Good luck sounds like you have a great vision that is worth pursuing.

VK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Francesca Bertolini in Princeton, New Jersey

79 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Hi,

I have a pharmaceutical chemistry degree, and I would like to find a position or training or internship for few months in CRA. Could you give me some suggestions? I could be interested to work also without a real salary..only to approach to this kind of profession.

Thanks in avacne for your help!!!

Francesca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

V in Morrisville, North Carolina

79 months ago

Francesca,

Quintiles has summer internships posted at www.quintiles.com.

V

Francesca in Princeton, New Jersey

79 months ago

Hi V
thank you, but I am not able to find tyhe intersnhip in quintiles. And are that internship for undergraduates students?

Thanks

Fra

79 months ago

V could you please send me the direct link of the internship?

thank you very much!

Francescsa

79 months ago

Hi Payal,

I am looking for a position in CRA, do you know if in your company there are training or internship possibilities?I am avaialbe for a training for few months also with or without salary like a stage
.Please let me know if you are some suggestions

Thank you

Francesca

79 months ago

Fran:

Go to www.quintiles.com
Click on Careers at the bottom left
Click on "Find a job"
Click "Americas" and "USA"
Type in the Keyword Section "Summer Employment"

There are 8 summer employment internships listed for Kansas City, 2 in Atlanta, GA, 3 in Smyrna, GA, 1 in N.C. Research Triangle Park, and one in West Chester, NY.

Good Luck,
V.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SwissHam in Newark, Delaware

79 months ago

Hey everyone,
I have a question about obtaining your masters in clinical research... I have looked at both Drexel and George Washington for clinical research and those 2 seem to be the most recommended (and completely online) courses...
Tuition is a lot less for GWU ($534 per credit for GWU (comes out to about $21,000 in all) and $965 per credit for Drexel (comes out to about $36,000 in all))
It seems that GWU focuses a lot on the science, mathematics and leadership aspects of the clinical trial process, while Drexel focues on the science, math, law and business aspects.

In terms of long term goals, either program would really do it for me.

What I am really wondering is if anyone has completed either program (I saw VK's post above which is very helpful) and also if anyone feels that either university has a better reputation.

Thanks so much for all of your help!
Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I also know I know this sounds crazy, but does anyone feel the name of the program for GWU indicates it is more "Administrative"?

George Washington is Masters of Science in Health Science in Clinical Research Administration
Drexel is Masters of Science in Clinical Research Organization and Management.

I have always though of administration more along the lines of kind of secretary work... I started in a position that was adminstrative work (like a clinical trial assitant or clinical trial associate), and I had it referred to me as a "not real position" and yes it was directed to me... I guess it may just be me worrying that it will again seem like my work towards my degree is not "real" ... Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VK in Morrisville, North Carolina

79 months ago

Have no fears it certainly is not a "secretarial course". The masters program is truly masters level coursework and very rigorous. I would recommend you call the Drexel and GWU and speak to the Dean of each program. I know at GWU they are always very open to answering any question from anyone looking into enrolling.

It is an important decision and I'm sure you would receive great input from the Dean of each school.

Good luck,
VK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hi VK,

Thanks again for your inout on this - I really do appreciate it... How many classes did you have a semester? Also, on average, how many hours per week would you say you put in to your school work?

Thanks so much again!
Chris

VK in Morrisville, North Carolina

79 months ago

Chris:

The program is 36 semester hours, which is about average for all MS Clinical Research Administration programs. It's hard to say how many hours I spent because it really depended on the class. Research Methods I and II required many more hours for me, however it may not require as many hours for someone who understands statistics easily. The first 3 semesters there are a few classes with final exams but of course as the classes go along you only have papers to write. Mostly the time is used to read the literature that is assigned and to do the background literture research for your papers.

Hope that helps.

V

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MS graduate in Malden, Massachusetts

79 months ago

I got a MS in Clinical Investigation from the MGH Institute of Health Professions. It was a wonderful program, and the best part were the two internships that gave me the experience to break into the field as a CRA (for pharma). I know many of my CRA colleagues have advanced degrees so I am sure the MS will also help me in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jai in Montclair, New Jersey

78 months ago

hi
i am on h4 and i completed my b.pharmacy in 2006. i have 2 year experience of q.a. & production both,
i want to do any clinical course who give me certificate, and what is scope for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Jai:
Check out some of the certificate programs at the following universities that can be completed on-line: George Washington University, School of Medicine and Health Sciences; Drexel University; Duke University (I think); MGH (I think).

Good luck,
V

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rajalakshmi

78 months ago

hi
i am on h4 and i completed my MS(in India) in clinical research 2007. i have 2 year experience in clinical research field,
i want to do Masters in clinical research course,I am in Phoenix AZ.
Please let me know how will i go about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina

78 months ago

Raj:
Go to the George Washington University Website www.gwu.edu or Drexel University's website and apply for either one of the online MS programs in clinical research. It's all up to you bud to do the foot work and check out the requirements and complete the application process.

Good luck,
Unk

kam in Dover, Delaware

78 months ago

my niece is in u.s.a. on m1 visa, is studing for cra, but her college is shutting down in n.j. she needs to find the school in delaware for cra programe. please hlp me to find her new sschool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DR.SOUMYAJIT CHOUDHURY in Delhi, India

78 months ago

I AM A DOCTOR AND VERY KEEN TO PURSUE MS IN CLINICAL RESEARCH FROM A REPUTED US UNIVERSITY.CAN U PEOPLE HELP ME IN THIS REGARD.WHICH IS THE BEST US UNIVERSITY FOR MS IN CLINICAL RESEARCH?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lynette in Cary, North Carolina

77 months ago

I recently begin looking a the Clinical Research Administration degree offered at GWU but I noticed that Durham Tech, located right here in Durham, offers a certificate in Clinical Trails Research Associate. Is the the same thing? If so, it is a lot cheaper($42 per semester hour). I have my BS in Biology and recently started working in Clinical Data Management because the company would not hire me as a CRA. Would you suggest getting another BS of getting the certificate from a community college?? thanks for any help

Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina said: Raj:
Go to the George Washington University Website www.gwu.edu or Drexel University's website and apply for either one of the online MS programs in clinical research. It's all up to you bud to do the foot work and check out the requirements and complete the application process.

Good luck,
Unk

77 months ago

Hi V,

I recently begin looking a the Clinical Research Administration degree offered at GWU but I noticed that Durham Tech, located right here in Durham, offers a certificate in Clinical Trails Research Associate. Is the the same thing? If so, it is a lot cheaper($42 per semester hour). I have my BS in Biology and recently started working in Clinical Data Management because the company would not hire me as a CRA. Would you suggest getting another BS or getting the certificate from a community college?? thanks for any help

V in Morrisville, North Carolina said: Jai:
Check out some of the certificate programs at the following universities that can be completed on-line: George Washington University, School of Medicine and Health Sciences; Drexel University; Duke University (I think); MGH (I think).

Good luck,
V

hi in Bangalore, India

77 months ago

please look for the reference without reference it will be little bit difficult to get in...

Krystal in Cary, North Carolina

77 months ago

I am thinking of attending this University. I don't want to throw the money away. Why is it a horrible school?

krystal in Cary, North Carolina

77 months ago

Krystal in Cary, North Carolina said: I am thinking of attending this University. I don't want to throw the money away. Why is it a horrible school?

This was directed to the lady who said Cambpell was a bad school. They seemed very nice over the phone so far

77 months ago

Krystal in Cary, North Carolina said: I am thinking of attending this University. I don't want to throw the money away. Why is it a horrible school?

What school are you referring too? GWU or Durham Tech? When comparing Campbell and GWU, I think GWU would be the better choice because they have a while established program, and they offer all of they courses online. Campbell's program is fairly new and tuition for both these schools is about the same price. I am interested in Durham Tech because their tuition is only $42 per semester hour compared to $450+ for Campbell and GWU. Durham Tech has an informational session on May 22nd, that I may attend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystal in Raleigh, North Carolina

77 months ago

Thanks for that. I was referring to someones comment who said Campbell is a horrible school. That scares me when I'm about to invest over 20k in loans there. I am just looking to land a good career with promises to be rewarding in some aspect. I have a BS in Exercise Science so I can use a lot of that knowledge to apply, but I can't seem to get even an interview with a company without experience or schooling. I am willing to do the works and take the steps necessary to make it. Just don't know where to go. Thanks again!

77 months ago

Do you have any clinical experience? If not, try applying to data entry positions at companies such as PPD and Quintiles. I applied to a position in November but was not called in to an interview until March of the next year and fortunately enough I was hired. I applied to several CRA positions but ended up landing a job in Data Management(entry). It's alright and I am learning a lot about the field. It is very competitive and most of the CRA's that I have meet are nurses or have transfered from another department, within the company. Be persistant, I applied to 100's of positions(honestly), and interviewed with several companies before finally landing this job but it is all worth it, now. Also, try Duke Medical Center, they have a lot of positions there, I interviewed with them twice too and the interview was a lot easier then my present company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystal in Raleigh, North Carolina

77 months ago

Thanks for that! I don't have any background in Clinical Research. It is something I can apply my undergrad knowledge in Physiology and Chemistry.... in. I know I'll have to start entry level, but I would work so hard to move up. It's just getting in that is so hard. That's why I thought going to Campbell could help with connections. I just need to be given a chance. I'll keep applying. Thanks so much for the input!

Pravin in Raleigh, North Carolina

77 months ago

I am holding BS degree and looking forward for CRA career.
I am thinking either of following courses. Can somebody suggest if thats good ?
www.krigerinternational.com/en/?INT and www.cra-training.com/fundamentals/default.asp Does UNC offer this course ?

77 months ago

Duke University has a Master of Health Sciences in Clinical Leadership Program for $39,000. Campbell University has the same program and they also offer a BS. George Washington University in Washington DC has the same program but it is all offered online for $475 per semester hour. On the other hand, Durham Tech offers a Clinical Laboratory Research Administration Certificate for only $42 per hour, and it includes 2 semesters of rotations with a local company. Being a graduate of NC State and George Washington University, I would honestly suggest at least looking into Durham Tech program because it is inexpensive and it allows you to get you foot in the door with this local companies. There is an information session on 22May2008 at Durham tech. I currently work in clinical data management for pharmaceutical company on RTP. I applied for a CRA position with them several times over a year and was only offered a phone interview. They are mostly only hiring RN's now unless you have previous experience with the company, such as in data management department. So I applied for a data management position and got it and now I am trying to work my way up; trust me it is hard getting in the door but once your in the possibilities are limitless.

77 months ago

Hi,
since you are already working in a company I would like to know if in your company for example it could be the opportunity to participate in a training or internship (no payed also)in clinical research field lo learn the necessary skills to become a CRA. Please let me know your opinion and suggestions!!
Thank you
Francesca

Bridgewater, MS, MA in Arlington, Virginia

77 months ago

Can anyone articulately & competently address whether graduate degrees in Clinical Research Administration have any value in the real world job market? 90% of the time when I've seen actual postings for work in the industry, the requirements typically stipulate having some clinical or nursing background OR having prior CRA work experience. So, how EXACTLY is the CRA graduate degree going to help you obtain work if you're not already coming from a clinical background?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

irene bediako-amoa in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

77 months ago

hello does your company Merck has entry level jobs becos i am looking for a job as a CRA. Can you please help me

irene

SOUMYAJIT in Delhi, India

77 months ago

THANX.... BUT I WOULD WHICH IS BEST NIVERSITY IN US OFFERING MS IN CLINICAL RESEARCH... I M FRESHER..SO WILL THEY ALLOW ME TO PUSUE A COURSE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

monica in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

I am BAMS from India and rt now i m on h4 i want to pursue certificate course in clinical research conduct n mangement from berkley extenstion can any body plz suggest me if i can get job here on the basis of this .is this the rt step ?
or shall i pursue ms in biotechnology plz guide me

Alam in Toronto, Ontario

76 months ago

monica in San Francisco, California said: I am BAMS from India and rt now i m on h4 i want to pursue certificate course in clinical research conduct n mangement from berkley extenstion can any body plz suggest me if i can get job here on the basis of this .is this the rt step ?
or shall i pursue ms in biotechnology plz guide me

no matter what you do, dont do a ms in biotechnology, its worth nothing unless you want to spend your life in a lab. i learned it the hard way.

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota

76 months ago

Hi !
I have Phd in NeuroScience and wanted to pursue CRA career. I was wondering if CRA certification course can get me an industry job or MS in CR is a requirement.
Also, I am on H4 so with current H1 visa issues I wanted to ensure that the course that I will be doing is also providing me with CPT or OPT.
Does anybody have any information for CPT/OPT for online certification courses or even for online MS in CR ?

Appreciate any response,
Thanks Archana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shazia azizuddin in edison, New Jersey

76 months ago

hello

trying to find a way into the clinical research industry ..but everyone wants experience. ..does anyone know where to start and also the names of any recruitment agencies... any info would be a great help

Michelle Santoro in Edison, New Jersey

76 months ago

sindhu in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey said: hi
i completed my b.pharmacy,iam looking for a masters program in CRA ,i would like to know good schools in new jersy.thanku

I am currently working at a CRO in Piscataway, NJ. Attached to the CRO is an Institute where I began as a student 3 months ago. The school is called American Scitech Institute. Its a very thorough educational program. The classroom training is 6 months in duration upon completion you will be CRA certified and have the option to participate in a paid internship. Once you have completed the internship you can either be hired directly by American Sci Tech International or we can place you. If you work hard, communicate well and pick up the information quickly you can be hired quicker. I was in the same position many science majors are in 3 months ago and the school has provided me with numerous opportunites. I hope this helps. If you would like to talk to me directly please feel free to call me at 201-709-7077 or email me at michelle_santoro@yahoo.com.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

suneetha kambampati in Corona, New York

76 months ago

Hi iynette,
im presently doing my Masters in biotechnology at new york..i will complete my degree requirements by next december...iam trying hard for the jobs in pharmaceutical company(as i have BS degree in pharmacy) and also in biotechnology company...but due to lack of experience didn't even get any response from the companies...dats why thinking about the CRA positions...can you plzz help me with this?because i have to do online course and also the time is also less (by december 2008)...do u know any institutes offering the accelerated programme for this with an internship also...u r now in a top company right..keeping the CRA aside can u gimme any suggestions for finding an appropriate job with my BS(PHARMACY) and MS (biotech)itself and i posted my resume in evrysite..i lost my patience really ..am i going in a correct direction or not..imp thing is im an international student also needs h1 sponsering...plz do suggest me anything...

suneetha in queens, New York

76 months ago

Hi iynette,
im presently doing my Masters in biotechnology at new york..i will complete my degree requirements by next december...iam trying hard for the jobs in pharmaceutical company(as i have BS degree in pharmacy) and also in biotechnology company...but due to lack of experience didn't even get any response from the companies...dats why thinking about the CRA positions...can you plzz help me with this?because i have to do online course and also the time is also less (by december 2008)...do u know any institutes offering the accelerated programme for this with an internship also...u r now in a top company right..keeping the CRA aside can u gimme any suggestions for finding an appropriate job with my BS(PHARMACY) and MS (biotech)itself and i posted my resume in evrysite..i lost my patience really ..am i going in a correct direction or not..imp thing is im an international student also needs h1 sponsering...plz do suggest me anything...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.