Getting Bites?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Merry Legs in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

I have my master's degree and two years monitoring experience with an academic institution. However, my resume' doesn't seem to be getting any bites. Any advice for those of us that want to get into the industry? I don't think I will mind the travel too much.

Does anyone have any sample CRA resumes' that I can look over?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

Merry Legs in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have my master's degree and two years monitoring experience with an academic institution. However, my resume' doesn't seem to be getting any bites. Any advice for those of us that want to get into the industry? I don't think I will mind the travel too much.

Does anyone have any sample CRA resumes' that I can look over?

Hi Merry,

Right now the industry is hiring like crazy and between linked in and my resume posted on a job site, I am getting at least one call a week from recruiters.

Often the issue with hiring academic CRAs is that they do not travel as often as industry CRAs. I would suggest that you include a passage in your resume that states something like, "Willing and able to accommodate frequent domestics and international business travel." The life of a industry-based CRA is one that requires 80% travel- especially in those first few years. Don't say you 'wouldn't mind' the travel- instead I suggest that you enthusiastically accept it. (Only if it's the truth, that is)

If you post a de-identified version of your resume (none of your personal information, no company names), I would be glad to provide a critique.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Merry Legs in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hi Merry,

Right now the industry is hiring like crazy and between linked in and my resume posted on a job site, I am getting at least one call a week from recruiters.

Often the issue with hiring academic CRAs is that they do not travel as often as industry CRAs. I would suggest that you include a passage in your resume that states something like, "Willing and able to accommodate frequent domestics and international business travel." The life of a industry-based CRA is one that requires 80% travel- especially in those first few years. Don't say you 'wouldn't mind' the travel- instead I suggest that you enthusiastically accept it. (Only if it's the truth, that is)

If you post a de-identified version of your resume (none of your personal information, no company names), I would be glad to provide a critique.

I would love to! Can you please forward me your contact information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.