Clinical Research Program at Oxford College, Toronto?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Betty in Beamsville, Ontario

72 months ago

I live in Toronto, and I am interested in the clinical research program offered in university or college. By reading the thread here, there is a good one from Humber college. Unfortunately, there is no seat until next September. I also found a new program called "Clinical Research Associate Program" offered by a private college called "Oxford College of Arts, Business & Technology". It is a one year program including 3 months internship.

I can not find more information about this program offered by this college excepted what was said from its website.

Does anybody have more information about this program? Is it worth taking the course (it is about 15,000 CAD)? And can I find a job after the course? I really appreciate if somebody could share some information.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sanjay Yagnik in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Betty in Beamsville, Ontario said: I live in Toronto, and I am interested in the clinical research program offered in university or college. By reading the thread here, there is a good one from Humber college. Unfortunately, there is no seat until next September. I also found a new program called "Clinical Research Associate Program" offered by a private college called "Oxford College of Arts, Business & Technology". It is a one year program including 3 months internship.

I can not find more information about this program offered by this college excepted what was said from its website.

Does anybody have more information about this program? Is it worth taking the course (it is about 15,000 CAD)? And can I find a job after the course? I really appreciate if somebody could share some information.

Thanks.

If the institute is promising internship after the program than it is definitely worth. Then you will have both Canadian education and work experience for the future jobs. And most of the time the company that hires you as an intern would offer you a job if you can prove yourself during the internship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

colomcan in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

\
QUOTE who="Betty in Beamsville, Ontario"]I live in Toronto, and I am interested in the clinical research program offered in university or college. By reading the thread here, there is a good one from Humber college. Unfortunately, there is no seat until next September. I also found a new program called "Clinical Research Associate Program" offered by a private college called "Oxford College of Arts, Business & Technology". It is a one year program including 3 months internship.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I am deciding between some options and Clinical Research is one of them, I like the program IN Oxford, even though it looks very heavy academic load and we have to be from 9 til 3 pm. The positives things are that is directed by a Physician and that he provides good placements at the end of the course. The people say that with the recession is going to be tough to find stable jobs. The other one is on-line in Mitchener Institute but I don't now if this is good or not ( is 15 months)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sijo in Brampton, Ontario

64 months ago

Betty in Beamsville, Ontario said: I live in Toronto, and I am interested in the clinical research program offered in university or college. By reading the thread here, there is a good one from Humber college. Unfortunately, there is no seat until next September. I also found a new program called "Clinical Research Associate Program" offered by a private college called "Oxford College of Arts, Business & Technology". It is a one year program including 3 months internship.

Thanks.

Im also intrested in clinical research.I did a lot of reserches for some CRA courses.
Oxford is private collage but they are seniding studets to SikKids for internship(Coop).( I saw in o ne of their testimonial).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

this is a good program I was going to be there but I was accepted in a MAster program, But that program is very good, short, not difficult to get into and the director is a Physician that helps you to be in a good placement at the end. It is a private college and some people prefer a public school.

Jani in New York, New York

64 months ago

sijo in Brampton, Ontario said: Im also intrested in clinical research.I did a lot of reserches for some CRA courses.
Oxford is private collage but they are seniding studets to SikKids for internship(Coop).( I saw in o ne of their testimonial).

Hello,
At American Scitech Research Institute we offer a 6 month course and 6 month internship.
Visit our website for more details. ASRI also helps with job placement there after.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sujata in Jersey City, New Jersey

63 months ago

Jani in New York, New York said: Hello,
At American Scitech Research Institute we offer a 6 month course and 6 month internship.
Visit our website for more details. ASRI also helps with job placement there after.

hi

i am international student and planing for clinical research . i like to know more about ASRI. is this institute provide F1 or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vida in Woodbridge, Ontario

63 months ago

Thanks.

Hi there,

Wondering if you were able to find out more about this program. I am pretty much in the same situation as you were so would appreciate if you can give me any more information about clinical research programs offered.

Thanks.
Vida

Darshan in Toms River, New Jersey

63 months ago

Thanks.

i dont think it is worth it the student advisor for america scitech is on the forum you can email him. they charge 4500 and 6month internship. i think its'better than oxford because i was thinkning the same

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

neet21 in Oakville, Ontario

56 months ago

Darshan in Toms River, New Jersey said: i dont think it is worth it the student advisor for america scitech is on the forum you can email him. they charge 4500 and 6month internship. i think its'better than oxford because i was thinkning the same

Does anybody have an opinion about the program at the Michener institute. I am considering this option. Are guys RN'S already? I can't afford to go back to school full time. And does anyone know the payscale for Canadians? The US websites say they are around 45-70,000$'S.

krisfavour in Toronto, Ontario

56 months ago

Thanks.

Yes, this program is also offered by Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, 200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, North York, Ontario, M2J 4R4. It's a good place to attend the program.
Certified CRA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fugeran in Scarborough, Ontario

54 months ago

I have been following this thread. Does anybody have any new information? I am contacting ASRI. Has anyone trained there?

jay in North Brunswick, New Jersey

54 months ago

hello fugeran,
it is best to contact them. i trained there in 2008 and the class size and teachers were good. i was in to train get back the money i paid for the training within 2 months, but it turned out to be really good and i got a job through kelly scientific. so it was helpful, they gave me a reference.

fugeran in Scarborough, Ontario

54 months ago

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the response. I did contact them (ASRI) by email. They are located in New Jersey and it seems that the course and the internship is given only there. I was looking for a course in Toronto. I am asking them if they have associates/collaborator in Toronto where I can take the course. Will post as soon as I hear from them.

rajkumar luke in Scarborough, Ontario

53 months ago

dear all, im interested inthe clinical research associate offered by oxford collage in toronto. does anyone know how is the program there?. how are the job prospects on completion and salary scales for clinical research associates?. i see alot of invites to participate in clinical trials in the newspapers so that means thAT TRIALS are going on. i would deeply appreciat your inputs thanks
rajkumar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vajri in Mississauga, Ontario

52 months ago

Hi rajkumar,

Did you investigate Oxford? I am interested in this course too

sherry in Toronto, Ontario

50 months ago

hi,
i have been looking for info on the course being offered by my oxford college. i just want to know whether its a good option or not since the website states that there is no legal body governing clinical research courses in canada. i dont want to go through the courses and end up knowing its not accredidated. also does anyone know about the option at mcmaster?

E in Princeton, New Jersey

50 months ago

fugeran in Scarborough, Ontario said: I have been following this thread. Does anybody have any new information? I am contacting ASRI. Has anyone trained there?

it is a complete scam. people left and dropped, and the rest of them was driven away by their ridiculous and discriminative final exams. only a few who they (mostly the director herself) like are kept and placed in their own "institute" as instructors and writing fictitious protocols that's never associated with anything in the real world, and the "institute" called it "a paid internship" as their advertisement repeatedly. the salary comes from the tuition of the poor students themselves. the whole thing runs like a parasite, sucking up the money from the students and producing dropouts, fake "certificates" that are not recognized anywhere in the world, and a bunch of useless protocols to be thrown into the trash.

right, you can actually check their trials here:
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=american+scitech
they started putting up trials since mid 2008. two years had passed, none of the trials had even started recruiting. every single trial was postponed again and again, and finally we have come to an end: red "withdrawn". nice try, ASRI. duh!

don't even hope that you can get anything but lies and brazenness to lie out of that place. they are taking advantage of desperate people just like you and me. keep your eyes open. you are warned, just like we were once warned 2 years ago. but the voice was too little to be noticed at that time...

E in Princeton, New Jersey

50 months ago

fugeran in Scarborough, Ontario said: Hi Jay,
Thanks for the response. I did contact them (ASRI) by email. They are located in New Jersey and it seems that the course and the internship is given only there. I was looking for a course in Toronto. I am asking them if they have associates/collaborator in Toronto where I can take the course. Will post as soon as I hear from them.

i am giving you this warning, not because i am some sort of competitor. i am doing this purely out of my outrage towards them. it crushed our (me and my wife's) hope and a bunch of terrible consequences followed. i would bring them to court if i could, and will support anyone who's well organized to do that.

god how could this piece of filthy dirt exist on the surface of this planet. they should be brought down in no time!!

Tathagat in Orangeville, Ontario

43 months ago

Hi iam a international postgraduate in PHARMACY AND I am planning to take admission in humber clinical research certificate program, i just wanna know are jobs available in the market after the course...

Arpita Vyas in Porbandar, India

37 months ago

i have completed my masters in Pharmacy (Pharmacology)from India recently and i am interested in the clinical research program in canada
i went through the Oxford program and i liked it but since it is a private program i am confused whether to apply or not
Also wat will be the job opportunities later along with the work permit

Sanjay Yagnik in Toronto, Ontario

37 months ago

In my opinion, Humber college, Toronto offers a better clinical research program with in built internship and enjoys a very good reputaion in the industry. Statistics say job opportunities are good. Occasionally one might have to hang in there a little longer to land the first job.

Adriana in Toronto, Ontario

37 months ago

Does anyone know if it's to hard to get in the Humber clinical research program? I also received an email from Oxford College. Does anybody know this program? Is it good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

geny in Scarborough, Ontario

34 months ago

i have completed my masters in mining Engineering from International.and i am interested in the Pharmaceutical Q/A and Q/C program.
i went through the Oxford program and i liked it but since it is a private program i am confused whether to apply or not Also wat will be the job opportunities later.Does anybody have more information about this program?

ann14jewels@yahoo.com in Columbia, Missouri

34 months ago

I am a USA citizen interested in studying Clinical Research in a good 2 year college. I can travel abroad only when there is financial assistant possible in Canada. Please e-mail information, I like to carefully read and study the college that best fit my needs.

kumar in Brampton, Ontario

32 months ago

hi,

Iam also confusing regarding CRA course.Anybody have idea that Oxford is better option or AAPS,b/c humber college also better option in sense of low Fees but seats are limited & Sep intake. so anybody suggest me better option for Clinical Research associate pursue from which college.

Emmy in Toronto, Ontario

32 months ago

E in Princeton, New Jersey said: it is a complete scam. people left and dropped, and the rest of them was driven away by their ridiculous and discriminative final exams. only a few who they (mostly the director herself) like are kept and placed in their own "institute" as instructors and writing fictitious protocols that's never associated with anything in the real world, and the "institute" called it "a paid internship" as their advertisement repeatedly. the salary comes from the tuition of the poor students themselves. the whole thing runs like a parasite, sucking up the money from the students and producing dropouts, fake "certificates" that are not recognized anywhere in the world, and a bunch of useless protocols to be thrown into the trash.

right, you can actually check their trials here:
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=american+scitech
they started putting up trials since mid 2008. two years had passed, none of the trials had even started recruiting. every single trial was postponed again and again, and finally we have come to an end: red "withdrawn". nice try, ASRI. duh!

don't even hope that you can get anything but lies and brazenness to lie out of that place. they are taking advantage of desperate people just like you and me. keep your eyes open. you are warned, just like we were once warned 2 years ago. but the voice was too little to be noticed at that time...

I don't recommend Oxford college.I attend a couple of classes and i felt so bad. Only despered forain trained doctors were there and i felt sorry for them. It was just wasting the time and money. you have to study 13 subjest >>>>What for?
It;s not a collage dioploma program is just certificate...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.