What do you enjoy most about your cook career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a cook? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Dean in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

One of the things I enjoy about being a cook is dealing with the public, when someone tells me how the enjoyed a mea I prepared it really motvates me to do my best. One of things I dislike most about my work ironically,is the same thing I love, dealing with the public. What keeps me on the job is the energy level used on a daily basis. When I was younger I thought I wanted an office job, needless to say that job lasted all of 2 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephen Trelli in Meriden, Connecticut

86 months ago

I have A love hate relationship with being a Chef/cook.I started washing dishes in 1968.On occasion I still wash dishes.I tell all my cooks "You never stop washing dishes"I love too cook and love the beauty of a well run kitchen.Iam tired of always being under the gun constantly fighting The clock.Having to compromise my standards to get the food out the door on time.We can't say, like my mechanic has often said, I couldn't get to it today maybe tomrrow" Or my doctor after Ive been waiting for him for an hour and a half says,"sorry to keep you waiting"!I offten wonder why?They aren't held to the same standards we are.I also tell my cooks "It's never good enough or fast enough.But always do your best If you've done that,thats your reward.Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

robertus_satrio in Jakarta, Indonesia

84 months ago

I am, in the process of applying for Permanent Resident in Australia, and the immigration rule is to submit Work Experience as a Cook. Any body could help me by examples , what every duty that need to be included, as my ability in english not so excelent yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Carol Stream, Illinois

84 months ago

Hi Michael, what kind of food do you cook? do you cook Filipino food there in Dubai. I love to cook but i find my cooking is not as good.I followed the recipe from the book, still have a hard time to find the technique and secrect of being a cook.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.