Top community manager skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every community manager must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your community manager expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Norfolk, Virginia

83 months ago

The main ingredient in a well developed community is the team. So, a Community Manager must be a team player, understanding how to LEAD the team with their example of professionalism.

Secondly, you must have strong customer skills. Your customers are the owners, the residents and the prospects - all must be highly regarded. Thus, you must be very versatile and flexible, understanding how to properly increase NOI while improving or maintaining resident retention. You must be personable.

The third (but certainly not the final) trait of a successful community manager would be enjoyment of the job. You must like the business in order to succeed. High energy and enthusiam required for this job only comes with the simple fulfillment of the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Buchanan in Stockton, California

82 months ago

This position requires confidence and having a to do list so that you prioritize your time helped me.

I learned after my 1st PM job that is best to call the tenants by Mr or Miss using their last name keeps things professional.

Having tenant meetings and include your staff so everyone is on the same page and can answer questions or share their opinons as part of the team for the same goal of the property.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ricky@hotmail.com in Madrid, Spain

29 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

falsemail@hotmail.com in Madrid, Spain

29 months ago

Personal & community manager

www.federicotraspaderne.com

ft@federicotraspaderne.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.