Career Change Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Mgarci17 in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

Hi,

Has anyone ever completed this CRA training program www.cra-training.com? I wanted to get some feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Juliet Reiter in Bridgewater, New Jersey

79 months ago

Mgarci17 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi,

Has anyone ever completed this CRA training program www.cra-training.com? I wanted to get some feedback.

Yes, I did in Sept. 2006. I was able to get a good entry-level job with a pharma shortly after I completed the course. The instructors are knowledgeable, and the material is current and is what you'll need to get started in clinical research. I recommend the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica U. in Madison, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Hi!

Actually I took this course in October a couple of years ago and it was really really informative and helpful. In fact, in a couple of months I am going to quit my nursing job and do research monitoring full time! Jill the creator of the course is so incredibly invested in each of her students. She set me up with my first job and I am still working for her today. I believe that this course is probably the closest thing that you can get to field experience without actually working on a study. I would definitely recommend that you take this course. Good luck!

Mgarci17 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fairy in Teningen, Germany

79 months ago

did somebody make a training course with Kriger international ....does it bring something finally to get a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks for your comments Jessica and Juliet. What were you guys working in before you got into clinical research? I am a career changer trying to break into the industry so want to get as much training as possible. In the fall I'll be moving to San Diego as well so hopefully, this training will get my foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zizi in Germany

79 months ago

did somebody make a training course with Kriger international ....does it bring something finally to get a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica U in Madison, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Hi Mgarci,
I have been a RN for 5 years now. I just got burned out in that field and was looking for a change. I heard about clinical research monitoring from my sister in law who happened to stumble into the field. My medical background helps, but you certainly do not need to have a medical background or be a RN to be a CRA. The toughest part of this job is breaking into the industry because no one wants to hire someone without research experience. It is a really unique job. That is why Jill's class is so important. Not only is it really educational, but it also gives you that break that you need in order to join this industry. Jill has been working in this field for many years and subsequently works with many companies for various jobs, tasks and training seminars. This class well definitely get your foot in the door. I was so hesitant to take the course because it is alot of money (I paid for it myself) and it is a big change. But it is the best thing that I could have done. This job is so flexible, autonomous and rewarding. I highly recommend taking this step! Good Luck again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

That's good to know :) My cousin is a CRA and her background was in Fashion Design Marketing! I'm hoping when I get to San Diego I will just be at the right place at the right time. I will definitely be looking into this course. Thanks alot!

--Melissa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RAY in Key Biscayne, Florida

79 months ago

What does it take to be a successful CRA?

Jessica U in Madison, Wisconsin

79 months ago

ORGANIZATION! SELF DRIVE! This job is so autonomous. You work out of your home office most of the time. You travel to research sites by yourself. Basically you are in control of your own schedule and time, thus you must be really self driven and organized. No one is going to tell you that you should get to work except you. Otherwise you just need to be trained. The main purpose of a CRA is to protect the rights, safety and well being of the research subjects. Thus you are there to make sure that the site is doing what they are supposed to, to be a resource, and to be the middle man between the site and the sponsor. There are basically 4 types of site visits. The first type is a site evalutation visit. You go to the site, meet the staff, look at the facility and determine if they are qualified, competent and have the resources to meet the goals of the study. The second is the site initiation visit. This is where you go to train the site on the drug, device, reporting system and review key elements of safety and the study. The third is the monitoring visit. This is where the site has enrolled patients and you are going to make sure that the patients were consented properly and that the site has entered the information into the report forms correctly from the patient's medical document. The last is the closeout visit where you tie up all loose ends, make sure everything is correct, collected and taken care of. The rest of the job you do from home. It really is a great great job and I am so happy that I took the leap to look into it. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Girish in Mumbai, India

42 months ago

Does the course of Clinical Research Associate+GCP certification fro Kriger international Really help in getting good job?Pls reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sagi in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

DO NOT take a course from Kriger International!! They are fake!! I could not post the discussion site address because it contained the toll-free number, which indeed.com doesn't accept. But, just google "Kriger international scam" and go to the result from 800notes.com which contains a whole bunch of discussions..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

zizi in Germany

42 months ago

Girish in Mumbai, India said: Does the course of Clinical Research Associate+GCP certification fro Kriger international Really help in getting good job?Pls reply

No not at all I did and never got a job ...they are not at all good ,,lots of promises and even i had difficulty with them to get my CV help ,,,,forget save your money and get a real training ....I doubt that some body corrected my answers they are really not capable at allll

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna58 in Toronto, Ontario

34 months ago

Hi,
Currently I'm living in Toronto,Canada. Did someone take Kriger International course here? I would like to get some feedback. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Naveed in Kingston, Ontario

16 months ago

Did any one knows about Care Clinical Research Institute and NFS global solutions.
Are they giving real training and guaranteed job. Please give me your feed back abut them

santu in Box Hill, Australia

4 months ago

Hi all, I have relocated to AU and have been trying hard to get in to a clinical research entry level role,had 4 yrs experience working for international CRO,attended CTA certification by ARCS ...now applied for short 6 month course(professional certificate in clinical research) with melbourne uni.kindly advice if this is gone help me landing in to my first job in au.

Ernie S. in Concord, California

3 months ago

Although courses and training program can be helpful to learn about the industry, regulations, etc., there is no substitute for on the job experience. Most employer will require 1-2 years of experience for a starting CRA role. Some CROs have their own training program for those without experience, but it's not easy to get in.

Rather than going for a CRA role right off the bat, I would recommend getting experience in clinical trial in a lessor role first. Positions like Clinical Trial Associate (CTA) at a sponsor company or Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) at a site are some examples. This is how I got into the industry 8 years ago. I was a CRC for 3.5 years before becoming a CRA at a sponsor company. During the interview, the company really drilled down on specific examples of my skills and experience in running clinical trials. Without the actual hand on experience, although it's possible, it's harder to show potential employer that you can do the work.

Ernie S.
www.clinicalresearchassociatecra.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.