Clinical research Careers in India -- Current Scenario

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 204)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Biswajeet Dasgupta in Patna, India

74 months ago

Hype or Substance.?????? Going by various reports in the Internet it would seem that The Clinical Research Revolution in India has begun. As for the IT industry it is also being said "INDIA HAS --- Well trained, English speaking and computer savvy biomedical workforce Cost effective workforce willing and able to adhere meticulously to protocols and processes Large heterogeneous “urban centric” patient populations"
At the same time there is the same old complain about "inadequate trained personnel" which simply means aspirants have to spend 2 to 4 lac Rs for a 2 year course.
What is the truth?
1) What are the actual Qualifications of personnel presently employed in clinical research i India?
2) What are the actual starting salaries in India in the CR industry
3) What are the current recruitment requirements for CRA / CTA / CDM ?
4) What are the recruitment opportunities IN PLACES OTHER THAN BANGALORE / DELHI/ HYDERABAD ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

kamlesh verma in Bhopal, India

73 months ago

Dr Thirumalesh R L in Koppa, India said: Hi friends,
This is Dr Thirumalesh graduated in BAMS and Diploma in Clinical research and regulatory affairs.
yah its really true india is good destination for conducting clinica research because indians are the ginnipigs for MNC biotech companies to do the trial.
Now a days insitutions are making money in the name clinical research by taking Rs 1.5-4. lakhs for this course and no one company asking the degree in clinical research.They are looking only for basic life science degree only.
i dont know why the companies are not intresting in taking ayurvedic graduates even after doining clinical research course.There should be a standard set of qualification to join a clinical research. These institutions making money by joining all lofe science graduates. And the companies are looking only for pharma,MBBS,BDS, AMD MSC IN BIOCHEMISTRY,MICRIBIOLOGY,BIOTECHNOLOGY.AND I AM TIRED OFF BY SEARCHING A job in clinical research. Please my dear friend dont join any clinical research course. Just search in google u will many notes in clinical research guidelines and just gi through it. It is more and more enough.And the once you enter into the industry again they will try the peoples ok.
Thanking you.

Regards,
drthirurl@yahoo.co.in

Yes Sir,I agree with you ,But sir I am searching job in this field last one year.But no company offering job without experience.I am M.Sc. biotechnology.If any one offer me such type of job,I can work free of coast.
Thank you
good night

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dr sanjayb pampaniya in Ahmadabad, India

72 months ago

hy i have complited my bams in surat o.h nazar ayurved college in 2006 and i have 1 year exp. in hospital .now i am pursuving in icri ahemdabad. i want to know about opportunity for bams in clinical research

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Thirumalesh R L in Bangalore, India

72 months ago

Hi Dr Sanjay
Don't do the clinical research course because now a days copmpanies offering very less salary i.e from RS 5000. If you potential in your finance open an ayurveidc hospital. Otherwise if there is no problem from regulatory department in your state you can go for allopatic practice.
U will earn more as compared to the clinical research.
Now a days no one company giving importance to BAMS drs i don't why because every one can do this job not only the medicos. if your institution is giving 100% job sure i can tell u to continue(but not heartly)Industry was booming 3 yrs back but not now.and no one know the future.Salary has reduced to 50% less as compared to 3 yrs back.
so i decided to do the mixopathy(ayu+allopathy) practise.
And those who are in the industry they are telling me to do your own practice.and one thing u remember that u will never become actual scientist or any thing.U will just do the monotoring of the trail only like a representative ok.it is best for ladies because familly will never dependent on them. Think twice before joining the industry as i all ready suffring very much.
Take care bye bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dr.Mohammad Istiyak Ahamad in Mountain View, California

72 months ago

hi,

i am graduated in BAMS & pg dip. in ayurvedic drug standerdization also pursuing pg dip in clinical trial management.
i am in surch of opening in clinical research industry.
kindly help me.
regards,
dr.istiyak@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. Rajesh K. Sharma in Montreal, Quebec

71 months ago

Hello All.
I am a Vet with PhD in Microbiology with experience in both vet drug trials and pharma trials, including regulatory work. Also i have done work in food areas, nutraceuticals. In Canada, there is almost NO CHANCE of getting any job in regulatory or Clin. Research. It suits, Registered nurses, but the CRO won't find them. They ask for graduates because they can start low and go upwards. You can do a course only when you are in a job related to Clinical research. Then it will lead to Sr. CRA and eventually Project Manager position. And this usually is a on the job training program. Courses do help, but won't led to a job - ever. So, this is a Catch-22 situation. So, the

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Rajesh K Sharma in Montreal, Quebec

71 months ago

Hello All.
I am a Vet with PhD in Microbiology with experience in both vet drug trials and pharma trials, including regulatory work. Also i have done work in food areas, nutraceuticals. In Canada, there is almost NO CHANCE of getting any job in regulatory or Clin. Research. It suits, Registered nurses, but the CRO won't find them. They ask for graduates because they can start low and go upwards. You can do a course only when you are in a job related to Clinical research. Then it will lead to Sr. CRA and eventually Project Manager position. And this usually is a on the job training program. Courses do help, but won't led to a job - ever. So, this is a Catch-22 situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Rajesh K Sharma in Montreal, Quebec

71 months ago

So, the institutions have to provide an internship of some sort for us (you and me) to be able to include in our qualifications and add our projects in our CV. Also they need to work with recruiters so we land in some job, once we complete the course. Otherwise it is difficult. Regulatory is one area where you can concentrate along with GCP/Pharm QA. But that would depend on aptitude (a lot of Pharma Chemistry). It is also true that trial management is not actual research. If you are computer savvy, go for Clinicla data management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DR MANIK DIXIT in Hyderabad, India

71 months ago

HI ALL,

I'm working as CRC for a reputed doctor at Hyderabad for the last 3 years. However inspite of my hard and sincere work I was forced to leave the job without payment by the doctor.

This has become an easy way of making fast money for some of the Principal Investigators. They are not at all concerned about the safety of the patients. While it is the Coordinator who actually handles the entire project however they are exploited and not paid properly. Also, at times fake data is created by the investigator.

I have decided to quit this feild.

I feel a hype is created about the opportunities by the institutions and they are tied up with sponsor pharma and CRO for placements these days. There is no encouragement for actual talent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kunal in Ahmadabad, India

70 months ago

oh my god !!!
i was thinking that clinical research is heaven.by doing CR i can do phoenix.and making so much money as well reputation..but above coments make me very very sad.i am now upsate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VENU in Secunderabad, India

70 months ago

don't worry about these comments but all are truth,may i know what is ur education back ground,based on that i can advice u, don't get upset, if u are really that much of interesting in the field of CRO u better join CDM course,to day so many BPOs are handling bioscience projects thus u can enter in to a software field with good packages,in CROs u will get less salary in starting later on it will increases, don't think about salary first,first join in any organization,gain knowledge, parallel y try for other companies,but think before choosing a department in CRO,OK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

drthirurl in Bangalore, India

70 months ago

hi Venu
its better u join MBA u can have a lot of chances in BDM + CRO.
and u will get wonderful packages also.
and early promotion also. ok

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in Pune, India

70 months ago

VENU in Secunderabad, India said: don't worry about these comments but all are truth,may i know what is ur education back ground,based on that i can advice u, don't get upset, if u are really that much of interesting in the field of CRO u better join CDM course,to day so many BPOs are handling bioscience projects thus u can enter in to a software field with good packages,in CROs u will get less salary in starting later on it will increases, don't think about salary first,first join in any organization,gain knowledge, parallel y try for other companies,but think before choosing a department in CRO,OK

Hey guys,
I have done B.PHARM,MPHARM and MSc in clinical pharmacology from UK and now came back to india.I want to work as CRA in clinical research field but struggling hard to get into this field without any experience.Could you please guide me or give some names of the recruiters or some contacts.I thought it would be easier in india as compared to UK for freshers.Please help me out,I am really frustated.
Pooja.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ruksana in Bangalore, India

69 months ago

Hi all.. i have finished my mbbs. I have 1 year of hospital experience. I want 2 join clinical research.. should i go 4 it???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

shifa in Bangalore, India

68 months ago

hi there, iam doing my Msc in clinical research and i am from life science background can i knw what is my future after doing post gradution in CR.is CRA better or CDM better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

hi don't join the clinical research course, its not the worth of RS 1lakh. Do some management course like MBA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Pratap in Hyderabad, India

67 months ago

Dear aspirants of clinical research!

First understand the global situation and then opt for doing Clinical trials or related courses. Most of the MNCs are taking only experienced people in the field. Best is that u start with any BPO IN LIFE SCIENCE domain for Clinical data manageemnt positions.

Which is better CRA/CDM?

CDM is universal, this having better prospects and onsite oppurtunities when comapred to CRA. CRA it is mandatory to know the regional lanuguage...if it is USA OR UK it is ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rohit in Göteborg, Sweden

66 months ago

ruksana in Bangalore, India said: Hi all.. i have finished my mbbs. I have 1 year of hospital experience. I want 2 join clinical research.. should i go 4 it???

hi
I don't understand why people after completing MBBS want to enter into Clinical Trials .. MBBS in itself is a good field .. go ahead in that..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rati in Bombay, India

65 months ago

i want to know current openings for clinical research in Pune for M.Sc Microbiology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mrgvlnikesh in Madras, India

65 months ago

hello to everyone...i have done wit my msc biotech.as with all other life sci students i too was pulled over by clinical research phenomenon.but wen i got down in to that there are mixed responses..the result is am in a hell lot of confusions.as of which branch to choose and were to pursue the course.i hav enquired in som of the insti . oh god! the numbers are mind boggling!!including ICRI. friends please help me .don know wer to go and whom to ask.is it worth taking the risk?.if so wer to do that?am sure this will be helpful many others too...plz show me the best way forward....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amit pandit in agra, India

65 months ago

hi kunal. i m a physiotherapist & wants to join CR but after reading these comments i m totally confused so plz guide me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hima in Madras, India

64 months ago

can someone tell the real scenario faced by a fresher with the clinical research degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Manik in Hyderabad, India

64 months ago

Actually the institutes which conduct these courses in clinical research, most of the times hype about the openings and inspite of promising, donot help in assisting in placements.

One needs to struggle and requires a bit of luck to get into the right job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

deniedchrist44 in mumbai in Bombay, India

64 months ago

hima in Madras, India said: can someone tell the real scenario faced by a fresher with the clinical research degree

Hi dear,

I am also a fresher, finished my Msc in clinical research and right now searching for the job. The real scenario...u call up a CRO or a pharma company..they rudely say there's no vacancy..OR..we will revert back to you if there is any vacancy..u kindly forward ur resume to so n so email id.. OR..what experience do u have n when u say u r a fresher..the answer is no vacancy...Finally u will be forced by peer pressure n family pressure to join in the field ur not interested in..
My friend, the real scenario is far more worst than u can actually imagine. but still if u want to experience this , u can call up the companies and find out ..
My advice...do something which promises better future for u...

TC
Bye
Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No Reply - Report abuse

ravindramote@yahoo.in in Bombay, India

64 months ago

HI Dear Friends,
I am BHMS , PG diploma In Clinical Research, By Hard work and By Luck I got job.
But I realies That There is no need to do any clinical research cource, just search ICH-GCP Guidline on net, New Drug devolopement, u will get all information
The clinical research Instituate Earning Lakhs-Lakhs of ruppes by creating False Cinario.
Dont spend lakhs of ruppes in clinical research course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

ravindramote@yahoo.in in Bombay, India

64 months ago

Pooja in Pune, India said: Hey guys,
I have done B.PHARM,MPHARM and MSc in clinical pharmacology from UK and now came back to india.I want to work as CRA in clinical research field but struggling hard to get into this field without any experience.Could you please guide me or give some names of the recruiters or some contacts.I thought it would be easier in india as compared to UK for freshers.Please help me out,I am really frustated.
Pooja.

do u got job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Dear pooja,
Its nice to see your qualification.Don't try to come in clinical research.Try in some other companies.if yu want to get in to the clinical research 1st gaine the knowledge about clincal research by searching in google but don't do the clinical researh course.
update your resume in job portal.if i found any opening i will let you know.have a nice future. bye bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mejo in Kochi, India

63 months ago

good forum

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kunal in Ahmadabad, India

63 months ago

clinical research is not big issue for pharma students.if you are just b.sc and then you want to make a mark in pharma industry then its good to do PG diploma in clinical research as they also taught us pharma aspect.but if you are already b.pharma, m.phrama,or doctor then never never never go for clinical research course.if you really know about clinical research then go for this
1.ICH-GCP guideline
2.schedule Y
3.CDSCO guidelines
4.and know about ethics committee

and it will take 2 week to prepare,no need to do course of clinical research.i have done pg diploma in clinical research,thats why i am telling.

find these aspect on internet,prepare them,update your CV and you will get job in clinical research industry if you are bright student of pharmacy.job depend on interview,its does not depend the course you have done

all the best.dont waste lacks of rupees.plzzzzzzzzzz...rather go sweetzerland to chill out man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No Reply - Report abuse

anand in Madras, India

63 months ago

Pooja in Pune, India said: Hey guys,
Pooja.

Dear Pooja,
As you have the good qualification, u can find the jobs thorugh website as list of CROs in India, though u can place the resume and find the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Krisna in Bellmawr, New Jersey

63 months ago

Can someone tell me about the salaries for CRAs in India? I was thinking about transferring over as I have family there, but don't know what a comfortable living wage would be in cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, or Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jagat mishra in Bangalore, India

63 months ago

Hiiiiii frens , i just finished My M.Tech Pharma n planning to do PG diploma in C.R .......can anyone tell me abt this really m so confused......mishra_jagat@yahoo.com , jagat.mishra12@gmail.com is my I.D.. , can anyone guide me..
Thanxxxx
jagat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pushpa in Kathmandu, Nepal

62 months ago

i m doing b.pharma(ayurveda) and worried about what to do after finishing this..? m.pharma(ayur) or mba(ayur..drugs)plz help me.my future is going to b dark.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jasbiranti in Panipat, India

62 months ago

life is very intersting.so you enjoy the life.
the main problem for your future.your main field is M.pharma(ayur).every people face a bigger probleam in life.after the M.phara
you try on germany.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

varsha in Charlotte, North Carolina

62 months ago

hi suriraghuram...
here is varsha.

oh my god !!!
i was thinking that clinical research is heaven.by doing MS in clinical research can work properly and make so much money as well reputation..but above coments make me very sad.
I m BAMS from pune.was planning about Ms in clinical research in USA.but above all comments telling reality.so now confused....can you suggest me what step will be better for me in usa.i m here for short time.(few yrs).Plz can you vamail me?
varsahtejankar@yahoo.com
thanks a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jasbir antil in Panipat, India

62 months ago

hi
your plain is MS clinical research in USA.
IN USA and india there is a huge oppotunity in CR.
SO you try in USA
THANKYOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vandana in Malden, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Hi all,
I have done BHMSand I have 5 yrs experience of woking in Hospital as a resident doctor. I want to step my foot in the field of clinical research .
After reading all the posts I am confused .Your suggestions advices and views will be appreciated and will be helpful to me to decide what to do?

should I change the career path or not?
should I do enroll for any CR course or not? If yes then online course will do?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

diia in Fremont, California

62 months ago

hii all

i am bhms from ind , now i am in usa.. Can i get a job in clinical research ?
I want to change my career but dnt know where should i go ... any help plz...
i dnt know where i can fit.. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

chandan tiwari in Calcutta, India

62 months ago

you can go in mumbai in reliance clinical research organisation that will assure your job with your clinical research course.

wish you all the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

clubber in Cambridge, United Kingdom

62 months ago

Hi everyone, I have been reading with interest, some people say that doctors make money out of clinical trials, I don't know much about the area, how do they do that?

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

diia in Fremont, California

62 months ago

hii chandan

thanks for your suggestion. bt i am in US .. i want to know abt any field in US where i can fit...

Thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rewdiz in Dharwad, India

61 months ago

hi i am a BDS graduate,, and i have been doin this clinical research diploma
PgDCR in clinical research since 1 yr, recently icri global research has come up with this ms in clinical research in uk and more over dere s is dis 1 yr program in uk for ms in clinical research for BDS and mBBS from ICRI..
is it valuable and moreover.. and moreover for a fresh passout ..will i get a job in UK..
i am confused.. plz help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Murugaraj Ranganathan in Selam, India

61 months ago

Dear all,
I am a PG in Biochemistry. Is it better choice to adopt a career in clinical research? If anyboby in this field kindly tell me. And i just want to know detail about clinical research. kindly contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Murugaraj Ranganathan in Selam, India

61 months ago

Murugaraj Ranganathan in Selam, India said: Dear all,
I am a PG in Biochemistry. Is it better choice to adopt a career in clinical research? If anyboby in this field kindly tell me. And i just want to know detail about clinical research. kindly contact.

you can do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

juhi nigam in Indore, India

61 months ago

hi frnds,

I m BSc biology graduate wants to do P.G DIPLOMA IN CLINICAL TRIAL MANAGEMENT should i do this course or not???
M planning to join CLINIMINDS as it is giving 100% placement gurantee....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vandana in Malden, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Hi, Juhi
cliniminds !!!
They are not giving 100% guarantee of placement.
Please read carefully their brochures in which they have clearly mentioned "Job support".
Also no institute will give you such GUARANTEE.

Thanks
vandana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

dreameralwayswin in Chandigarh, India

61 months ago

ravindramote@yahoo.in in Bombay, India said: HI Dear Friends,
I am BHMS , PG diploma In Clinical Research, By Hard work and By Luck I got job.
But I realies That There is no need to do any clinical research cource, just search ICH-GCP Guidline on net, New Drug devolopement, u will get all information
The clinical research Instituate Earning Lakhs-Lakhs of ruppes by creating False Cinario.
Dont spend lakhs of ruppes in clinical research course.

sir i m BAMS PLZZ guide me by ich-gcp guidlines even i wana enter in this clinical research i shal b very thankful to u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ravi in Bombay, India

61 months ago

Clinical research feild has become really really mess up ....These days the CROs are not getting any new projects from sponsors and Industries are not recruting new entry in their organisations.. now in this all senario.. v all people are being Stuck up ..wether to go in Clinical research or to go in other line..

when this picture will b in favour of us???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr.sanjulove4ever@yahoo.co.in in Bombay, India

61 months ago

right

dr.sanjulove4ever@yahoo.co.in in Bombay, India

61 months ago

yes

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.