Interested in CRA career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

laura in Hollywood, Florida

16 months ago

I have a bachelors in Biology, I am taking graduate courses in the biomedical field, but I dont think I will be getting the masters.

My question is: who should/could I talk to about this field to know what should I do to land a job...

Please advice me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in East Hartford, Connecticut

16 months ago

Hi Laura,

The CRA position is a mid-career position, not one that you can pursue as your first job in the industry. I would suggest looking into CTA, CRC or research associate jobs for 2-3 years and then work on making the transition to CRA.

laura in Hollywood, Florida

16 months ago

Thanks for your response, but how to be a CTA or CRC when either way they ask for yearS of experience?

Wendy

16 months ago

Apply anyway. There are plenty of CRC and CTA employers willing to give you a shot as long as you have a Bachelor's of Science and some basic experience in school volunteering or working in a medical job on the side.

This is the biggest catch-22 out there. Even entry level job postings will want you to have experience. After a few years as a CRC you'll encounter the same thing when you want to be a CRA... Then after 5-10 years of being a CRA, you'll encounter the same thing when you want to be a clinical trial manager and then again if you want to go into project management or into being an executive. You just need to find someone willing to give you a chance and make good connections.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.