Which is better?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

W in Alabama in Anniston, Alabama

71 months ago

CCA certification or CPC certification? It is very confusing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dee in Montclair, California

71 months ago

CCA is for beginners it abbreviations is Certified Coding Apprentice from AHIMA, means you just started out in Coding with little or no experience. Employers prefer the higher CCS, RHIT, RHIA. Employers pay for the AHIMA- CCS than AAPC-CPC.

CPC (Certified Professional Coder) is administered by AAPC.www.aapc.org. American Academy Professional Coders. And Employers don't recommend AAPC as much as the AHIMA certifications. It's not well recognized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LisaMD in Maryland

71 months ago

Go AHIMA and get your CCS at a minimum. I got my CPC and, truthfully, it is not getting me anywhere. In fact, I think I will end up having to get my CCS in order to get coding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Riverside, California

70 months ago

CCS coders get paid more than CPC and every employers always ask for the CCS than CPC.

You can go to a community college and get training. Check www.ahima.org website to make the college is affiliate with AHIMA. Dont waste money on those colleges you see on TV, waste of time and money. Always go to a community college. The course will call HIM- Health Information Management courses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.