Looking to break into a CRA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Sean M in Marlton, New Jersey

79 months ago

Hello,

I'm currently finishing my first year in a PhD program, but am quickly discovering that bench research is not where I want to be for the rest of my life. I'm looking to get into a CRA position in the south/central Jersey or Philadelphia area, but I have zero experience in clinical monitoring. With the exception of the experience, I feel that I would be a very good CRA. I've worked in a cGMP/cGLP environment, and I have a strong analytical background, good communication skills and basically a love of learning; so jumping into a CRA and learning as I go would not be a difficult prospect for me.

I have a BS in biotechnology, and completed one year of a PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.

Anybody know of a place where I can start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SwissHam in Newark, Delaware

79 months ago

You are in a very good place being in the New Jersey and Philly area...There are a ton of big pharma, biotechs and CROs in your area.
With you PhD you may feel over qualified at first, but it will be a good degree to have once you progress up the ladder.
The best place to begin is at the bottom... If your goal is to be a CRA then best place to look is at a CRO... Look for a position like a clinical research assistant.. This role will help introduce you to clinical research... You should be promoted to a CRA between 6 months and a year.

Good luck,
Chris

Sean M in Marlton, New Jersey said: Hello,

I'm currently finishing my first year in a PhD program, but am quickly discovering that bench research is not where I want to be for the rest of my life. I'm looking to get into a CRA position in the south/central Jersey or Philadelphia area, but I have zero experience in clinical monitoring. With the exception of the experience, I feel that I would be a very good CRA. I've worked in a cGMP/cGLP environment, and I have a strong analytical background, good communication skills and basically a love of learning; so jumping into a CRA and learning as I go would not be a difficult prospect for me.

I have a BS in biotechnology, and completed one year of a PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.

Anybody know of a place where I can start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nitin Bansal in Sydney, Australia

79 months ago

Your qualifications r 100% matched to wat is reqd to make an entry in CR field. But I also recommend u here to do some training courses on CR & ICH-GCP to add weightage in ur CV.
And always remember it is the industry where xprnc matters more !!

Wish u all the Luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

simon in Hackensack, New Jersey

78 months ago

hi

i m simon . completed my masters in life science.i m interested in pursuing PhD in clinical research assocites.....i just wanna to know that is there any uni in USA.who carry on PhD in CRA..pl..reply me

regards,
simon

suneetha kambampati in Corona, New York

77 months ago

hii..im suneetha doing my masters in biotechnology at new york....the thing is im international student..am i eligible for the american scitech institute to get into that for CRA...

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon

74 months ago

Hello All,

My name is Gaurav and I will be completing my PhD in Pharmacology. I wanted to shift from basic research to clinical research and looking for clinical trials management/clincial research associate as one of the good options for me. Can anybody suggest me how can I enter into this industry considering the fact that I will be needing H1 visa.

Pooja Shah in Hayward, California

71 months ago

Is there anybody who can provide training to Dentist (BDS) from India
in the CRA field? I am interested in this field? Does anybody help in filing H1B for people wo are on H4?

Thanks!

Naren in Sheffield, United Kingdom

70 months ago

suneetha kambampati in Corona, New York said: hii..im suneetha doing my masters in biotechnology at new york....the thing is im international student..am i eligible for the american scitech institute to get into that for CRA...

Hi suneetha,
I am Naren from UK. I did ma masters in molecular medicine. Is the course in American Scitech leads to job in clinical research. Please reply me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Njoh MANDENGUE in Tours, France

69 months ago

Hello Vidu,
I'm new here and I find this forum quite interesting. I currently work for PAREXEL International in France as a Centralized Monitoring Associate and I'm actually planning on moving to the US. I am looking for a CRA I job or/and CRA training. I'm highly interested by the american scitech institute.
Could you please help me with this or give some advises ?
Thank you in advance
Njoh

Frank in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Njoh:
Michigan State University offers a Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course that is completely online. It is a graduate level course that is very well done. Here's the link: nursing.msu.edu/cracrc.aspx They do offer a bit of job search assistance.

Employers love to see an accredited university on your resume, rather than some for-profit institute. Make sure you thoroughly research whatever training you choose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hemal in Jersey City, New Jersey

68 months ago

i m doin M.S. in Pharmacology. and i am international student.
I am planning to take CRA training and find a job and then get h1b.
is any one available who can give me training and file h1b

is it true that if you r not citizen or green card holder of USA then you can not job as CRA?????

Please email me on hemal_9876@yahoo.co.in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suvarna in Union, New Jersey

68 months ago

hemal in Jersey City, New Jersey said: i m doin M.S. in Pharmacology. and i am international student.
I am planning to take CRA training and find a job and then get h1b.
is any one available who can give me training and file h1b

is it true that if you r not citizen or green card holder of USA then you can not job as CRA?????

Please email me on hemal_9876@yahoo.co.in

Hi hemal,
I am also a International student and trying to get CRA training and H1 done. I have heard from my friends that there is an institute in piscataway NJ which gives you training in CRA and also they sponsor H1. the name of the institute is american scitech something. why dont you search and try to contact them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aditi in Piscataway, New Jersey

67 months ago

Hello Michelle,

I am looking to get into the CRO industry, and wanted some further advice on American Scitech institue. Also i wanted to know how was the course format along with job oppurtunities.

Thanks Aditi

Sanket in Jericho, New York

67 months ago

@ Aditi
I can give you info on American Scitech since i have my firend of myne who has alredy oined the insititute.

Jeba in Fords, New Jersey

65 months ago

Hi,
I am doing final year(5th year) Phd(Biotechnology) program in India, I will be getting Phd at the end of this year. How to find the H1B Visa sponser for biotech scientist post.

Thanks
Jeba

Janaki in Mississauga, Ontario

64 months ago

I am in toronto Canada, Canadian citizen. I have PHD in pharmacology and Regulatory Affairs program from Humber college, Toronto. Work expereince as RA associate and Project Leader for over 6 years in Pahrma and Biotech industries, Canada. I am interested in moving to Clinical Research. When is the next start date and what will be the salary structure for CRA at entry level.

deepika in Bangalore, India

62 months ago

Pooja Shah in Hayward, California said: Is there anybody who can provide training to Dentist (BDS) from India
in the CRA field? I am interested in this field? Does anybody help in filing H1B for people wo are on H4?

Thanks!

HI Pooja,

Sydney, Australia

17 months ago

Your qualifications r 100% matched to wat is reqd to make an entry in CR field. But I also recommend u here to do some training courses on CR & ICH-GCP to add weightage in ur CV.
And always remember it is the industry where xprnc matters more !! contact me at bangalore1@cliniminds.com or visit our website www.cliniminds.com

cranewbienetwork in Detroit, Michigan

61 months ago

If anyone is interested in information on training and other resources for those with little or no experience and looking to become a CRA, please check out and join the new site CRA Newbie Network at www.cranetwork.ning.com.

There are not many resources for the non-experienced CRA on the web and this site aims to help:) Thanks and good luck.

GreyWall in Yonkers, New York

54 months ago

Devang in Toronto, Ontario said: hi Hitesh,
i am in toronto canada right now and this course in your institute looks good to me. i am working in basic research rightnow but want to step in to Clinical Research. can you guide me from where should i start.

Devang.

Scitech gives internship for 400/ month to interns.
You get the diploma if you complete thd 6 month internship
so they they charge 4500. you correct papers and exams. Give
lectures and Your pay 2400 for 6 months
good scheme!!!
why don't you call hitesh and find out.
The training is 8 months not 6
they suspended my class because they were missing paper
from their printer.
American Scitech is a fraud

Hitesh in Lodi, New Jersey

54 months ago

GreyWall in Yonkers, New York said: Scitech gives internship for 400/ month to interns.
You get the diploma if you complete thd 6 month internship
so they they charge 4500. you correct papers and exams. Give
lectures and Your pay 2400 for 6 months
good scheme!!!
why don't you call hitesh and find out.
The training is 8 months not 6
they suspended my class because they were missing paper
from their printer.
American Scitech is a fraud

American Scitech has lost all their projects, the internship is cancelled. They're going bankrupt!
I have left the institue because they were not able to pay me the money. most of the students and partners they're working with sued her. I advise you do any kind of class training not online but find something else. they have come down to stealing money from employees now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hitesh in Lodi, New Jersey

54 months ago

Devang in Toronto, Ontario said: hi Hitesh,
i am in toronto canada right now and this course in your institute looks good to me. i am working in basic research rightnow but want to step in to Clinical Research. can you guide me from where should i start.

Devang.

i would advise you to go somewhere else for the training. American Scitech is turning into a fraud. they have cancelled internship and they are just down to stealing money. I am upset at the fact that they were not able to pay me due to money problems they are having. They're having to leave the building that they are located in because they didnt pay rent.

Carrie B. in Cary, North Carolina

53 months ago

Keep in mind, there are only a limited number of professional organizations that provides industry-recognized certification for CRAs. The only accredited certifying agency is ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) which issues the CCRA title- The 'certifications' that training companies provide are NOT transferrable and NOT recognized by outside agencies.

You should do your research about an institution's accreditation with a recognized accrediting agency (like the National Commission for Certifying Agencies or the same type of agency that accredits universities). Never waste your money on a degree or certification that isn't recognized by outside agencies.

Patricia

53 months ago

"To All Pharmaceutical Companies" Please give us advice about how to get the 2 years experience in monitoring alwyas requested to land as a CRA. We need somebody too trust us and give us a chance in an Entry Level. Thanks!

Sam in North Bergen, New Jersey

52 months ago

Beware of the training offered by American Scitech. This section is for jobs only yet they continuosly put their ads here.
They charge 4500 for a course and promise you an internship. Their CRO is a sham just like their training. Their instructors know nothing and one of them barely speaks English. NJ DOE dosent recognize them as a training provider. They have the recent graduates work on grading student papers and give lectures for $400/ month "STIPEND". Their get frequent visits by the DOL cause of segregation and bias. Read the comments about them on indeed.com. They don't offer grants.... Try filling out a fafsa and see if they recognize this school. All instructors were previous students. The exams have too many mistakes and some questions and lectures are plagerized from online sources. If uf z student there check to see that all lectures that the butterball ratna CEO gives you will find online

American Scitech is a total fraud. Their cro has been in existence for theee years and on the home page of their CRO website they claim to have 17 years of clinical experience. Due to the lack of money and expetise in the field no one protocol of theirs recruited any subjects and were surrendered. no company is ready to get involved with them. The directors are fraud and Can barely speak English. They constantly get visits by the DOL cause they can't pay their staff on time. They were sued by their landlords at 15 corporate pl S. They couldn't pay rent and have to leave the building by august 2010. All the business partners sued the Ceo ,ratna Grewal whose office smells like cat pee.
RATNA GREWAL is a FRAUD!!!!!!!!
She is running a hoax. And stealing peoples money. They won't even give you the certificate after you finish. Ask some of the students going there about the place. You can't run 5 trials with 5 employees in all.
If needed email me for a copy of any of the fraudulent protocols they claim to be working on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Edison, New Jersey

52 months ago

Thats true Monish, I was there for open house.They have developed excellent course materials.I have signed up for the couse.

kunal_shah2411 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

Melissa in Edison, New Jersey said: Thats true Monish, I was there for open house.They have developed excellent course materials.I have signed up for the couse.

Hello Melissa,

After reading lot of posts on Indeed.com for different agency who claims to provide training and internship in Clinical research... I am afraid to join any of them and loose my money and time... american, sci tech, clinwell... etc... You said that you have attended the open house.. how did you feel at first site... was it comfortable and legitimate..?? If they claim to give students a internship at clinical trial site.. which clinical trial site they are affiliated to..?? or I have also witnessed on this forum that people who are posting here are also one of institute's people I am really afraid....

What is the price for training and schedule?

Thank you

kunal

rishi in Jersey City, New Jersey

52 months ago

course material is not important.
any one can get plenty of informations from clinicaltrials.gov
you and every one makes material from this website because it is a bible for USFDA.

question is about marketing and job availability.most of the compnies who give training they just run on fees from students. they do not care after you took training

and for CRA cirtification it atleast needs 2 years of authentic experience so do not trap with any kind of crooks. first search about CRA cirtification requirement and then think

go to Rutgers university do not trust on Indian Crooks. i have lost my 1500 usd in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Piscataway, New Jersey

45 months ago

hi hitesh,
I actually took the CRA course for American Scitech. I've been suspicious about the school and I'm wondering if I'm really getting anything from it. I finished all the module exams and practicals but they can't seem to get my interview scheduled. It's been two months now since I finished the course. I don't know what's going on anymore.

Karen in Piscataway, New Jersey

45 months ago

Hitesh in Lodi, New Jersey said: i would advise you to go somewhere else for the training. American Scitech is turning into a fraud. they have cancelled internship and they are just down to stealing money. I am upset at the fact that they were not able to pay me due to money problems they are having. They're having to leave the building that they are located in because they didnt pay rent.

Hi Hitesh,
I remember you from the first month I took the course. You left the company and I wondered why. I actually finished the course in December and im supposed to get an internship. However, they have been so hard to reach lately and can't seem to schedule my oral exam. I just want to know what else you know about the school. I'm concerned that I won't get my certificate. I don't know what's going on anymore.

good advisor in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

45 months ago

hi guys,
one of my school mate has a friend who was working at the school that you have mentioned.

so he said do not join this course as they will not help you for finding job. they will just take your 4000 usd for nothing.

and there is no value of any certificate from institutes like this.

CRA certification exam is most authentic. and for its eligibility you must have experience of some years.

good luck

CJAA in Bogotá, Colombia

45 months ago

Hey!

I just wanted to know, how difficult is to apply for being a CRA in the USA, I have been in clinical research on the data management of clinical trials for 3 years, but I would like to move on as a CRA, however since I have no experience as CRA itself it seems its really hard to find a job opportunity, does someone know any CRO with a job opportunity to start on this field? also any company that hires international people??

Job Opening in Austin, Texas

44 months ago

For all of you hoping to get a job as a CRA, I got an email from one of the big CRO's today. The economy must be coming back because they've posted openings for CTA (Clinical Trial Assistant) and Project Assistant (PA) jobs. The CTA position is how you get the 2 years experience in order to get your first CRA job.

Hope this helps!

CJAA in Bogotá, Colombia

44 months ago

Hi,

Thanks for the information do you have any e-mailof contact or something?. I you have any information I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

H. Jani in Teaneck, New Jersey

37 months ago

Karen in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Hi Hitesh,
I remember you from the first month I took the course. You left the company and I wondered why. I actually finished the course in December and im supposed to get an internship. However, they have been so hard to reach lately and can't seem to schedule my oral exam. I just want to know what else you know about the school. I'm concerned that I won't get my certificate. I don't know what's going on anymore.

Hey Karen, as I don't check these post's much. If you still haven't gotten them I might be able to help. Jani7i8@yahoo.com. Email me.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.