Clinical Research Associate Seminar on Saturday

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Mike Raleigh in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Sounds interesting, just looked at the site.. What CRO's are affiliated with the program besides American SciTech?

How often do the 6 month certificate programs start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sairama Dave in Metuchen, New Jersey

75 months ago

Mike Raleigh in Dallas, Texas said: Sounds interesting, just looked at the site.. What CRO's are affiliated with the program besides American SciTech?

How often do the 6 month certificate programs start?

CRA Institute is a part of their own CRO, they hire their own graduates. There is no need to be affiliated with any other CRO. They are self sufficient in training and hiring their own students. This is the only place where paid internship is offered with real time job experience.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

How many people are in these classes? What do you do as an intern during those 6 months? And what is the % travel when you finish the internship?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sairama Dave in Metuchen, New Jersey

75 months ago

Mike Raleigh in Dallas, Texas said: How many people are in these classes? What do you do as an intern during those 6 months? And what is the % travel when you finish the internship?

Hello there!
Good question,
There are 5 to 8 students in each batch and we run five batches simultaneously. We keep the batchs small so that each student can get close attention.
During 6 months of internship they work as a in-house CRA; they help writing and submitting protocols to FDA. CRAs also design Case report forms and Informed consent forms under the guidence of study director. They visit sites with the senior CRAs in the begining and thereafter by themselves.
We conduct Phase I trials which is basically done in the hospitals, because continuos medical monitoring is required. These CRAs work in 8hours shifts with CRC and Investigators.
The biggest advantage is that you get paid in internship period; you work as a real team member and you have to fulfil the resposibility of a well trained CRA.

This is just Icing on the cake!

75 months ago

Sairama Dave in Metuchen, New Jersey said: Hello there!
Good question,
There are 5 to 8 students in each batch and we run five batches simultaneously. We keep the batchs small so that each student can get close attention.
During 6 months of internship they work as a in-house CRA; they help writing and submitting protocols to FDA. CRAs also design Case report forms and Informed consent forms under the guidence of study director. They visit sites with the senior CRAs in the begining and thereafter by themselves.
We conduct Phase I trials which is basically done in the hospitals, because continuos medical monitoring is required. These CRAs work in 8hours shifts with CRC and Investigators.
The biggest advantage is that you get paid in internship period; you work as a real team member and you have to fulfil the resposibility of a well trained CRA.

This is just Icing on the cake!

So what you just described is the internship? Once those 6 months are up, are you guaranteed a job offer with the CRO? What is the percentage of travel as a CRA with American Scitech?

s.dave in Edison, New Jersey

75 months ago

Mike Raleigh in Dallas, Texas said: So what you just described is the internship? Once those 6 months are up, are you guaranteed a job offer with the CRO? What is the percentage of travel as a CRA with American Scitech?

It is totally upto you whether or not you want to work with AmericanScitech after finishing the internship. If you decided to stay you will be hired at the prevailing market rates or if you want to explore the open market you can do so because you have one year of experience as a CRA.
American Scitech focuses on Phase I clinical trials which are conducted in the local hospials so the traveling is not much if you are working on Phase one but if you are on the phase II & III projects then it 50 -60 % traveling is involved.

tamara wilson in South Plainfield, New Jersey

75 months ago

I am seriously thinking to joint this but I am high school I wonder if i can do this course or not?

S.Dave in Metuchen, New Jersey

74 months ago

tamara wilson in South Plainfield, New Jersey said: I am seriously thinking to joint this but I am high school I wonder if i can do this course or not?

You have one year to complete any associate course; either online or on compus because you will be coming only for two days in a week and that to on week ends.
You will be doing internship after finishing the course but not as a CRA one step down, as a clinical research technician. The stipend during the internship will be a little less;$25,000/year. All this depends upon your progress in the class.
You have to meet with the student counceler personally because selection process is more than just the educational background;such as computer skills, good communication and interpersonal/ social skills,attitude towards learning or training.

Helen in Clementon, New Jersey

74 months ago

What are the reviews of the people that have completed the program like? What are the precentage of people that complete the program and get job placement?

GreyWall in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

American Scitech is the biggest fraud
they charge u $4595.00 for a 6 mo th training that takes more thN 8 months to complete with 15 exams that take 4 hours each. and Then they give you a 400/ month internship pay.meanwhile you work as an instructor to other students. You grade exam papers.
The certificate is given to those who can survive the 6 month internship. The pay is given once a month and that too they give late. It's all cash. No references are given. No actuall experience you can put on your resume.
No protocols have ever begun. No pharma company had contracted them. Ever!!!!

GreyWall in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

They have around 30 students a year.
Go look at their office and tell me if even 20 can work there

PANYA in Lodi, New Jersey

53 months ago

you're right Grey Wall
they're the biggest frauds in the CRA bizz.
i was an employee there and they offered me $400.00 /month
they make you clean the desks and make coffee... for 6 months
you dont do it then your certificate never gets issued
the exams are so hard that you will never pass... or never get an 85% or above unless you cheat which is what you have to resort to when the instructors dont know what the question is asking.
the internship paper says you're willing to do it either paid or unpaid
and that's where tehy get you.

Patricia

53 months ago

What a Shame.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.