Getting a cook job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

How did you get your start doing cook work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

jeremy henderson in Pontiac, Michigan

94 months ago

yes i have a culinary art certificate when i was at job corp trying to do something knew i always love cooking so if you need a hand get back to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy Johnson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

94 months ago

I am one test away from my GED.From there I will am going to get my culinary art certificate.although I feel i am a great cook now i feel i could do better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kowlessar

83 months ago

I am a nurse whos passion is to become a chef. Right now I a good cook. I'm currently looking to start on this goal right away .However I'm a little unealy of how to jump in and get going in the right direction . What I read today did pick my hopes up of starting this dream of mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chef Anderson in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

kowlessar said: I am a nurse whos passion is to become a chef. Right now I a good cook. I'm currently looking to start on this goal right away .However I'm a little unealy of how to jump in and get going in the right direction . What I read today did pick my hopes up of starting this dream of mine.

Listen you don't need anyone to jump start your dream,but you. I will tell you why,cooking is a passion for me I love it so I went to collage to get a Degree in Culinary Arts.After getting that Degree the SKY IS THE LIMIT. I got a great job that pay dam good, and I'm loving it.So go get your dream God said it so it will be done, Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chef Anderson in Lawrenceville, Georgia

74 months ago

kowlessar said: I am a nurse whos passion is to become a chef. Right now I a good cook. I'm currently looking to start on this goal right away .However I'm a little unealy of how to jump in and get going in the right direction . What I read today did pick my hopes up of starting this dream of mine.

Sorry for taking so long to reply,my business got a little busy. If cooking is a passion for you,put God first and he will leave you in the right direction.
I did it and he been blessing me every since,take it for me you can become a Chef.If I can help pick up hopes again E-Mail me maldo_6516@bellsouth.net
God Bless You,and Keep You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing cook work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Sorry it took long to reply,business got a little buzy.To answer your question I got started when I was nine years old.I always wanted to help mom do the cooking for the family.So since I love to cook, it became a passion to me.I put God first and follow him to complish my dream. Went to college for Culinary Arts with his help,and the rest is history. A college education is a great thing to have, it will help you get close to your dream,but god will make it happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I like to thank all of you for your replys, but I must say to everyone who has a dream to become a (CHEF)if it's not a passion. It will be hard for you to stick with making you dream come true,beleive me it's a long road but it can come true.
If you let God be the driver to get you to your dream,nothting can stop it.
Let me say this from the heart,I love to cook,it's a passion for me and always will be. God is still blessing me because I put him first,and I'm still following him to where ever he leave me. So let God, and go for your dreams.
Make God Bless You All to reach the dream

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chammika. in Male, Maldives

72 months ago

I would like to go by the my way.so I like to work hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chammika. in Male, Maldives

72 months ago

I have 8 year experiance in pastry and bakery,so that one helpful my future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bones in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

Collage eh? Are you sure?

Chef Anderson in Hollywood, Florida said: Listen you don't need anyone to jump start your dream,but you. I will tell you why,cooking is a passion for me I love it so I went to collage to get a Degree in Culinary Arts.After getting that Degree the SKY IS THE LIMIT. I got a great job that pay dam good, and I'm loving it.So go get your dream God said it so it will be done, Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Weasel breath in Southgate, Michigan

68 months ago

Hairline salads are my specialty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amala dass somu in Bangalore, India

66 months ago

hi,
i am amala dass somu from bangalore in india.i am experienced cook,i have more than 8year experience,i am a general cook.i am speclized in italian/mexican/indian/south indian/cold kitchen.i do the best vegetable and fruit carving.
i perform well in the kitchen.i cooparate with my teams as well as the management.i am a flexible cook.also i am very hard worker.
i plan to come to riverina region month of june end,before that if could i get better oppurtunity,i am very happy to join the best company.
warm regards,
amala dass somu
somujero126@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.