To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every collections representative must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your collections representative expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

rodenbaug@yahoo.com in Memphis, Tennessee

97 months ago

could I have your input on the top 3 traits or skills every representive must have to excel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MRS.PADEN in Smyrna, Georgia

93 months ago

GREAT LISTENING SKILLS, MONEY MOTIVATED, FOCUSED, AGRESSIVE,DETERMINED,PROFESSIONALISM,COMMUNICATION AND EXCELLENT NEGOTIATING SKILLS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every collections representative must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your collections representative expertise?

willig to learn,sit and lsten to second talk off's,focus, inquire,listen, attend all office meeting's, read all memos passed out, follow all laws and regultions,be independant, be at work and aheed all knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

rodenbaug@yahoo.com in Memphis, Tennessee said: could I have your input on the top 3 traits or skills every representive must have to excel?

self determination, self motivation, perfect attendance,a money hunger, and wanting more than a hourly pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

i've worked in collections...about to go into it again...love to talk people into doing the right thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ernest Hale in Duluth, Georgia

88 months ago

MRS.PADEN in Smyrna, Georgia said: willig to learn,sit and lsten to second talk off's,focus, inquire,listen, attend all office meeting's, read all memos passed out, follow all laws and regultions,be independant, be at work and aheed all knowledge.

I have 24 years collection experience working as a collector, supervisor, and department manager for SunTrust Bank handling all types of paper. I have additional 2 years as a call center manager for the same company. We were layed off work when our department was sold to an overseas company.

Because I was forced into bankruptcy two years ago I can no longer get a job in collections. My sister suffered with Lupus until she died in 2004 from the disease. She was uninsured. She had two children. I had to support her and her children and pay for numerous medical bills and medication out of pocket. We were forced to live on credit cards while my income went to medical expenses.

I am not irresponsible, a thief, or any less capable of doing my job. Is there any way to get back into the collection field, short of working for a temp agency?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.