CRA Workload

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

PC86 in Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Hello fellow CRAs,
I was hoping to get some insight as to the workload at other companies. I am currently working at a smaller CRO and am considering switching companies. It would be really helpful to me if anyone could share their company's atmosphere. I'm trying to get a feel for how much CRAs work at other CROs compared to my company. If anyone would be willing to share their experience with me, I'd really appreciate it. Mainly, I'm interested in knowing how many protocols you're working on, how many sites per protocol, and how often monitoring visits are done. Thanks in advanced for your time and comments and safe travels!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I work for one of the large CROs in a senior CRA role.

Currently, I am on a large study (just one protocol) with 18 sites on a 13-week monitoring schedule.

anonymous in Farmington, Michigan

15 months ago

PC86 in Pennsylvania said: Hello fellow CRAs,
I was hoping to get some insight as to the workload at other companies. I am currently working at a smaller CRO and am considering switching companies. It would be really helpful to me if anyone could share their company's atmosphere. I'm trying to get a feel for how much CRAs work at other CROs compared to my company. If anyone would be willing to share their experience with me, I'd really appreciate it. Mainly, I'm interested in knowing how many protocols you're working on, how many sites per protocol, and how often monitoring visits are done. Thanks in advanced for your time and comments and safe travels!

I work for a large CRO as a Sr CRA. I have 8 protocols and about 22 sites (not sure at this point). The visit schedules are all different. in the past, I have tried to schedule visits for 1-2 days per week. Sometimes that is a 2 day visit, and sometimes it is 2 separate visits. At this CRO, I have had to be on site 3-4 days per week, and lots of last-minute visits and visit rescheduling due to the CRO's methods of scheduling. Total workload is about 60 hours a week, more or less. It is too many hours and I'm not at all happy with the situation. I am planning on leaving very soon since there has been no end to this kind of a schedule since i started with this group. Most people need more from life than constant work, and you will find that when a CRO pushes its CRAs like this, there tends to be a very high turnover. The sites that i have inherited have not been audit-ready, and I have had to spend a lot of extra time on educating the CRCs on site. Work-life balance is important to me these days, and i do not want to work more than 50 hours per week, ever. if it means that i leave the CRA world, so be it! i'm ready.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.