Is experience reallly necessary for an entry level position at a CRO?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

NonD24 in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Just wondering what my odds are of getting my foot in the door with an entry level position such as Trial Master File Coordinator if I have no experience and just a BS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Burned out CRA in Spokane, Washington

80 months ago

If you want to become a Trial Master File Coordinator then read and know Section 8 of the Good Clinical Practices (GCP). As a Trial Master File Coordinator you will be maintaining the in-house "Master" regulatory documents (essential documents)file on each investigational site and for the study. Know what each essential document is - like the FDA Form-1572. You should be able to educate yourself online by researching the information provided in Section 8 of the GCPs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

I think that this a a great way to get started in the field. As burned out CRA has already stated, all the things you need to know to impress at the interview can be found for free online and the ICH guidelines are very readable.

As a Trial Master File Coordinator, you'll do a lot of 'office work' but you'll also do regular audits, evaluate the quality of trial documents and ensure the file is complete. It's a very important job and a great way to get started in the field.

narico in Saint Augustine, Florida

29 months ago

I have an Associates degree in Nursing from NY, but have 36 years nursing experience. What would I have to do to be a CRA or CRO?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.