Clinical Recruiter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

sam in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

Miguel Ramirez_AEROTEK SCIENTIFIC in jersey city, New Jersey said: Hello,
I am a recruiter for AEROTEK, the largest privately held staffing agency in the world. AEROTEK has over 250 offices in the US and are now going live in Canada on July 28th! I focus on Clinical Operation and have numerous openings. Feel free to contact me!

i am interested in cra position. plz let me know your contact information. i live in toronto,canada.
thaks
sam,toronto

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sharon in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

Hi sam..r u doing some couses in clinical research in Toronto??n if yes may i knw fom which institute??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

sharon in Mississauga, Ontario said: Hi sam..r u doing some couses in clinical research in Toronto??n if yes may i knw fom which institute??

yes i did diploma in clinical research from a institute in toronto in 2007. I am looking for entry level cra position.
sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CRA in New York, New York

72 months ago

I had a bad experience with Aerotek, and I believe you need to watch out for the recruiters there. They are interested in keeping the client happy, not the CRA, and I do not feel they adequately screen or give the correct information with regard to the study they are recruiting for. I did a project with them for about three months and cancelled the contract because what was presented to me initially did NOT match what the company wanted. What can you expect from recruiters who really do not have CRA experience to begin with. When I decided to cancel, I received a ton of unprofessionalism from Aerotek, even though the representative stated, if you are not happy, then please call me and we can make changes. This was absolutely not true. And believe me, the study was a complete mess.

If you choose this route, do your homework yourself and don't readily trust them to find out for you - after all, they are there to fill the numbers, not to provide the true details of the project at hand. The beauty of contracting is that you can cancel, and you should cancel if a contract is not right for you, period. I've contracted for about three years now - and it was the first time I felt side-blinded and cancelled on a company. Not a good practice to do, but necessary if these types of situations.

There is tons of work out there - so be careful who you choose to recruit with - trust it from a seasoned contractor who knows this industry - and Beware!! Ask the right questions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

CRA in New York,

Maybe you should take you own advice and have asked better questions and not have cancelled your assignment. Of course a firm is going to inevitably have to please a billion dollar client more so than a single CRAs wishes. You sound like a shady person and I would really question your motives for even being in clinical research. Most recruiters choose to work with professionals. You're not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Lamia in Montreal, Quebec

72 months ago

Hi Lamia from Montreal i am an MD and i have a master degree in Biomedical Sciences and i am looking for a challenging position as a clininical project manager in Montreal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

john in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me the recruiter in toronto that hire CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR.in around GTA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Qamar in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

Hi Everyone

If you could direct me to the recruiter clinical research. I am interested in CRA position. My education includes M.Sc Chemistry. I am completing one year CCRA (Certified Clinical Research Associate) program with McMaster university Hamilton on Dec-10-2008. I live in Toronto,Canada and looking for entry level CRA position.

thanks

Qamar Abbas, Toronto

Angel Thompson in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

I am currently working as a Clinical Research Coordinator and looking for monitoring experience as a CRA.

willing to take contract positions as a CRA... Please help.

for further details:
www.bkandntconsultinginc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shilpa in Toronto, Ontario

69 months ago

HI GUYS..I have to appear for the preadmission test for clinical research in humber..Can anyone guide me that wats its all about n wat do I hve to study for it n frm whr??Anybody who has done from humber ,,plzzzzzzz reply...............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alam in Brampton, Ontario

69 months ago

Shilpa, go to this thread, you will find tons of information there.

www.indeed.com/forum/job/clinical-research-associate/CRA-Training-Schools-Canada/t26034/p12#c499296

Shilpa in Toronto, Ontario said: HI GUYS..I have to appear for the preadmission test for clinical research in humber..Can anyone guide me that wats its all about n wat do I hve to study for it n frm whr??Anybody who has done from humber ,,plzzzzzzz reply...............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shilpa in Toronto, Ontario

69 months ago

Hey Alam..thnks for replying but the thing is I think you misunderstud me..I wanted info about humber's pre admission test like frm whr shd I study abt it but the thread dat you sent me was abt clinical research course....Is it??Or I misunderstud you????

69 months ago

actually a lot of information about the process was discussed in that thread. many people including me have gone through the process of asking and answering questions about the admission process. i suggest you try going through it. in case you cannot find that info do let me know and i can give you the detailed info as i am currently in the program and gone through the stage you are currently in. in short its not that hard. best of luck.

shilpa in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey Alam..thnks for replying but the thing is I think you misunderstud me..I wanted info about humber's pre admission test like frm whr shd I study abt it but the thread dat you sent me was abt clinical research course....Is it??Or I misunderstud you????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hi Alam...First of all a very happy new year.........I m sorry I didnt find any such info abt the preadmission test...Actually the info dat humber gave me is dat the test will have only english comprehension n essay.....Is it so that nothing related to clinical research is asked der????No science questions??only english vocabulary???Plzz reply........

68 months ago

shilpa in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Alam...First of all a very happy new year.........I m sorry I didnt find any such info abt the preadmission test...Actually the info dat humber gave me is dat the test will have only english comprehension n essay.....Is it so that nothing related to clinical research is asked der????No science questions??only english vocabulary???Plzz reply........

Hi shilpa, happy new year to you too.regarding the admission procedure the written test would not be problem at all, last year they just made the candidates do a few simple multiple choice questions and an essay. the interview i have had mixed responses from different people as it depends a lot on your interviewer. if you need details send me your email and i can email them to you.

68 months ago

Hi alam.........thnks for being so supportive...My email id is charu924@yahoo.ca n give me yours too.........thnks again......r u presently in humber??I dint knw nythng abt the interview.....Is it suppose to be on the test day?

kaushik_mjr@yahoo.co.in in Ahmadabad, India

68 months ago

thanks

unknown in Ellenboro, North Carolina

68 months ago

you apparently know nothing about contracting, do you? I had the same experience with Quintiles-and here I keep hearing how "wonderful" they are and how well they treat their CRAs . I received no support, no communication due to the total lack of communicatween btw departments there, no site transfer information so I was totally in the dark when I showed up at the site, and was FORCED to launch into 70-hour weeks due to their lack of short-term planning. Did I mention, 2 of the 3 CRAs that monitored before me were fired "for cause"? With ridiculous numbers like that, they fall into the fact that they are just as cuttthroat as everyone else. NONE of this was revealed during my interview, or I would not have gone there. Judgemental people like you should be banned from this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NarmiCRP in Scarborough, Ontario

68 months ago

Hi Miguel

I am a Clinical Research Professional in Toronto, ON
you can contact me at
narmi10@gmail.com

Thanks..
more info:
www.bkandntconsultinginc.com/081125_profile%20CV.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tintin in Harlow, United Kingdom

68 months ago

Hi everyone
I am a CRA II, working in UK. I am Swedish citizen looking for CRA position in US. Can someone help me because I will need sponsorship.

I have experience in several areas (Cancer, Cystic FIbrosis, Infection, Neurology) etc. I have worked on studies in Phase I to Phase III. I have great knowledgde in European regulations, Us regulations, Close out visits, Site set up, contract negotiation, investigator meeting etc.
thanks

68 months ago

hi soni..by consulting many peopleI found dat humber course is d best.............I dont knw yet bcz I hve just applied to the course n not yet got admission der....but many people say so.......U ca aply in humber if you wish.........n abt the test formalities n interview I will tell you wen I will go thru it as to wat it is about.........

soni in India

68 months ago

shilpa in Toronto, Ontario said: hi soni..by consulting many peopleI found dat humber course is d best.............I dont knw yet bcz I hve just applied to the course n not yet got admission der....but many people say so.......U ca aply in humber if you wish.........n abt the test formalities n interview I will tell you wen I will go thru it as to wat it is about.........

hi shilpa,

thanx for the reply .i'm planning to apply for fall 2009...how are the placements?

Pam in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

Hi Alam - I am keeping track of your thread and was very curious to know few things. I am planning to get admitted in the CR program - I am in need for lots of information on the entrance test - essay topics, reference materials, etc.. I am doing my best to prepare myself - but still feel sometimes - is my preparation enough? So I would appreciate if you can share some of your experiences - it will be very helpful for me to prepare for the test. Also if you can share - how is the program going on? and how are you feeling - is it in line with your expectations? Thanks.

christian in Anjou, Quebec

67 months ago

Hi i'm looking for something in montreal.
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

darshan mahida in Levittown, New York

67 months ago

hi i am DARSHAN ..i am looking job in CLINICAL RESEARCH ..i am searching entry level job this field ..so please email me if you have any jobs ..my email darshan_mahida2001@yahoo.com

darshan mahida in Levittown, New York

67 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: i am interested in cra position. plz let me know your contact information. i live in toronto,canada.
thaks
sam,toronto

hi sam please let me know if you have entry level clinical research position my email is darshan_mahida2001@yahoo.com

Iris in Montreal, Quebec

67 months ago

hi shilpa
when is your test date.
I have the test for the Regulatory Affairs program at 31 march. I'm sure that it is so sompetitive to get into the program.

Julia Malko in Concord, Ontario

67 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am Certified Clinical Research Associate with solid medical background and various clinical research experience. I am seeking for CRA position.... If anyone could help
My contact julia_malko@yahoo.ca.
Thank you.

Trusha in Brampton, Ontario

67 months ago

Alam in Brampton, Ontario said: actually a lot of information about the process was discussed in that thread. many people including me have gone through the process of asking and answering questions about the admission process. i suggest you try going through it. in case you cannot find that info do let me know and i can give you the detailed info as i am currently in the program and gone through the stage you are currently in. in short its not that hard. best of luck.

Hi Alam,
I just read your post re: pre-admission test at Humber. I was also wondering if we could talk more, would you be willing to share some insights with me via e-mail/phone. You can e-mail me at tpatel@uoguelph.ca

-Thanks

sami in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

Hi Alam
please can you provide me with more details about the admission test and what was the essay about?
maybe you feel it simple because you are a Canadian graduated.
Please I need your help. My e-mail is soni_81@hotmail.com
Thank you

Jenna in Montreal, Quebec

66 months ago

CRA in New York, New York said: I had a bad experience with Aerotek, and I believe you need to watch out for the recruiters there. They are interested in keeping the client happy, not the CRA, and I do not feel they adequately screen or give the correct information with regard to the study they are recruiting for. I did a project with them for about three months and cancelled the contract because what was presented to me initially did NOT match what the company wanted. What can you expect from recruiters who really do not have CRA experience to begin with. When I decided to cancel, I received a ton of unprofessionalism from Aerotek, even though the representative stated, if you are not happy, then please call me and we can make changes. This was absolutely not true. And believe me, the study was a complete mess.

If you choose this route, do your homework yourself and don't readily trust them to find out for you - after all, they are there to fill the numbers, not to provide the true details of the project at hand. The beauty of contracting is that you can cancel, and you should cancel if a contract is not right for you, period. I've contracted for about three years now - and it was the first time I felt side-blinded and cancelled on a company. Not a good practice to do, but necessary if these types of situations.

There is tons of work out there - so be careful who you choose to recruit with - trust it from a seasoned contractor who knows this industry - and Beware!! Ask the right questions!

Thank you CRA in NY for these comments. This is very helpful. What would be according to you the best source (online, paper ...) to go independent? i.e. contracts negotiations, cancellations, bookkeeping... etc.

SA in Waterloo, Ontario

66 months ago

Hi Alam.I know you must be having a hard time answering all the questions posted to you.If you get the time can you please answer mine as well.<<Is finding a co-op position difficult?>>I believe you are in the Clinical Research program.Have you heard from people in the Regulatory Affairs program.<<Is the regulatory affairs program better than the clinical research program?>>
Thanks!

SA in Ottawa, Ontario

66 months ago

I am looking ideally for a CRA (entry level) position in the Ottawa Ontario/Quebec Area. I have over 10 years of clinical experience in various specialities. My background is in Epidemiology. I will be more than happy to provide a CV and references privately. I have worked both in private clinics as a CRC, as well as in major institutions. I am dual citizen, and multi-lingual.

I can be reached at canadianhelweh@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

sajan Ashoka in Bangalore, India

65 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: i am interested in cra position. plz let me know your contact information. i live in toronto,canada.
thaks
sam,toronto

hai to your email mail is not going please check it correctly and post, Am looking for a post of CRA. I did M.Sc,PGDBI PDCR contact me at sajusajan@gmail.com

Allen in Waterloo, Ontario

65 months ago

Someone please help. Where are all the entry level positions in CRA or CRC. Are you all finding it this hard to break in?

Abbas in Hamilton, Ontario

63 months ago

Hi abbas

I would like to have your contact details.
I am graduate with MBBS from and i would like to know the opportunity after finishing CCRA at Mc masters.

Qamar in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Everyone

If you could direct me to the recruiter clinical research. I am interested in CRA position. My education includes M.Sc Chemistry. I am completing one year CCRA (Certified Clinical Research Associate) program with McMaster university Hamilton on Dec-10-2008. I live in Toronto,Canada and looking for entry level CRA position.

thanks

Qamar Abbas, Toronto

andy in Toronto, Ontario

63 months ago

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a CRA position in Toronto. I'm a foreing MD with ICH/GCP certification in clinical trials in Canada. I've 4 years experience working as a CRC. If anyone could help

My contact is andyol27@hotmail.com

Thank you.

karthikeyan(karthik) in Edison, New Jersey

63 months ago

Hello!

I am looking for the CRA or CTA position, I have the clinical research experience as a CRA for 6 years and have worked on therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Cardiology and Infectious diseases. I have handled all phases of a study from start up to close out, extensive monitoring experience, reviewed SOPs and Protocols, trained the staff at the site and have excellent knowledge of FDA and ICH/GCP guidelines.

Please reach me at karthikeyan.govindan@gmail.com if you have any contract and fulltime position

Thank you

Kind Regards
Karthik

Alice in Edmonton, Alberta

63 months ago

Hi there,

Does anyone can tell me whether CRA also involved in writing scietific papers for publications? For example, reviewing the literature, designing research experiments, perfoming statystical analysis and interpreting the data, or assisting grant writing?

Thanks!

RICRA1964 in Warwick, Rhode Island

63 months ago

I have eleven years of clinical trial experience in both Project Management (4 years) and Monitoring (7 years). I have held the position of Study Manager for a top pharmaceutical company, overseeing and managing study activities in both the US and LATAM for two clinical trials in the therapeutic area of cardiovascular/metabolic diseases. Responsibilities that I have had included managing the study timelines, budgets, PI contracts, monitor report review and as a liaison between the monitor and sites to assist in resolving any site or data issues. I was also responsible for the oversight of vendors (regulatory and DM) and worked closely with the Supply Chain Coordinator for the shipment and inventory of drug supply. I worked closely with the company regional offices in both the UK and LATAM. In additional Project Management roles, I have providing similar services as explained above, for global trials (one for cardiovascular bio-markers and heart failure and the other for a cardiovascular artery stent study). For my 7+ years as a Sr. CRA, I have primarily monitoried cardiovascular studies (hypertension, CABG surgery, DVT and Pulmonary Hypertension studies) and was responsible for the review of CRFs against source documents, reviewed regulatory documents at the site and performed regular drug accountability. For 2 years of my monitoring experience, I was an Imaging Research Associate at a large global CRO, where I would accompany the CRAs on many SIVs and Investigator Meetings in order to train the Radiologist for the imaging portion of the studies I led. My background/training is as a Certified Cardiovascular Technologist and I worked in the Cath Lab for 6 years. I am actively searching for Contract, Regional, Home-based Sr. CRA positions. I reside in Rhode Island and have easy access to the surrounding states (CT, MA, NY and NJ) as well as very convenient access to our local airport. I can be reached at failte_lass@yahoo.com Thank you.

Sweta in Columbus, Ohio

63 months ago

I have a Bio Informatics Bachelor Degree from India as well as 2-3 years of experience working as Sr. CRA and CRA. I recently moved to Columbus, OH location. Any suggestion on consultants, job postings and/or further studies would be highly appreciated. In case of job , I will need to get a working visa as well.

Thanks.

Helen Coolman in Slough, United Kingdom

60 months ago

I am just wondering what a recruiter for a phase I clinical trial makes?
This position is an entry level position and I am unable to figure out an approxtimate salary for them.

This job is going to be based in toronto.

R. Elkheir in Ottawa, Ontario

60 months ago

I'm a CRC in Ontario, and by recruiter, I gather you are looking for someone to recruit for a study, Phase 1. Varies but it would depend upon specifics regarding enrollment procedures - if you are looking for a nurse or not.

More specifics and I can direct you.

also you can email me off-list at: rasha1_2002 @hotmail.com and I can provide you with some contacts who have the information you are looking for.

nKaviani in Scarborough, Ontario

59 months ago

Hello, I have 12 years of working experience in research labs in Toronto. Recently I took several CRA courses in Michener Institute. I want to change my career to CRA, can anyone suggest a recruiter to me it would be greatly appreciated. I can work as a volunteer (2day/week) in CRA position if anyone need extra help.

Thank you

drmps in Fremont, California

58 months ago

hello 1 & all
I am trying to get into the CRA field[I did my CRA course]applied in couple of places but they all want 2-3 yrs of experience..I would greatly appreciate any help for the same.

Seasoned CRA in Indianapolis, Indiana

57 months ago

Derek in Tampa, Florida said: CRA in New York,

Maybe you should take you own advice and have asked better questions and not have cancelled your assignment. Of course a firm is going to inevitably have to please a billion dollar client more so than a single CRAs wishes. You sound like a shady person and I would really question your motives for even being in clinical research. Most recruiters choose to work with professionals. You're not.

I asked ALOT of questions and was given INCORRECT information by Aerotek recruiters as well as a manager. Seems they don't even know their own clients that well. IF you as a "professional" choose to recruit other "professionals", you need to treat each other as such.

A "professional" would not give another "professional" an answer that they know is inaccurate or incorrect. A true professional will state, "I don't know, but I can find out for you". There is NOTHING wrong with having to do additional research as the recruiter to represent your client correctly.

Both of my experiences with Aerotek were a bit less than pleasant. I work as a contractor and have always have exceptional reviews, references, etc. I have been doing this for 20 years and I love my profession, but I don't love other so called professionals who don't care to do the appropriate research to get the correct answers about a project. Whether or not you are trying to keep a billion dollar, million dollar client or the CRA community happy is IMMATERIAL when you are giving incorrect and inaccurate information regarding a project.

While YOU, Derek in Tampa may not have been the recruiter/manager I have dealt with in the past, I will say that the recruiters from Aerotek that I dealt with were less than knowledgeable. I finished my contracts and will not go back. I figured the 1st exp. was a fluke so I gave Aerotek a 2nd chance & it was worse. I am in a long term contract with another group that has been stellar to work with.

Maria H. B. in Dollard-des-ormeaux, Quebec

55 months ago

Hello Seasoned CRA, THank you so much for your posting. I'm only starting as an independent after 7 yrs as an employee. Your comments were reallly helpful.

I would be very gratuful is someone can help me clarify the following:
- How much liability insurance you should take? No one can answer me not even the insurances... some talk of 100 000 other of 10 millions!
If the contract stipulate that travel is not billable, is it normal?
- What are the common challenges once must face during their first contracts
- What would be an acceptable hourly rate range for a non-oncology trial?
Thank you Sooo much!

Nehal R Shah in Brampton, Ontario

47 months ago

HI Miguel (Aerotec Scientific)

I have extensive experience of Pharmaceutical industry and currently i am preparing Certification of clinical Research Program at Humber college and completed 11 subject out of 15 requiered. so i am looking for Entry level job in clinical Research industry. I have done Diploma in Pharmacy and Bachelor of Science with chemistry.

hana in Scarborough, Ontario

44 months ago

shilpa in Toronto, Ontario said: hi soni..by consulting many peopleI found dat humber course is d best.............I dont knw yet bcz I hve just applied to the course n not yet got admission der....but many people say so.......U ca aply in humber if you wish.........n abt the test formalities n interview I will tell you wen I will go thru it as to wat it is about.........

dear Shilpa
i have applied to the CRA program at Humber college and could you pleaseeee tell me about the entrance test and the interview questions
thank you

hana in Scarborough, Ontario

44 months ago

Alam in Brampton, Ontario said: Shilpa, go to this thread, you will find tons of information there.

www.indeed.com/forum/job/clinical-research-associate/CRA-Training-Schools-Canada/t26034/p12#c499296

Dear Alam
i have an english assessment test at humber college and could you please help with what kind of questions they ask and the interview questions
please

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.