CRA equals "billable hours" to CRO sweat shops who all use "Efficency Rating Scales"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 124)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Burned out CRA in Spokane, Washington

79 months ago

After 18 years as a CRA I just got fired again from a CRO. I was a contractor through a placement agency. The reason the CRO stated was that I was not a good fit. The reasons for my firing the CRO provided the placement agency was that I had serious performance issues. Yet not one person had the courage to tell me what those performance issues were because there were none. However the reasons that I actually got fired was for following the intent of the Federal Regulations and Section 5.18 of the GCPs.

The ethical dilemmas facing skilled and very knowledgeable CRAs are horrendous especially for CRO employed monitors. To win contracts from sponsors the CROs will severely underestimate the time it takes for monitoring to show the sponsor a lower contract bid price. CROs use "efficiency rating scales" to monitor your value to them which is in billable hours. Bottom line is the role of a CRA is not about ensuring the welfare of human subjects and ensuring viable research data it has become a production job where quality does not matter.

My suggestion to all you folks who have taken recent training classes are to forget about the regulations, GCPs, and hoopla that you have just learned. Instead focus upon production source verifying, hurrying through your workday and skipping lunch. Forget about having any sleep schedule, eating schedule, or social life. You can expect to routinely have 8 flights each week, 3 rental cars, and 3 hotels.

If you have the misconception that a CRA is considered a socially valuable position you will only be disappointed. You will become noting but "billable hours" to provide profits to CROs, placement agencies, pharmaceutical firms, and training/certification institutes. Also, for those of you looking to become a CRA the notion of "Total Site Manager" just means that project managers have heaped work on CRAs that could be, and should be, done by in-house staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Lynch in Kansas City, Missouri

79 months ago

Since you are no longer employed and your identity is blocked here..can you illude to which company or companies of which you are speaking?

Thanks for your bravery and speaking out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stefan Viziru in Edmonton, Alberta

79 months ago

Hi Burned out CRA,

sorry for your bad news. Maybe your place was not there anyway if they had such a disgusting attitude. It is very stupid to fire someone with almost 20 years of experience! And after all you have tons of experience nobody can take it from you.

That's the problem with CRA jobs, the great majority of them are field CRAs and only a few are in-house CRAs. It seems that if you have training in this field it is also possible to work in related positions. Do you think that working as Clinical Research Coordinator is a better option than working as a CRA?

Cheers and don't give up!

SV

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Burned Out in Spokane, Washington

79 months ago

Stefan Viziru in Edmonton, Alberta said: Hi Burned out CRA,

sorry for your bad news. Maybe your place was not there anyway if they had such a disgusting attitude. It is very stupid to fire someone with almost 20 years of experience! And after all you have tons of experience nobody can take it from you.

That's the problem with CRA jobs, the great majority of them are field CRAs and only a few are in-house CRAs. It seems that if you have training in this field it is also possible to work in related positions. Do you think that working as Clinical Research Coordinator is a better option than working as a CRA?

Cheers and don't give up!

SV

Hello Linda and Stefan

I really appreciate your responses. I wish there was a good CRA blog where experienced CRAs can expresss their views. The bottom line is the job of a CRA has become one of production instead of quality because the job description has been defined by CROs.

Several years ago I wrote my Master's thesis on the conflict of interest dilemma facing CRAs. Do you report bad study conduct or do you keep your job? Also, there is no where for CRAs to report fraud or study misconduct. CRAs somehow need to take control of the CRA role to accomodate the "intent" of the federal regulations to ensure the welfare of human subjects and to ensure that fraud is not being committed. Experienced CRAs need to develop both a written code of CRA ethics and a CRA Bill of Rights. Many professions such as nursing have these documents. The role of the CRA needs to be redefined by the people who do the work not by efficiency ratings. Do either of you know how this might be accomplished?

For reading about the quality of work from CROs and the problem of production over quality try to get the Applied Clinical Trials article "CRO Model Takes a Hit" from 19 October 2007. This will refer you to a NEJM article.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Linda Lynch in Kansas City, Missouri said: Since you are no longer employed and your identity is blocked here..can you illude to which company or companies of which you are speaking?

Thanks for your bravery and speaking out.

Hello Linda,

I wish I could tell you the name of the CRO because I was told by the recruitment agency that I would get sued for not recommending the CRO as an employer. The recruitment agency just wants to be able to place more folks at the CRO because they make money, therefore, they took sides with the CRO. I can tell you the CRO name starts with a P and is not PPD. I can also tell you that as a contractor, the CRO took 2.5 months to reimburse me for travel expenses. Several times they owed me over $8000.00 in travel expenses and I ran out of money in my business account. Multiple times I begged them to please start paying me back on a more timely manner. They would only respond the check was in the mail. The checks they said were in the mail came 3 weeks later.

This CRO only allocated 50 minutes for the review and completion of questions with the site staff for each study subject. This included subjects who were just enrolled and their medical history needed to be reviewed to confirm the subject met all inclusion critera and no exclusion critera. This CRO expected that 7 subjects, a complete review of the regulatory file, and a complete inventory of the study drugs be inventoried in 1 working day. This is impossible to do with quality. I talked with other CRAs on the team who were all reviewing an average of 4 subjects a day. When the 7 subject expected quota was not met you were in trouble. I was the only CRA that spoke up and expressed a concern about the impossible expectations. The CRO told the recruiter that I was "not willing to met PRODUCTION standards" after they had ended my contract because they said I was "not a good fit" for their company. I wish I could tell you their name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Paraxel seems to be another CRO that's bandied about on this forum. Does it sound familiar?

Anyway, thanks for the eye-opener. It just comes to show that even a job like this is not what you should be expecting from the description. It's happened to me with every job I've taken up so far--all about production and bottom-line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hello David,

Yes I have heard, read, and have worked with Parexel staff that is uncomplimentary to their credibility. Even though I am broke and need a job, I will not accept interviews from Parexel, PPD, or PRA. They are more than happy to get more junior level folks who can be easily molded into believing that the function of a CRA is to be an onsite Data Manager and that efficency ratings are part of the job.

Having said this the CRO that I am referencing in my previous notes who's name started with a P is not Parexel, PPD, or, PRA, because I will not work for them. I was threatened by the recruitment agency that I told any other CRAs that I did not recommend this particular CRO that I would be sued. However, it is just fine for the CRO to slander me by lying to the recruitment company about my abilities. I wish I could give you the company name.

Today, I am trying to find some happiness in simple things. As I write this note I am eating a big bowl of Ben & Jerry ice cream. I think they are the "premier" of ice cream makers. Do you understand what I am saying? Burned Out CRA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Burned Out in Spokane, Washington said: Hello David,

Yes I have heard, read, and have worked with Parexel staff that is uncomplimentary to their credibility. Even though I am broke and need a job, I will not accept interviews from Parexel, PPD, or PRA. They are more than happy to get more junior level folks who can be easily molded into believing that the function of a CRA is to be an onsite Data Manager and that efficency ratings are part of the job.

Having said this the CRO that I am referencing in my previous notes who's name started with a P is not Parexel, PPD, or, PRA, because I will not work for them. I was threatened by the recruitment agency that I told any other CRAs that I did not recommend this particular CRO that I would be sued. However, it is just fine for the CRO to slander me by lying to the recruitment company about my abilities. I wish I could give you the company name.

Today, I am trying to find some happiness in simple things. As I write this note I am eating a big bowl of Ben & Jerry ice cream. I think they are the "premier" of ice cream makers. Do you understand what I am saying? Burned Out CRA

Yeah, I understand, Burned Out CRA. I hope you find something you feel worth doing in the future. I wouldn't want to work for a company that would force me to compromise my integrity either, and I'm still a relatively young fella at 23.

That eliminates most of the well-known CRO's out there, doesn't it? That's a rhetorical question :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

David in Los Angeles, California said: Yeah, I understand, Burned Out CRA. I hope you find something you feel worth doing in the future. I wouldn't want to work for a company that would force me to compromise my integrity either, and I'm still a relatively young fella at 23.

That eliminates most of the well-known CRO's out there, doesn't it? That's a rhetorical question :D

Hello David,

I understand that you do not want an answer to your "rhetorical" question but you are correct, it does eliminate all of the CROs because they all use an efficiency rating scale to determine whether a CRA is useful to them. The current paradigm of the role of the CRA was unfortunately developed by the CROs. The other problem is that the role of a monitor was born out of pharmaceutical companies complying with federal regulations instead of pharmaceutical companies wanting monitors. Without the federal regulations requiring study monitors do you really think that drug companies would spend the money to ensure that investigational sites were adequately conducting their studies? In fact, many of the first monitors were actually sales reps. Studies gave these pseudo-monitors a chance to get into the physicians office.

I am sorry about how new CRAs are being trained. I have spent many hours at clinical research sites "cleaning" them up after CRO trained CRAs have monitored. I have also spent many hours responding to sponsor audit findings at sites that have been monitored by a CRO trained CRA. In particular the PPD trained CRAs seem to have a very peculiar approach to monitoring sites. I can spot a PPD monitored site in a heartbeat. When I cleanup sites behind other monitors I have frequently been berated for finding and reporting significant issues the previous monitored missed. Generally, this is because the previous monitor was revered for their ability to meet the production expectations and has been promoted within the CRO to a project management. Burne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra S in Ellicott City, Maryland

79 months ago

Hahahaaaa!!!! Funny you say that abotu espoir bridge. I doubt that this comopany really exists. I have had the same issues with them, they ask me to contact companies for intervieww and no one ever answers the phone.

Read more here whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/6136865745

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra S in Ellicott City, Maryland

79 months ago

Oh my!!! escuse my typos...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

No name in Edmonton, Alberta

79 months ago

Sandra S in Ellicott City, Maryland said: Hahahaaaa!!!! Funny you say that abotu espoir bridge. I doubt that this comopany really exists. I have had the same issues with them, they ask me to contact companies for intervieww and no one ever answers the phone.

Read more here whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/6136865745

I think Adriana P was right, this is a call center. However, all the more they should answer the phone, right? I tried several times to call them and I just wasted my time and money.

By the way, do you have yahoo messenger?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

No name in Edmonton, Alberta

79 months ago

what thread? remember the name?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Quality Seeker in Massachusetts

79 months ago

Hello, I wanted to thank you for all your posts. Ive never been on this site before and dont usually post messages, but this is the first time Ive heard anyone express some of my own frustrations.. so here I am
I currently work as a Director of a Clinical Operations for a small biotech, but prior to that spent several years as a CRA and then Clinical Project Manager
In 2005 I was working as a global CPM for one of the large CROs (No "P" in the name!), and had done extremely well in this role..that is until they started seriously underbidding on proposals. I ended up being allocated to multiple projects at 20-25% each, where in reality it should have been three times as much. Of course the client complianed about me not getting things done.
I wasnt fired, but my self confidence took a serious beating through negative performance evaulations, and general lack of support. I simply wasnt following the party line and eventually it became intolerable for me to be there..so I left.
I still butt heads with people who just dont get how much work it is to run a trial, or that regulations arent supposed to be adhered to selectively!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

sorry, hit reply too soon.

As someone who now hires..and just in fact fired 2 CROs for incompetence, Im struggling to find individuals who actually know what theyre doing...even the so called experienced ones. dont ever compromise what youre doing..there is someone out there who will appreciate your value and skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Went to a state school for my BA, and started as CRA Assistant...quite a few years ago..and over time grew into various positions. When hiring CRAs, I personally place little if any value on the various and sundry CRA certifications, and degrees in clinical investigation.. Theres nothing wrong with them, but they are no substitute for experience..if both are there then thats great
I was at one time certified as a CRA, but I already had the experience that I was trying to complement. It seems that these days its more common to not have experience, but just the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aspiring CRA in Brantford, Ontario

79 months ago

Hi,

I have a master's in Molecular biology and thinking of going into clinical research. I have a strong molecular background, but no clinical background. hence, thinking of doing a certification course to become a CRA. However, after reading all the comments on this forum about how excruciating the job of a CRA is and how the CRO treats you at job, i am a little apprehensive about this career. My question is
1. is the CRA job very stressful?
2.are you really a mere puppet at the hand's of the CRO?
3.do all CRA have to travel?
4. do all CRO's have these unrealistic expectation from a CRA..is that the general trend in the industry?
5. what advice would you give to some one who is a novice in this field?

thanks in advance to all..

Ren

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay Chantlos in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

To All,

As a recruiter for Kforce Clinical Research Staffing everything I have read on this forum is not NEW news and is something I hear everyday from candidates. The struggles that folks face in the CRO world is very unfortunate and it is a shame that you are not valued more. I was curious to see what your thoughts are of my company and if you view us as a staffing firm in the same light as a CRO. Please be honest and if you are unfamiliar with Kforce I would be pleased to let you know more about us and the way we conduct business and value our employees.

Regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadia F in Spring, Texas

79 months ago

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone has anything positive or negative to say about Quintiles. I have a face-to-face interview with them this week as a Regional CRA.

Thank you,
Nadia

tati in Bethesda, Maryland

79 months ago

This is the first time in this forum and I found it very interesting

79 months ago

Hey Nadia,

would it be all right to let me know what your impressions of the in-person interview is like? I'm thinking about applying to Quintiles myself, but as a CTA, since I've no clinical monitoring experience to speak of. My e-mail is shadow84@mailpanda.com. Thanks.

As for comments, I have not seen any direct comments, but I have seen a statement implying that it wasn't such a good place to work for.

79 months ago

Nadia,

I was curious to know if they let you know what sponsored trials you would be assigned to.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Praveena in Riverview, Florida

79 months ago

hi,

I am looking for entry level positions in clinical research field from tampa, Fl. I have done my masters in medical sciences. I have very little experience in the research field and i have received a training certificate for Clinical Research professionals from NIH.

Could anyone please guide me how to ptoceed further and mail me any openings for entry level.

thanks

SwissHam in Delaware

79 months ago

Praveena in Riverview, Florida said: hi,

I am looking for entry level positions in clinical research field from tampa, Fl. I have done my masters in medical sciences. I have very little experience in the research field and i have received a training certificate for Clinical Research professionals from NIH.

Could anyone please guide me how to ptoceed further and mail me any openings for entry level.

thanks

Hey Praveena,

There is good news and bad news to this: You seem very overqualified to start at a beginner position, but it is probably the only way to get in to the industry. It was very very difficult to get in to the industry, but the good news is that once you get in, you are really set. You say you live down in Tampa? I would say start with the CROs - I know ICON Clinical has a place down there and they are looking for Clinical Research Assistants (i just looked on their website). They say that you can expect to move up to a CRA within 6-12 months of begininng that role, and I would hope with you education it would be closer to 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Praveena in Riverview, Florida

79 months ago

Hi SwissHam,

Thank You. I have applied in ICON and spoke to the HR specialist. She said that there are no openings now. The Jobs which are posted in their website will open only in late august or september of this year.

Stefan Viziru in Edmonton, Alberta

79 months ago

"It was very very difficult to get in to the industry, but the good news is that once you get in, you are really set".

Yeah, SwissHam is perfectly right, the first Clinical Research job is the hardest to get. And I hear that song "you are too overqualified" too often. They afraid people will leave them later but don't seem to understand in our times anybody leaves when he/she gets a better paid job. So the point is to pay accordingly, othwerwise they lose people.

I am more and more depressed, today I applied for the 201st position (!!). I have less and less confidence, without networking probably it is very very difficult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadia F in Spring, Texas

79 months ago

David in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Nadia,

would it be all right to let me know what your impressions of the in-person interview is like? I'm thinking about applying to Quintiles myself, but as a CTA, since I've no clinical monitoring experience to speak of. My e-mail is shadow84@mailpanda.com. Thanks.

As for comments, I have not seen any direct comments, but I have seen a statement implying that it wasn't such a good place to work for.

Hi David,

My overall thoughts of Quintiles was very positive. The interview was very intense. I was in a room with 3 very experienced and highly qualified people for almost 2 hrs. They asked me very industry specific and detailed questions. The Regional CRA role is an investment that needs to be productive constantly. I am waiting anxiously for them to call me. Tell me what you are doing these days !

Thanks,
Nadia

Interviewing for regional CRA in Colorado Springs, Colorado

79 months ago

Does anyone have comments about the company Theradex?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks for the info, Nadia. These days, I'm just trying to keep myself afloat at my day job as a clinical laboratory assistant while also trying to find employment to break into the industry on the side.

anonymous in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

Hello Burned Out, I hear you on these issues, and as a nurse with an interest in public health and safety, I would encourage any monitor to report such violations (violations of the intent of the Federal Regulations and Section 5.18 of the GCPs) to the appropriate governing bodies - the FDA and to the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), maybe? Perhaps I am naive to think this would be effective, but if I were in your shoes, I would feel a sense of duty to report such violations (in detail) to the higher authorities.

Burned Out in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Linda and Stefan

I really appreciate your responses. I wish there was a good CRA blog where experienced CRAs can expresss their views. The bottom line is the job of a CRA has become one of production instead of quality because the job description has been defined by CROs.

Several years ago I wrote my Master's thesis on the conflict of interest dilemma facing CRAs. Do you report bad study conduct or do you keep your job? Also, there is no where for CRAs to report fraud or study misconduct. CRAs somehow need to take control of the CRA role to accomodate the "intent" of the federal regulations to ensure the welfare of human subjects and to ensure that fraud is not being committed. Experienced CRAs need to develop both a written code of CRA ethics and a CRA Bill of Rights. Many professions such as nursing have these documents. The role of the CRA needs to be redefined by the people who do the work not by efficiency ratings. Do either of you know how this might be accomplished?

For reading about the quality of work from CROs and the problem of production over quality try to get the Applied Clinical Trials article "CRO Model Takes a Hit" from 19 October 2007. This will refer you to a NEJM article.

anonymous in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

... fired was for following the intent of the Federal Regulations and Section 5.18 of the GCPs.

good powerpoint from FDA's CDER:
www.fda.gov/cder/audiences/iact/forum/200704_lewin.pdf

L N in Clearwater, Florida

78 months ago

Yes I too am trying to break into the field of clinical research. I have a PhD, Oncology Postdoctoral experience and of this April a BSN. Yes I feel I have applied for over 202 jobs! I am currently interning with a hospital-based coordinator and with my research background...the terms are rather old hat and know my scientific foundation has primed me for a CRA position...but all the CRA jobs require the "2 years experience".."certification"...etc. Those of us coming from laboratory-based positions, such as oncology, have knowlege of GCPs, SOP, IRB, etc..we write grants. Are we not qualified? Now I have the clinical...a BSN...thus feeling very qualified. I read the Espoir Bridges comment..lol..yes nobody answers the phone and they push the $1500 clinical training course. Who is hiring for entry level? I feel very discouraged and should just return to the bench to generate the data that eventually gets sent to the CRO for Phase I.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

S. Isbill in Trenton, New Jersey

78 months ago

I interviewed with PPD several years ago. They had no position for me and I did not like their policies. I am now consulting part-time and making 3x what PPD would have paid me.

beth in Solihull, United Kingdom said: PPD is currently running a trainee recruitment programme worth investigating. I come from an identical background like yourself and I have just been employed by PPD due to start in April.
Good luck

78 months ago

Section 5.18 is part of ICH compliance with which is not a regulatory requirement in the U.S. FDA never looks at ICH compliance. FDA is only interested in U.S. regulatory requirements (21 CFR 312,812,50,54 etc.). The only time you need to look at ICH compliance is when the study sponsor wants to do a clinical trial in the U.S. and use that data for product approval outside the U.S. mysite.verizon.net/sisbill1/gcp.htm

anonymous in Richmond, Virginia said: Hello Burned Out, I hear you on these issues, and as a nurse with an interest in public health and safety, I would encourage any monitor to report such violations (violations of the intent of the Federal Regulations and Section 5.18 of the GCPs) to the appropriate governing bodies - the FDA and to the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), maybe? Perhaps I am naive to think this would be effective, but if I were in your shoes, I would feel a sense of duty to report such violations (in detail) to the higher authorities.

Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina

78 months ago

L.

Try applying with Quintiles. I have been with them for 4 years and I absolutely will not work anywhere else as a Sr. CRA. Quintiles has an excellent entry level training course. Go to www.quintiles.com.

Unk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Dear Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina

I do clinical trial consulting work for Quintiles. The only problem I have with Quintiles is that they require that I carry error and omission insurance which costs about $1128 per year and they don't assign enough work to justify the insurance cost.

sisbill1@verizon.net

Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina said: L.

Try applying with Quintiles. I have been with them for 4 years and I absolutely will not work anywhere else as a Sr. CRA. Quintiles has an excellent entry level training course. Go to www.quintiles.com.

Unk

Elizabeth in Charleston, South Carolina

78 months ago

Can anyone help with names of CRO's in Canada. Thanks

78 months ago

Hi S.

I am not a contractor so they do not require that of their employees. Contractors have different requirements. I know that Quintiles is moving away from using contractors, however I know quite a few of them that are working on projects with the "Q" full-time.

I guess the insurance requirement is one of the issues a contractor must deal with.

Unk

78 months ago

Elisabeth:

All the big U.S. CROs have Canadian CRAs. Go to their website and you should be able to find a regional position in Canada. I know Quintiles has a huge Canadian office in Ville St-Laurent Quebec. However they probably have a home-based position available. Go to www.quintiles.com and click on Jobs and filter for Canadian positions.

Good luck.
Unk

78 months ago

L N in Clearwater, Florida said: Yes I too am trying to break into the field of clinical research. I have a PhD, Oncology Postdoctoral experience and of this April a BSN. Yes I feel I have applied for over 202 jobs! I am currently interning with a hospital-based coordinator and with my research background...the terms are rather old hat and know my scientific foundation has primed me for a CRA position...but all the CRA jobs require the "2 years experience".."certification"...etc. Those of us coming from laboratory-based positions, such as oncology, have knowlege of GCPs, SOP, IRB, etc..we write grants. Are we not qualified? Now I have the clinical...a BSN...thus feeling very qualified. I read the Espoir Bridges comment..lol..yes nobody answers the phone and they push the $1500 clinical training course. Who is hiring for entry level? I feel very discouraged and should just return to the bench to generate the data that eventually gets sent to the CRO for Phase I.

L.
You seem be have a lot of education that is valuable. I would go to the quintiles website and see if there are any more entry level CRA positions open, I saw 2 last week. However I would think you are qualified to work as a Medical Writer, for which I have seen positions posted on the quintiles website as well.

Good luck,
Unk

Disillusioned in Colorado Springs, Colorado

77 months ago

Jay Chantlos in Tampa, Florida said: To All,

As a recruiter for Kforce Clinical Research Staffing everything I have read on this forum is not NEW news and is something I hear everyday from candidates. The struggles that folks face in the CRO world is very unfortunate and it is a shame that you are not valued more. I was curious to see what your thoughts are of my company and if you view us as a staffing firm in the same light as a CRO. Please be honest and if you are unfamiliar with Kforce I would be pleased to let you know more about us and the way we conduct business and value our employees.

Regards

Jay, I am very disappointed with K-Force. Every since last November when I was working with a recruiter there I've been told there are companies that will train, will get me in, etc. I have yet to hear anything and it's now almost May. I've emailed my "recruiter" and several times have to keep emailing until I get a response. I don't think it's right to tell people that you know companies that will train and get you in the door and then hear nothing, and I also don't think it's right to have to keep emailing until you get a response.

77 months ago

Disillusioned,

I sincerely apologize for the way you were treated and the lack of response you received from your recruiter. Please contact me and let me know the recruiter you have been working with so we can get to the bottom of this. I want to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future and you have a clear understanding of the opportunities that we have. If you can email me at jchantlos@kforce.com I will respond to you by the end of the day.

Regards,
Jay Chantlos
Market Manager
Kforce Clinical Research

Suzanne in Thousand Oaks, California

76 months ago

David in Los Angeles, California said: Yeah, I understand, Burned Out CRA. I hope you find something you feel worth doing in the future. I wouldn't want to work for a company that would force me to compromise my integrity either, and I'm still a relatively young fella at 23.

Hello -

I am an executive recruiter and wanted to reach out to this group regarding a few key Sr CRA opportunities in the NoCal area. I would enjoy the opportunity to share the details further and learn if you, or someone you know, would be interested to explore them further. Please feel free to contact me directly. I would like to remain a valuable resource for your career pursuits. Thank you.

Warm regards,
Suzanne Fazalare, Principal
The Fazalare Consulting Group
sfazalare@adelphia.net
www.linkedin.com/pub/1/993/59a

CRAconsultant in Saratoga, California

76 months ago

S. Isbill in Trenton, New Jersey said: Dear Unk in Morrisville, North Carolina

I do clinical trial consulting work for Quintiles. The only problem I have with Quintiles is that they require that I carry error and omission insurance which costs about $1128 per year and they don't assign enough work to justify the insurance cost.

sisbill1@verizon.net

I am a consultant of 10 years. I took off the last year to move my family from TX to CA. I have been looking for contract work for the last 2 months with no results. I was wondering if you would provide a contact name at Quintiles? I am only intersted in consulting. Thanks for any information.

I-Med Placement Services in Syracuse, New York

76 months ago

CRAconsultant,

I have an opportunity in New York City, would you be intersted?

CRAconsultant in Saratoga, California

76 months ago

I am looking for regional contract work in the state of CA. Thanks bwhiting@researchmonitoringservices.com

Suzanne in Thousand Oaks, California

75 months ago

I am recruiting for a few full-time opportunities in NoCal area. If you would like to review them further, please contact me at sfazalare@adelphia.net and share the best time/day to talk further. I look forward to speaking to you and any other interested professionals.

Warm regards,
Suzanne Fazalare
Executive Recruiter

anonymous clinical worker

75 months ago

Hi Suzanne,

I know what CRO you probably worked for that started with P. I just was laid off from my job with them. They really work CRAs to death and their systems are really crazy. I worked for many years with this company and its only gotten worse year after year. I am glad I am out of there. They really throw everything on the CRA including administrative tasks.

75 months ago

Dear anonymous clinical worker ,

I am sorry to hear that you are no longer with your most recent company but from what I have heard in the industry that can be viewed as a positive thing. If you are interested in exclusive monitoring opportunities with TOP pharmaceutical companies please let me know.

Jay Chantlos
Market Manager
Kforce Clinical Research
jchantlos@kforce.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha in Toronto, Ontario

75 months ago

Hello. I am going to take on-line courses as CRA. Does anybody know something about KRG? They provide different courses as CRA, data management etc. on-line. Is it possible to study this and than to get job after completing on-line courses? Thanks a lot

Natasha

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.