COURIER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

TAKER33RETURNS

70 months ago

I AM IN SOUTH JERSEY LOOKING FOR A COURIER JOB DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY OPINIONS AND/OR HELP FOR ME GETTING A JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

midniteangel in Memphis, Tennessee

70 months ago

I am in West TN looking for a courier job, too. I don't know how to get started either. If you find out anything will you let me know? I was looking on the internet for one.
Thanks and if I find out anything I will let you know, too.
Dala

tomd in Bristol, Connecticut

70 months ago

midniteangel in Memphis, Tennessee said: I am in West TN looking for a courier job, too. I don't know how to get started either. If you find out anything will you let me know? I was looking on the internet for one.
Thanks and if I find out anything I will let you know, too.
Dala

just stay away from velocity express they over charge the drivers and treat them like crap they are no good they dont pay on time good luck

Mr C in Lowell, Michigan

70 months ago

TAKER33RETURNS said: I AM IN SOUTH JERSEY LOOKING FOR A COURIER JOB DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY OPINIONS AND/OR HELP FOR ME GETTING A JOB

The freight industry is very easy to get into. A lot of folks fresh off the boats sign up for 'trucker school' and get their CDL and plopped behind the wheel of a 80,000 pound truck with virtually no experience. For the most part, the daily courier (independent contractor) business is just not a lucrative business to be in unless your vehicle is in good condition and paid off. And don't expect the compensation to be self-supporting. It's a fair source of a 2nd income if you're semi-retired and looking to get out of the house and keep you busy. You just won't make much more than what it costs to run your vehicle plus maybe $100-$200 per week. You might do better looking into signing on with a expedited freight company as an independant contractor. But then you are at the mercy of freight available in the area you are in. Again, just about anyone with a van or straight truck can sign on with one of these companies, and there are a lot of time spent at truck stops, or home, waiting for a load. If you are still 'hell-bent' on being a driver, get a good straight truck or tractor-trailer, get your own authority, and get yourself a good freight broker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr C in Lowell, Michigan

70 months ago

tomd in Bristol, Connecticut said: just stay away from velocity express they over charge the drivers and treat them like crap they are no good they dont pay on time good luck

The freight industry is very easy to get into. A lot of folks fresh off the boats sign up for 'trucker school' and get their CDL and plopped behind the wheel of a 80,000 pound truck with virtually no experience. For the most part, the daily courier (independent contractor) business is just not a lucrative business to be in unless your vehicle is in good condition and paid off. And don't expect the compensation to be self-supporting. It's a fair source of a 2nd income if you're semi-retired and looking to get out of the house and keep you busy. You just won't make much more than what it costs to run your vehicle plus maybe $100-$200 per week. You might do better looking into signing on with a expedited freight company as an independant contractor. But then you are at the mercy of freight available in the area you are in. Again, just about anyone with a van or straight truck can sign on with one of these companies, and there are a lot of time spent at truck stops, or home, waiting for a load. If you are still 'hell-bent' on being a driver, get a good straight truck or tractor-trailer, get your own authority, and get yourself a good freight broker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.