Travel Expenses for CRA

Comments (6)

Star in Toronto, Ontario

78 months ago

Hello Everyone,

Starting another discussion. I am really interested to know what other CRA's out there are allowed to spend on food, hotel, etc on their monitoring visits. I've got $50 a day on meals and the rest is booked by internal travel agent. I find it really hard in some cities to survive on this! Would love to hear your tales! Thanks :-)

QBee in Newark, California

78 months ago

I am a CRA for a small biotech and we do not have any limits for meals, although, if I spent $200 for dinner, my boss might ask me what the heck I had?! In general, the "standard" industry rates are $25 for breakfast, $50 for lunch and $75 for dinner. I usually spend a lot less and considering I skip lunch almost regularly, I never go over that budget.

Star in Toronto, Ontario

78 months ago

Hey QBee,

Thanks for your input! Do you travel mostly in CA? I have heard the cost of living is much higher in CA, but that salaries and expense accounts are higher to too.

Thanks!
Star

rwf in San Mateo, California

77 months ago

QBee in Newark, California said: I am a CRA for a small biotech and we do not have any limits for meals, although, if I spent $200 for dinner, my boss might ask me what the heck I had?! In general, the "standard" industry rates are $25 for breakfast, $50 for lunch and $75 for dinner. I usually spend a lot less and considering I skip lunch almost regularly, I never go over that budget.

I've never heard of $150.00 per day allowance for meals, let alone an unlimited travel budget (unless you're the president of the company). $50.00 to $75.00 per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is much more common throughout the industry. Your situation is truly unique if you don't own the company.

Ant in Stuart, Florida

48 months ago

I would like to read the travel police for CRA.

Someone have this police.

Thanks

Tammy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

I've worked in two systems:
1. Where they give you a set amount up front and you can spend that $ however you want. Typically, they will give you $50 a day. If you pick hotels with free breakfast you can pocket a little extra every travel day.
2. Where you are allowed to charge up to a certain amount every day on the corporate card. They will allow you to spend up to $70 a day, but if you don't use it, you lose it.

Ant, I guarantee no one will violate copyright and share proprietary travel policies.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.